The Pack- Week 9 Semi official log notes (10) by: Shadowfox

Week 9 notes.
Sunday.
Contrary to original plans, the eight feeder fluffies are still in the outdoor kennel, sulking over the better playard on the other side of the fence. This is, to be honest, an expected result of the pack each eating just about half their own weight in fluffy meat two days ago and sleeping off the feast. Aurora still has a mostly cleaned bone under her blanket she seems very happy with. Rook lined his crate “nestie” with his collected fluff- the idea of which seems to intrigue all three of his siblings- and handed over his last bone for disposal yesterday before it could have a chance to annoy Glory. Glory, once the bath got the last of the smell out of his fur and he was done preening his blowdried fluff back into place, seemed very pleased about “Wude fwuffy awe nummies”. Foxfire spent most of Friday and Saturday asleep except for shuffling trips to the litterbox.
But it’s fine, really. The smarty’s bitey little mate has been eating most of the kibble rations the herd was allowed and he’s been hyping up the other, better side of the fence. Randall, one of the part-timers George hired, reported she’s been claiming she’s a “soon-mummah” and needs more “nummies”. Don’t care. If she lives long enough to give birth, they’ll make snacks for the demonfluffs. If not, she might be big enough to feed the entire pack for a day. But their division of the limited resources allowed them means the others in their herd are very eager to get to the promised nummies on the other side of the fence. Given another week their excavation attempts might even get through the sod.

Luckily, Dave outsourced both the selection of the site and the conversion to Kal and his construction contacts. The outer fence was designed to keep large, aggressive dogs contained, with the wire buried a foot deep into six more inches of concrete. Not even the Alphastock are getting through that without help, and normal fluffies aren’t getting through even the lighter dividing fence, which is just buried 2 inches down. At least not with a bare minimum of maintenance attention to yard condition, since if we left them to dig for generations they might get somewhere.
Current plan is turn the Pack out in the yard tomorrow, give the feeders long enough to work themselves up into a real tizzy, and open the dividing gate a crack. Each of the Alphastock now have documented reactions to smarty level aggression, experience with live fluffies as food, and proved capable of taking down a more or less full grown fluffy on their own. (I admit, I was a bit worried whether Foxfire could manage on her own yet. She’s terrier level game, but she’s still less than ¾ the size of most grown fluffies. And she’s a bit on the over friendly side.) Cameras and audio are set from multiple angles and I’ve blocked out at least three hours of schedule that evening for potential bathing and blowdry, in case of sorry poopies.
Ideally, we can let a couple of the herd through, enough for the Pack to gorge on, and allow the others to remain for a later feeding. More likely, George and I will pack up the scraps left for intermittent, non- living meals, as we did for what little was left and salvageable from the litter of smarties. This is gonna make for great footage, but any survivors are likely to be traumatized and and twice as aggravating to handle.
In other news, the latest attempts at implanting more Alpha stock embryos have apparently taken. The Pack is doing well enough under my care that both mares are being sent to this side of things for the last two weeks of their pregnancy. It also has the convenience of the fact I live on site with an entire box of extra baby monitors, and can provide 24 hour care. (Joy. /s) Fortunately for my work load, the two part timers and George are keeping charge of cleaning and the bulk of dealing with the feeder stock while Kal runs maintenance on both sides.

First-The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
Previous Log-The Pack- Semi-official log notes, week 8, (part5) by: Shadowfox
Previous Chapter- The Pack- Foxfire, week 8 video clips(9) by: Shadowfox
Next- The pack- week 9 video footage, part one. (11) by: Shadowfox

14 Likes