The Pack (25) Shadow's week 11 footage part 3 (Shadowfox)

Chunk upload part three.

“Glory, where are you taking that?” Shadow asked some time later, as Glory carefully pulled one of the hindquarters torn from the shredded carcass toward the hall.

He dropped it, looking up at her with nervously pinned ears as Rook continued gnawing through ribs. “Gwowy am jus’… Dis fo’ Fo’fia. Fo’fia saddies now, nu feew wike weawwy Pack nu mowe. Bwing sissy nummies, so Fo’fia knuw stiww Pack eben wen nu hunties wit Pack.”

“Oh…that’s… That is one of the cutest things I have heard lately, actually. Bring that here and finish your dinner, and I’ll help you take that to Foxfire.” The ivory fluffy perked up immediately at her words, dropping his prize at her feet. She stretched out a hand, and he pressed up into it after a moment of hesitation, quietly purring as she rubbed the bases of his ears. “You’re a sweet boy, Glory. I used to worry you and Aurora were both going to be problem children.” At the mention, his ears fell again, his gaze returning to the second hindquarter laying near the pile of entrails.

“Mummah Shado’, can Gwowy gib Auwowa nummies tu? Stiww sissy, stiww Pack, eben if…” he saw her expression change, and sighed. “Otay. Neba’min. Am… Wen am Auwowa out ob sowwy box? Miss sissy.”

“Nu knuw why,” Rook muttered through a mouth full of liver. Glory shot him a look, and Rook shrugged again, stepping around to crack another rib free. The kitchen was all but a disaster zone, the tile almost invisible in the corner they were using.

“Oh, Glory. I don’t… You know Aurora was very bad the other day, right? She lied to me, she ruined your blocks, made bad poopies on the rug, and tried to get Foxfire in the worst trouble she could. She wanted Foxfire to spend the rest of her life in a sorry box, just for being Foxfire.” Shadow explained slowly, rubbing her temples. Carefully she set the fluffy leg on the table next to her phone, plopping down in a clean spot so she was more at his level. “She isn’t even ready to admit she was in the wrong over it.”

“Oh. Bu’… Otay. Auwowa gun stay in sowwy box tiww weady to nu be bad?” Gwowy asked, his ears still drooping as he took the opportunity to sprawl with his head on her knee. “Dat…dat mayb’ be long time tiww see sissy ‘gain.”

“Bewy, bewy wong time,” Rook agreed, just smugly enough Glory flicked his ears back as the charcoal fluffy joined them. He was halfway into her lap before he relaxed with Shadow’s fingers buried in his mane. “Sowwy, Gwowy, bu’ betta Pack nu hab Pwincess.”

“Jus wan Pack tu be nice, nu sissy be meanie ow nuttin,” Glory mumbled, not looking at Shadow or his brother. “Wan Pack be Pack.”

“Yeah, well. I’ll talk to Aurora tomorrow, probably. If she’s actually willing to behave and really apologize… I’ll think about it, okay? Maybe next week, if she’s good. Just… here, take Foxfire’s share and go wait by her room while I get this hosed down.” Rook let himself be pushed back off her lap, stretching before he went back to the last scraps of Mint. With a deeply resigned sigh and a dismissive pat to each of their heads, Shadow levered herself back up, muttering again as she yanked open a drawer and began piling ramen packets on the counter. By the time she had her largest stock pot on the stove and grabbed for the hose and mop, Rook had most of the remains dealt with.

There was a last subtle flicker of luminescence from the stubby horn and Rook slammed his hooves down on it until it cracked at the base, away from the last bits of the skull. He grabbed for it as Shadow picked up the mop and the hose, tucking himself under the table and out of the way. “Well, it seems like one fluffy between the two of you is right about the right amount, factoring in what Foxfire is getting and the foal. Did you two at least have fun?”

“Yes, Mummah. Fwuffy twied be nice, but stiww cawwed us munstas. Eben afowe fwuffy saw da bowws.” Rook nosed at the softly shining bit of keratin between his hooves, wings splayed out to his sides. “Was dummeh tu, eben fo da outside fwuffies. Mummah makin’ sketties?”

“Yup. Pepper deserves a treat, and she’s the sort of fluffy to feel bad if she gets sketti and the others don’t, if you remember from the last time we were in there. And the wall mares should shut up for that, at least long enough for me to look them over and insta-gel.” Shadow finished shoving the rest of the muck into the butcher’s drain, rubbing a mop over the floor before turning back to the stove. “She isn’t the only one I promised a reward to, either. You want some?”

He tipped his head indecisively for a moment before shaking his mane out. “Nu. Dat otay, Wook bewwy tu fuww ob fwuffy. Tank’ou fow offew, dow. Wub ‘ou.” Tail slowly swishing, he lay with his head on his hooves, watching her quietly. “Mummah? Why ‘ou cwean fwoow an nu Wandy? Tinked ‘ou say dat Wandy jobsies.”

“Oh, it is. But it’s probably better I don’t see Randy right now, all things considered. For much the same reason I’m going to stay in here and work on this until I don’t want to throw this pot at Kal or George.” Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the puzzled tilt of his head, and sighed. “They messed with something I was doing without telling me, and I am not happy with any of them.”

“Wike……Wike if knock obaw Gwowy bwock towaw when Gwowy nu wooking? Gwowy awways maddies an’ saddies wen udda fwuffies pway wit Gwowy bwockies.”

“Thats…That’s closer than any other explanation I can come up with right now. They decided to play with my toys, and messed up what I was building while they were at it. So until I figure out the best way to rebuild it…I’m mad and sad and probably shouldn’t be within strangling distance of any of them. Don’t… I’ll be fine, Rook. I’m just going to give myself long enough to get all the feeder fluffies dealt with for the night before I go read those assholes the riot act.” She hauled the heavy pot off the burner, tipping it into the colander and pulling one of the discount sauce jars off the shelf. Two large tupperware and a stack of kids bowls later, she was heading for the door. “Come on, I’ll let you and Glory in with the girls on my way out. Probably a little easier if you aren’t in sight while I quiet everything down.”

“Otay, Mummah.” he picked up the fragment of horn, and headed for the door with her, only a trace of sullenness in his posture. “Can Wook sit in wowkie woom wit ‘ou wataw? Wiww be mousie kwiet.”

“I… Sure. In fact, if you’d rather, you can hang out in here and I’ll be back in a few minutes when I get this passed out, I just need to borrow Marnie from Foxfire long enough to make sure Pepper can handle her end of things. Easy enough if Glory wants to go play best brother for a while.” Rook flicked an ear at the last statement, but still bounced straight back to his spot under the table and resumed batting at the glowing bit absently. “Alright, then. Stay in here, and don’t get into anything. I’ll be right back.”

Pepper was thrilled to have Marnie back in the run, even if floor space was growing a little precious, and the other two mares echoed that as soon as Marnie had finished helping quiet the waking foals. The four bowls of noodles and sauce set that in stone, making them declare Marnie “guud fwuffy hewpa fwiend!”

Even the distraught mares in the wall cages snuffled “tank’ous” and “wub nice Miss Shado’”when Shadow got them cleaned up and passed bowls of that precious substance to each of them, with smaller scoops passed to the other fluffies in the room. “Can…Cotton Candy can hab babbehs back?” one dared to ask, straining her neck to see the foals in the nearest run.

“But Cotton Candy, you have tummy babies to look after now, don’t you? And you so hurt and upset,” Shadow hummed, and the pink mare nodded, rubbing a hoof over her belly. “Well then, you have a nice rest while Pepper looks over the babies, right over there where you can see them, and we’ll see how you feel tomorrow, okay?” The same logic worked on the other two mothers, and Shadow lugged the second container of sauced ramen outside with only a handful of curses for idiot coworkers.

When she reached the outdoor run, Warlock was sitting away from the others, head down as a blue mare shrieked at him. “Dummeh, meanie, munsta smawty! Babbeh steawa! Gib back bestest babbeh now!”

“Shut up Aster, unless you want to lose the other five as well.” All except this weeks additions scrambled to the far end of the pen the moment the blue haired woman entered, shaking in fear. Except for a blue mare with puffed cheeks.

“Munsta hoomin gib babbeh now! Babbeh nee’ mummah!” Aster dared to stomp over to Shadow’s hightops, not quailing until the woman pinned her under one of them. “Pwease! Babbeh nee’ mummah! Mummah nee’ bestest babbeh!”

“No. Good mothers don’t have favorites, brat. Go look after the rest of yours or they’ll go live inside too.” She surveyed the others, the heads coming up and hesitantly sniffing. “Every time I ask, Warlock here is going to pick two of you to come with me and leave this pen. If he picks two for me, all of you get a reward. Maybe sketties…” she lowered the container a little, enough to make sure they could all see it. “Maybe toys or something else good. If he doesn’t pick anyone, then I’ll take whichever two of you I want, and you’ll lose all the toys or anything else I’ve given you, as well as getting no nummies that day at all. If you hurt Warlock or stop listening to him, you’ll lose everything and not be fed until I think you’ve learned a lesson. Does everyone understand?”

Half the fluffies nodded slowly, even if their blank expressions said they really didn’t. Warlock was staring at her again, looking like someone suddenly woken into an old nightmare- until he saw her looking at him. A false, rictus like smile appeared on his face, and he crawled forward. “Hewd unnastan’, nice wady. Tank’ou fow nicey safepwace, an’ nummies, an’…”

“Yeah. Promised you a gift, here it is. Have fun Warlock. Just keep our deal in mind.” Shadow unceremoniously dumped the ersatz spaghetti on the grass and stalked back out, not bothering to look back at the jostling mob of fluffies behind her.

“Mummah back!” Rook was bouncing at the edge of the kitchen when she returned though halls noticeably free of other people.

“Hey, sweetheart. I wasn’t gone that long, did you really miss me that much?” Shadow crouched again, and Rook near launched himself into her. “I admit, it’s kinda nice that someone here takes what I tell them so seriously.”

He bounced from hoof to hoof, then reared back with a hopeful look on his face. “Can Wook hab upsies wike gween fwuffy?”

“You’re a little bit bigger than Mint, Rook.” Despite her words, she reached down, hauling him up onto her lap as she plopped back in the chair. “Is this close enough?”

“Yes. Wook wub Mummah wap, wub upsies and hab bigges’ happies.” he rested his head on her shoulder, tipping his ears into the petting fingers until they both popped bolt upright. “Wook awmos’ fowgotted! Mummah talkie ting made wots ob noisies wen Mummah was out. Wots an’ wots of noisies.”

“Really? I was gone ten minutes, who needed to get ahold of me that badly-” she snagged her phone off the table, blinking at the number of notifications before she flicked her way to the calls. “Hey, Asher, you’re really cute, but seven calls in ten minutes is kind of excessive after one… What? Yeah, I kind of figured you weren’t a kisses and hugs for the fluffs kind of guy, Ash. I’m not going to have a tantrum over you hanging out on the forums. Play your cards right I’ll start letting you help me edit raw footage and you can stop paying the gate fee Dave’s little Website charges… What… I don’t… No, I’ve never actually gone looking for the subscription side of the feeds, I’m usually the one filming the shit, I don’t need to watch them… I don’t… I haven’t gotten anything sent to post yet today, Ash. Still need to edit what the boys pulled off from the raw fee- What. What the actual fuck?”

“-Yip!- Owwies.” Rook slid to the tile in an abrupt thump as Shadow shoved herself back from the table. A hand absently reached down to pat his head, as she started pacing the kitchen.

“Yeah, you’re gonna have to run that by me again, because I desperately hope I mishea- ah, fuck. Yeah I heard you. No, it’s fine. Thanks for letting me know, Ash. Really. Still on for Saturday at the park? Great. Talk to you later then.” She tossed the phone back on the table, staring at it like it was a poisonous snake. “Sorry, Rook. Can you do Mummy a big favor? Repeat the phrase “Shadow can’t go to the park with her new boyfriend if she’s in prison for murder.”

“Mummah nu can gu tu pawkies wit nyu speciew fwiend if gu tu pwison fo’ muwda.” he recited with a baffled look on his face. “Wook nu unnastan. Wat mummah mean?”

“Well, at least by the time I explain that I might not want to sharpen knives,” she muttered, picking up the twenty pound fluffy and settling back in the chair. “Prison is like a big sorry box for humans. Murder is killing other people…giving them worstest hurties and forever sleepies.” He was nodding slowly and Shadow resumed a slow, deliberate stroke down his back.

“Den Wook muwda nummie fwuffies? Kiww fwuffies?” he asked, and she ruffled his mane. “Nu wan gu tu sowwy box, bu wike …wike kiwwin’ fwuffies.”

“That’s different. You can kill any fluffy I say you can, Rook. Just remember the rules about the playroom and the kennel. Don’t worry about it.” She patted him a few more times as he relaxed, focusing on taking a few deep breaths herself, then picked up her phone. “Mummah might yell a bit now, but it isn’t at you, okay?.. Daffyd Daniel Tollakson. Don’t you fucking dare start on that shit. I don’t need to be on the forum to hear shi- What did….Fuck this. Put George on, I can hear him sniveling in the background. What do you mean, maybe not a great idea? It’s a perfect idea after what he pulled toda- You have perfect reception at the lab, Dave, I don’t… Dave? That asshole just hung up on me? He hung up on me. Rook, sweetie?”

“Mummah nu can gu tu pawkies wit nyu speciew fwiend if gu tu pwison fo’ muwda.”

“And oddly, that still actually helps. Sweetheart, I know I said you could hang out with me in the office, but I have to go deal with stuff, okay? Go let yourself into the playroom with the others, and I’ll be in as soon as I have time. Maybe I’ll read more of the bunny book for you.” She shoved the phone into the pouch of her hoodie, forcibly stretching her fingers back out of their fists. “Just nudge the door back shut after yourself.”

This time she carefully set him down with a last pat to the head before she stalked off.

Rook almost followed her out, wings stretching before he dropped back onto his rump and tucked them tightly. He tilted his head back and forth, hooves tapping softly as he lost himself in thought. “Mummah bewy nu- happies. Dis nu guud, eben if mummah maddies an’ saddies wit Mista Geowge an’ Mista Davvy stead ob Wook ow Pack. Mummah say Wook hewp, bu’ stiww be bewy nu-happies.” Shaking out his mane in clear frustration, he returned to his spot under the table, collecting the still faintly phosphorescent horn before trudging out of the kitchen. Halfway into the hall, he paused again, dropping his prize as his wings flared. “Wook wub shinies, awways make Wook happies. An’ Wook wan. Dis bewy shinies…But wub Mummah. Wan’ Mummah be happies……Mayb’ shinies hewp Mummah tu? But wan… Wan Mummah be happies mowe. Hab udda shinies.” He grabbed the shiny bit, trotting eagerly not towards the playroom but Shadow’s bedroom. In a smooth, practiced move, he bounced upward, bringing his hooves down on the door level out of his normal reach and heaving what momentum he had against the inward opening door in the process. The fragment of broken horn was set on the pillow with all the decorum suitable to a crown jewel, and Rook carefully jumped down again. “Dere. Mummah hab pwetty nestie, but nee’ mowe shinies. Wook hewp.”

Satisfied with his attempt, he sauntered back out, trotting straight to the playroom and letting himself in before shoving the door mostly shut behind him.

Shadow’s Response, email log form.- The Pack- Company email logs part 4. (Shadowfox)
First Chapter- The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
Previous Chapter- The Pack- (24) Shadow's week 11 footage, part two (Shadowfox)
Next Chapter- The Pack (26) Week 12 log, Monday (Shadowfox)

8 Likes

Aww, Rook is so sweet

2 Likes

Oh honey… I send hugs for Rook hes so sweet

1 Like

Hehe. This is another quote that I can’t stop chuckling at.

2 Likes