Too Many Tags

I realize I said that I wished people would abuse the hell out of the tagging system.
Well, people have.
The pendulum has swung too far in that direction and it’s time to rein it back in.
We’ve got entirely too many single-use tags, and it’s taking forever for the tag list to load. So the creation of new tags has been temporarily restricted.

Remember when making tags that our system is not like any Booru system because we have a tag menu. Therefore we need to have rather generic tags that can apply to multiple posts. So we can’t have tags for

• Your specific comic
  • Your artist name
  • The names of your characters
  • lolrandum funnyness
  • new tags that could easily be covered by other existing tags

All of these things can be mentioned in the title line and found with a simple search.
I realize that I have made mistakes in this respect and I will be correcting them as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

26 Likes

Ok, sounds good :grin:

2 Likes

good move

6 Likes

GET THE TAG SUCCER

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been noticing that people have been creating new tags that are the same as old ones, but sometimes misspelt or with a hyphen instead of a space. I’m all for having more tags but I feel like it’s counter intuitive when there are three of the same tag.

3 Likes

Virgil, buried under tags: “when I said ‘abuse the tagging system’, this isn’t what I meant”

8 Likes

the release of dopamine occurred on the word “abuse” and the brain considered that it was not necessary to listen further

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s one of those “Careful what you wish for” situations.

4 Likes

Can you please elaborate further? Mostly the second point

1 Like

I like the system of pre-selected tags. It prevents me from overthinking.

1 Like

As always, he is here to lead us through hell; to quench the fires of excessive and erroneous tags and carve a walkway toward a balanced site.

2 Likes