The Pack- Company email logs part 3 (Shadowfox)

Bill,

Can I please get a better set of notes on the splice info? And maybe of Katy’s necropsy notes? The more I know the less guesswork goes into trying to raise these things. I’m picking up a bit from what she’s gone over with you, but it’s becoming a thing. We lost nearly a third of the implanted fetuses that were viable when you sent the surrogates over, I want to know what I did wrong.

Shadow

To Siana Tollakson @ “Shadow” (Cc all.)

Ten out of fifteen survivors is, in fact, pretty good odds with this sort of thing, Siana. Out of the twenty originally implanted is great odds, doubly so when the experimental genetics are taken into consideration. Take credit for your valiant efforts. According to Katherine, all of your stillbirths were either clawed, bat winged or both. I’ve been having considerable difficulty maintaining viability with either mutation from the beginning, despite your cousin Daffyd’s hopes for the sub-breed foundation stock. All three live births possessing both have been “runts”, underdeveloped compared to their batch-mates. One of them sufficiently so as to not survive more than a few hours despite best efforts, the others at least enough so that the surrogate mares reacted adversely to the scent. Fortunately, we had learned from earlier mishaps enough to negate that issue with specimen 1D and her batch.

The truly problematic mutation seems to be just replacing the hooves with clawed feet, as I have had hardly more success with that mutation on it’s own as with the combination of that and the bat wings. We did have a few earlier specimens seem to prove viable, but it remains unproven as none outlived their first two months and the care of Daffyd’s compatriots. I remain absolutely fascinated to see if 1D will prove capable of fluffy typical reproduction, or if the combination of mutations might complicate things further. In fact, Batch 11 and specimens 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D will be the first of this new experiment to reach anything approaching maturity. Congratulations, I await reports eagerly.

Katherine also mentioned you did have two new live births of the bat wing mutation, dicy as their survival might have seemed? Congratulations on that as well. If not as problematic as the claws, it has still been proving an elusive and rare thing to make truly viable. Pity about the greater Kirin attempts, but I might still have managed a few viable mutation sets out of those experiments.

Regards, William Gregory.

Shadow, Dave,

Shadow’s name is actually Siana? How the- I’ve known you two for years, how did I not know Shadow wasn’t her real name. And Dave is a Daffy? I could have been calling you Daffy in school and I missed out on it? How could you do this to me? I feel betrayed. Does Asher know your real name, Siana? Siana.

George

George,

Cordially? Fuck you, dude. If you ever call me Daffy, I will kill you. I will fire you, hire Kal to hack nuke every one of the forums you mod, and replace them with photoshopped pictures of you cuddling spaghetti covered, derped fluffyshys. Naked. And then I will kill you. And you had better have a lot of bribery on hand if you want to survive calling Shadow Siana.

Why is the name Asher familiar?

Dave

CC-Dave, George, Kal, Katy.

Let it be known to all that there will be consequences if the name Siana crosses any of your lips within my earshot. I have access to a metric fuckton of fluffy shit. I know where all of you fuckers live. I will dump a sorry poopie filled smarty in your damn bed. I will dump half a shit covered soon-mummah on your pillows.

Fuck you George. Leave Asher out of this. If I can get the facility watched, I’m allowed to have a social life at least once a damn week.

Shadow.

Dave

The fluffy wrangler trying to wrangle his way into your cousin’s pants with free feeder fluffies? Asher of the white panel truck and the constant wet dog smell? “Why can’t I find a Shadowrun group to join” Asher? He took Shadow out to Applebees last week, the cheap bastard.

George

George-

Oh, that Asher. He’s not that bad a dude, George. Applebees is not the worst first date location in this stupid town. Shadow seems happy enough with the date, per Katy and Aunt Cass. Think he’s upping the game to Red Lobster and a park next Saturday, she asked if she could take 1A (what’s she calling him, Rook?) with her if she kept him on leash, try a supervised introduction to a dog.

Dave

Shadow-

What happened to Call of Cthulu and Mortal Online as your social life? The guild says you’ve been skimping on raids and meetings since you moved into the facility, and you haven’t been on at all for two weeks. Even if you’re insisting on doing things “outside”, why Asher? I’d take you out- I’m sure anyone at the Card shop would take you to dinner in a heartbeat!

George

George-

Oh, for the love of the Aesir and Vanir. We’ve known each other since high school. You have had years of opportunity to ask that. Before you pop in with your next sad little confession and request, the answer is no. You’re damn near as much family as Dave or Kal. And I’m absolutely not going to date you while I have to work with Katy. Maybe not even after, since I like her as a friend. Girl code wins.

Shadow

Shadow

What does Katy have to do with this? I don’t get what… Shadow? Shadow, explanation required!

George

George

Umm… “Read at 3:13”

This person is currently unavailable, leave a message at the beep. Insert beeping noise here.

I’m sorry, the email you are attempting could not be completed as dialed.

Shadow

First Chapter of main story- The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
First email log- The pack- Company email log. by: Shadowfox
Previous Email log- The Pack- Company email logs part 2 by: Shadowfox
Next- The personal notes of William Gregory- The Pack- Personal notes of William Gregory (Shadowfox's headcanons)
Next email log- The Pack- Company email logs part 4. (Shadowfox)

6 Likes

Same energy as faking a “im going into a tunnel krrshh you’re breaking up!” On the phone ahaha. Well done!

3 Likes

That’s about what she was going for, thanks.

3 Likes