The Pack- Company email logs part 4. (Shadowfox)

CC All

Daffyd Daniel Tollakson. Kalden Joseph Moore. George Dylan Dalton.

ARE YOU ALL ABSOLUTELY INSANE? THE SHIT WITH THE FEEDER MARES WAS BAD ENOUGH FOR SOMETHING BEHIND MY BACK. THERE WAS ALREADY GOING TO BE RECKONING FOR THAT SHIT.

BUT AURORA? WE DON’T EVEN KNOW IF THE ODIN DAMNED DEMONFLUFFS ARE CROSS FERTILE WITH THE ORIGINAL VERSION, AND YOU WANT THE FIRST TEST TO BE ON AN ADOLESCENT MARE? SHE ISN’T EVEN FOUR MONTHS OLD UNTIL NEXT WEEK. AND DON’T START WITH ME ABOUT THE “ONE TIME OPPORTUNITY”. THERE WERE A THOUSAND WAYS TO DO THIS THAT DIDN’T INVOLVE FUCKING ME OVER.

AND HANGING UP ON ME WHEN I CALLED? BLOCKING MY DAMN NUMBER? WHAT ARE WE, HIGHSCHOOLERS? DO I HAVE TO RESORT TO SOME KIND OF JUVENILE BULLSHIT TO GET THROUGH TO ANY OF YOU?

Shadow.
Katy

Don’t think I don’t know you were involved. Asher sent me the clip and George mentioned where he got the drugs on camera. I am very disappointed. Probably best we skip the coffeeshop run this week. Talk to you later.

Shadow

Shadow

Look, I know the guys were a little out of line the other day. And it might have been a little rude hanging up on you. But you brought middle names into it. You’re still bringing real names into it. I know I put you in charge of everything over there, but you’re overreacting just a wee bit.

Let’s remember who owns all this and every single one of those fucking glorified shitrats, okay? I’m the boss, you can be out of a job and looking for a new apartment tomorrow morning. Just cool all your fucking shit. I might not have been in the full loop, but I still saw the footage before I posted it. Consider it all retroactively boss approved.

Dave.
Shadow

YOU CALLED MY MOM? I CAN’T FUCKING BELIEVE YOU SUNK THAT DAMN LOW! You no good, dirty rotten little bitch of a cousin, I want you out of

Dave

Shadow-

you are the lowest, most conniving brat I have ever

Really? You called my Moms? Both of them? Was that really needed?

George

Shadow, Cc all

Dearest cousin Siana.

You, my mother, Aunt Revna and Gran Gran have all made a number of excellent points over dinner. It is indeed highly unlikely I could find anyone else willing to pull frequent 16 to 20 hour days while on call the rest of the time and with only one day off a week. Let alone at the salary I offered you.

The work you do keeping up with all the documentation has always been exemplary, and all of the assets I have put under your care are thriving beyond expected measures. You have hit all the marks I asked you to for the investor meetings, and have gone beyond to provide me with alternative income sources more than sufficient to cover the facility budget. There may still be significant shortfalls and overruns on the R and D side of this venture, but none of it is your doing.

I’ll make sure all of your requested days off are covered.Your birthday was last month, right? How forgetful of all of us. You must think me the most churlish and ungrateful cousin in your life. As a belated and sorely deserved present, I’m sending you the paperwork for Breeding stock 1A that stud you’re so fond of. Call name Rook, right? He is now under your co-ownership full possession. But I’m reserving breeding rights to… Full rights and ownership come with him, naturally, and you will have your choice of stud fee or litter pick for all breedings. In fact, if you want, take your pick out of the other two initial litters when they are ready, either for a second stud or a breeding partner to your otherbribe pet.

I am, of course, incredibly apologetic about that little misunderstanding the other day. The other employees involved will be reprimanded and reminded firmly that you are the one in charge of that facility and stock. That all such decisions need to be run past and approved by you ahead of time, despite whatever slapdash procedures pass muster on the Lab and R&D side of things. I will, of course, be supporting whatever methods you use to control the situation.

Next time we have leisure, maybe we should talk about that little NDA I forgot to have you sign when you started like everyone else did? Maybe without bringing the family elders into it?

Your loving cousin, Daffyd

Dave

Shadow-

I apologize for my horrendous lapse in judgement the other day. It will not happen again, I assure you. And I would be more than happy to join Dave supervising the facility and the part-timers this Saturday so you can have the day off. It will be a great chance for me to measure for better door latches and install that espresso maker that I’m bribing you with that I got for your birthday. Last month. I apologize for the delay as well, I picked up the wrong model originally. I should also install that new meat grinder, but it might not be ready until after I’m sure you won’t use it for us functional right away. Might take a little adjusting.

Kal

Shadow

Leah-mom is standing over me and making me write an apology, so I hope you’re happy. Luckily, she hasn’t found her glasses yet. You lost me a damn bet, by the way. Kal and I were sure it would at least stay under the radar until you checked on Aurora again on Friday. Katy was the one betting you’d know by the end of the day. Seriously, for someone who “isn’t an abuser” you are really up to date on the forum and subscription feed. Dave had that post up less than fifteen minutes before you were screaming into his phone. Have you migrated to our side of the divide?

George

Shadow

He asked for the supplies. He didn’t tell me what he wanted them for and I didn’t ask, sorry. I assumed he either had a side project or was intending to use it on your brood mares in the Kennel. The latter wouldn’t have been great but those are both easily replaceable and I had the idiot thought he would ask you first. I know damn well Aurora isn’t old enough to carry this easily, even if she’s the fastest maturing of the batch, and I’d have told him how immensely moronic this plan was. In detail. Sorry.

It might still be easier to let it play out rather than terminate, given the circumstances. I’ll pry some of the hormone boosters and supplements out of Bill, drop them off so this has the best shot.

Katy

CC all

I deeply appreciate the apologies and the assurances of future consideration, and I’m sure we can all move forwards from this regrettable incident. I’m just glad we’re now all on the same page now regarding the facility and breeding plans. The insurance requirements for that daycare idea have come through, and we could pull it off. But I’m going to need more hours for our newest employee, and possibly someone else part time to cover the playroom while she’s in school. The latter will, of course, depend on whether we pick up enough charges to cover the wages, but I’m optimistic.

A warning. The moment we start on that, all the footage has to be either after hours or in the isolation rooms. The Kennel room needs to be locked at all times. And the chainlink between the feeder pen and the yard fully privacy slatted. And I would prefer to wait until the newest demonfluffs are at least weaned. Given what I’m dealing with in the Kennel right now, adding to that chaos is a bad idea.

On the other hand, by the time we hit that point, all the lesser sale stock should be alicorn friendly. Ups the price a teeny bit, means the kind of people who’d come to the daycare would be more likely to be interested in one for themselves or mentioning us to friends and family.

Thank you all in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

And Dave? Your offer simply astounds me. I admit, he is my favorite, and not needing to worry about leaving him behind if I should, Odin Forbid, need to seek alternative employment someday, is a weight off my chest. The idea of picking him a special friend someday is beautiful as well. Give your mom my love next time you see her?
Also, which NDA was that again? I live to serve as a cooperative part of this venture, so just tell me a day and time and I’ll see ifyour mom and Uncle Dagrun my lawyer and legal advisor are available. You’d never ask me to sign something a lawyer hadn’t read thru for me, would you? Why, who knows what horrible clauses could be in an unread, unverified contract. Thanks for the new employment contract, by the way. It’s nice to have things in writing.

Shadow

George

By the time I finished cleaning up from the uproar you caused in the Kennel and checked on the outside herd, my phone was blowing up Asher was calling me, because he’s subscribed and has a damn brain in his head. Which meant his first thought on hearing your badly edited little spiel was making sure I was in the loop. I had a handful of other messages by the end of the night. Disturbing number of people who don’t work for Dave who still went to school with us and hang out on those forums. Keep that in mind. I have sources, George.

I’m not saying the “nu wan be pwincess nu mowe” shit isn’t a welcome change. But I needed to be in the loop and the timing was atrocious. Incidentally, I checked Aurora over when I had a chance. The wing you twisted actually dislocated, both of them are strained and have hairline fractures, she has several cracked ribs, the tear in her ear was well on the way to being infected…the list goes on, George. I’m guessing from the number that the footage doesn’t explain she tried struggling while you were cleaning her up? Thank you ever so for shoving her back in that small cage without telling me I needed to look out for injuries.

She shit herself in terror at the mere mention of your name, by the way. Thanks for that too. You’re banned from the building until further notice. And Bill says he wants a conversation with you before your next shift at the Lab. Something about continuing to complicate the variables of sensitive research and prototypes.

Shadow

George

You’re so lucky you are cute. I’m still pissed at you. If you’re going to implicate me in shit like that, I deserve at least a warning of what I’m going to be accused of. I thought you were just messing over the brood mares before you handed the stud over to Aurora to destroy.

I expect the biggest, most deluxe popcorn and drink combo at the movies. And Red Lobster after.

By the way, Bill stopped being remotely okay with borrowed supplies the moment he realized you used it on one of the prototypes. The prototypes he lost seven batches of between you and Kal, forcing him to wait ever longer to be able to test reproductive maturity. I pulled the precious baby sister and usually competent underling card, but he’s still being short with me over it.

You have a second job, right? Because unless you manage to talk really fast in the meeting he’s scheduled for you, I’m pretty sure the number of Lab grunt hours you are going to be offered anytime soon is basically null. Gonna have to convince him your wages wouldn’t be better spent running the minor assays and assessments he could then fit into the remaining budget.

Kal would be facing the exact same issue, but he’s competent enough with the maintenance he does around here that Bill is okay giving him limited hours when he can be supervised. Let’s face it, if you two weren’t Dave’s best friends you’d both be fired. If Bill had any control over anything not R&D or lab related, you’d be fired anyways- with Dave gone with you. As far as Bill’s concerned- Let me remember the damn quote- “Siana is the only one doing her goddamn job over there. If Daffyd had informed me he knew someone actually capable of that feat when this venture began, I would have insisted she run that side from the beginning. And if I had, I’d likely be studying the second generations by now and still not as far over budget as I am now!”

He’s gonna be a little testy for a while. Might calm down when the second gen starts proving out.

Katy

Relevant story chapter- The Pack (25) Shadow's week 11 footage part 3 (Shadowfox)
First Chapter of main story- The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
First email log- The pack- Company email log. by: Shadowfox
Previous email log- The Pack- Company email logs part 3 (Shadowfox)
Next email log- The Pack- Email logs part five (Shadowfox)

8 Likes

Damn, did those people mess up. I guess one single possible good thing is that Aurora might’ve realized she is not the one in control. I wonder how she will act from now on

1 Like

The downside of company nepotism. Especially with a lawyer in the family and otherwise outside the loop.

1 Like

Ooof, bringing the parents into it, super effective attack there. Probably the only effective one given this moronic ‘leader’ has allowed his hare-brained abuser pals to destroy so many demonfluff generations so far. And how nice of him to hand over Rook formally! Glory, Foxfire, and Aurora (as well as the yet-nameless baby demonfluffs) better hope this is the last time George and company push their luck! If I was Shadow I’d have been out of there already.

OTOH this might have been a good thing- imagine the repercussions if Georgie and Kal were ‘in charge’ while some hellgremlin alicorn in the day care acted up. Daffy Duck wouldn’t be able to keep his project going if someone rich enough to afford a spoiled alicorn sued his ass into the ground over them turning it into a pillow or worse. Actually, PS Shadow- don’t let them even in the building with other people’s fluffies!

2 Likes
Summary

She let the family lawyers draft her a new employment contract that Dave has now signed without really reading–one written after she let them explain how much she had him over a barrel.
Dave- Capable of enough fast talking to get idiots to invest in this. Stupid enough to promptly hire his best friends for everything. And forget to NDA the only person he hires smart enough to take advantage of that fact.

3 Likes

Damn. I love reading these and seeing how everyone is developing through all of these “shenanigans”. Yes, the prettiest princess demonfluff needed to be knocked down a peg but goddamn. I actually debated not reading this series when the two idiots started playing around. If they were using regular fluffies, fine. Prototypes? That’s careless. Glad Shadow got them raked over the coals.

1 Like