The "Smarty Land Now" Theory (by Booperino)

well, Fixer is extra in the things and methods he uses plus this does help make ferals more trusting of humans for the final step of being potentially adopted

4 Likes

I love Fixer and his family. :heart:

3 Likes

And here I thought when he neutered/spayed the fluffies it was so they could become basically a sterile feral colony that could then spend all its energy being strong enough to fight off any potential hellgremlin interlopers. Didn’t realize Fixer was giving them the gold-plated treatment so they could be pre-snipped before entering the shelter system.

Of course the problem with feral colonies is that all it would take is a couple of stupid teenagers with a bottle of lighter fluid and 20 minutes to undo all that hard work. And then its back to dumb ‘smarties’ stomping on poopie babies and squirting crap everywhere again. El sigh.

I wonder how Fixer would handle a feral ‘smarty’ that was more hopelessly stupid and ineffective than hellgremlin. I’m thinking of the smarty from one of Swindle’s old stories, the one that had the four ‘Stooges’ following him around and laughing at him every time he got kicked out of some old lady’s yard. He can sure fix a fluffy in any way imaginable surgically, but can he fix dumb?

2 Likes

and they keep their speschuw wumps!

gritting of teeth intensifies :laughing:

3 Likes

Fixer: “if i do this they wont have babys but they can keep their balls :D”
Foxhoarder:

6 Likes

Hey, Fixer can spend his time however he likes. I’m just saying it doesn’t scale well, so if he wants to expand the project, it needs to be simplified. If it’s just his personal hobby, that’s not an issue.

1 Like

Smarty: “dis am smawty wand now!”
Human: “ok”
Toughie: “yay, smawty did it! what now?”

Smarty:
dunno

5 Likes

I went on a whole paragraph on why fixer wasn’t doing them any favors but no one reallly wants health facts.

2 Likes

Keep in mind, periodic culls or outright extermination campaigns are the ‘traditional’ methods of dealing with feral fluffies. Fixer is deliberately rejecting these methods. I’d be interested to hear what you have in mind as a healthy way to limit feral population that doesn’t involve killing any fluffies.

2 Likes

Well just the full snip snip,(partial can reverse by itself and can cause heath problems) and limiting the gene pool for ferals. Spaying and neutering of all fluffy sold even from private breeders. Making spay and neutering free. Abusers and dumb kid would bring them in just to fuck with them. Problem would fix itself.

1 Like

If you notice, Fixer dont spay the babys, so they can grow and have their own families in the future while the current one cant (and he does the full snip of the tubes, those are not reversible, plus fluffy healing speeds would probly not cause issues considering they can live healthy without all legs and such)

2 Likes

Connections can regrow even if you cut though tube. They have to be fully removed to prevent that from happening. Plus leaving them in for some reason increases the chances of reproductive disease especially in animals that have litters. I read alot.

2 Likes

Oh, and fully cutting them and leaving them would cut off blood flow.

1 Like

sorry im no biologist X~X’ or medical student to know the specifics lol
But i like to imagine whatever Fixer does to neuter them is a healthy way that keeps the balls/dont hurt them in the long run x~x’’ maybe its not necessarily vasectomys i dunno DX lol

Most spays don’t involve removing anything, for the most part. Neuters (in dogs primarily) on the other hand common remove the testicles entirely not because of the dangers of untying or “reconnecting” but because testicles in dogs are a ticking timebomb of cancer. In veterinary circles they are literally called timebombs.

Considering fluffies don’t really display a high risk of cancers, maybe one benefit to their frankenstein DNA, then there is no reason cutting and sealing the vas deferens would have any significant health concern over removal.

1 Like

*I’ve been directly apart of 100+ combined spay and neuters assisting in the surgeries, mostly in dogs and cats.

**Neuters in cats is so quick and relatively easy that they aren’t even fully put under (intubated) most of the time.

1 Like

With the mix and match DNA its unknown what it would do.

2 Likes

booperverse happens 15 or so years after cleveland. id imagine by this time there woiuld have been enough research on fluffy anatomy and physiology to know what would happen

1 Like

Plus you’ve got cyberpunk handwavium to lean on

3 Likes

that too! lol

2 Likes