Turning A New Leaf (Ace)

Leaf Learns A New Sound Follow-up to this

Art was commissioned from @FederalChemical1728 check out his stuff!

+++++++++++++++++

Leaf lived a horrible life. It was one of loneliness, neglect, not being able to understand simple things. Her mummah had done a lot to teach her basic concepts and keep her loved but now she wasn’t here in the closet. There were no more happy things here. Most of her days were spent simply eating kibble off the floor and making poopies. Every night, another fluffy was let into the closet. He wasn’t nice like her mummah. He always gave her the wowstest huwties and she couldn’t do anything about it but try and make sounds. She only knew three: A happy ‘eeeeeeee!’, a rude raspberry she could blow using her tongue, or the scream. The scream was the only way she knew to let her mummah know that she was hurt and needed her for huggies.

Mummah never came back to the room though. Leaf couldn’t cuddle on her or hear the mummah song. She knew Hole was still in the house, though. Outside the stinking depravity of the closet was the saferoom and she could hear her mother playing and having fun. Didn’t she know that she was in here still?

Things were getting more and more difficult now, anyways. She was becoming heavier and it was getting difficult to move around. Eating more of the kibble on the floor, pushing trash together to form a nest just as her own mummah had done. She was pregnant, though she didn’t really know that. Or what it meant. The derpy mare simply continued on with her life, enduring her nightly abuse and laying around in the nest until one day it happened. Some of the worst pain she’d ever felt, and that was saying a lot considering what Brash did to her on a regular basis. The mare huffed, laid in her little trash nest, clenched her eyes shut and shrieked. She felt a rush of warm liquid, the feeling as if a great pressure had been let off of her, felt shame about maybe making bad poopies. But…she heard chirping. Peeps and cheeps! Those weren’t poopies. She didn’t exactly know what they were but she was sure they were special. Important. Moving to look, she got a look at what was making all the noise.

Four little babbehs, each chirruping and blindly struggling against the ground. Instinct took over and Leaf leaned down to lap her tongue at the babbehs, giving them wicky-cweanies and making them pretty. The sounds they made were so happy that it made her happy, too.

“Eeeeeeee! EEEEEEE!” She cried out to them, flopping down to let them nurse at her. One blue colt, a yellow filly, and an orange filly. It was a small litter which was good. It wasn’t like she was best equipped to deal with a ton of them. She couldn’t sing the mummah song…it was there in her brain but when attempting to vocalize it, nothing came out. Instead she simply cooed to them. It was a new sound, the fourth she could make. One born out of pure love and having to make do. It wasn’t as good as the song all other mares could sing to their children but maybe her little chirpies could feel the adoration she poured into it.

This was the happiest Leaf had ever been since mummah had left the closet. Yet happiness around here couldn’t left. Not when you were a fluffy in the stinky little prison. As she was minding her foals and giving them lickies to keep them pretty, the door was flung open. There was munstah daddeh and Brash, the fluffy snorting out angrily.

“Daddeh, dewe am stinkeh wittew babbehs. Hae’chu babbehs! WAN ENFIES!” He stomped forward, munstah daddeh going to inspect Leaf and her babbehs. Bending down, he inspected each of them and finally selected the orange one. Keeping the little poof of fluff clutched in his palm.

“If you hate them so much, do something about it, dude.” Daddeh said, stroking an index finger over the chirpy in his hand. Brash went forward, rearing up to bring his hooves down on the chirpies.

“Hab fowebbah sweepies, dummehs!” He yelled out, but Leaf sprang up to meet him. She had a malformed leg and couldn’t stand properly, but she went to defend her foals. Feeling the hooves slam down on her, she gave a fierce ‘PBBFFTTT!’ with her tongue and rammed herself against Brash. The stallion was shocked, sent down with a tumble into a pile of garbage. He apparently didn’t know that mares could show some backbone when their babies were threatened. Daddeh rolled his eyes, bending down to grab Leaf by her scruff of mane and pin her to the floor.

“You’re a pussy, man. Well, hurry up and get it done with.” Daddeh told Brash, the stallion springing up from the trash pile he’d been knocked down in. Leaf had to watch in horror as he pranced over to her two little babbehs. The most beautiful things she had seen in life. The new mummah gave her best coos so that they could feel her love, but love didn’t account for much when Brash’s hooves slapped down on them and made them pop like milk filled balloons. They were nothing more than scraps of fur and streaks of gore after he was finished, and she just squeezed her eyes shut. She didn’t want to see that. It was too horrible.

“Alright, Brash. Have fun with this dipshit. And Leaf? You hurt him again, I’ll come back in have with pliers and yank all your teeth out.” Daddeh told her before shoving her down, but Leaf didn’t want to fight. All thoughts of pushing back had left her mind. Any hopes had been flattened like her children on the floor. Brash was left to enjoy the mare, and she didn’t even scream like usual. What was the point?

Meanwhile, daddeh had left the closet and brought the little orange chirpy out to Hole. Hole was busy watching FluffTV, the baby being deposited at her side.

“Here you go, retard.” Her daddeh said, the mare turning to see the wonderful little gift. “Have a baby.”

This was such an unexpected gift! Hole was still full of miwkies and love to give babbehs that had been taken away from her, and she didn’t once question why or from where this little foal had come from. Instead she got right down on the floor and offered her teats to the little orange chirpy, the foal pushing over to suckle gleefully from the miwkies.

“Mummah wubs babbeh…babbehs wubs mummah…” Hole sang to the foal, a song her real mother could never produce. It was the start of what would be a strong tie between the two.

Time passed and Hole had raised the foal excellently. Daddeh had named the filly Starburst, and that was fine with the mare. It was a pretty name and daddeh even treated her nicely, too. The two of them played in the saferoom, pushing around a ball or stacking blocks together. They were inseparable and the foal tagged behind her surrogate mother like a shadow. One day, daddeh had scooped up Starburst and made his way over to the closet. Hole tip-tapped after him in a hurry, looking concerned.

“Stawbuwst babbeh nu wan meanie pwace! Dat am bad pwace! Nu am ‘fo gud babbeh!” She said worryingly, but daddeh opened the door and pushed Starburst in there. The talkie-babbeh didn’t know what was going on. All she knew was how stinky and not pretty it was.

Leaf looked at her foal. That was her babbeh! She knew it had to be. It smelled like her babbeh. Though they hadn’t seen one another since the day she was born, Leaf’s heart filled with happies. Her little baby was here! It was her!

“Eeeeeee! EEEEEEEEEEE!” The green mare tea-kettled with happiness, advancing on Starburst. Shaking her head, the filly backed up toward the door.

“N-Nu…munstah! Dewe am munstah! Mummah hewp! MUMMAH DEWE AM MUNSTAH!” Turning, Starburst began to beat her little hooves against the door. Leaf looked on in confusion. A munstah? And mummah? She was mummah.

“….Pbbffttt?” Leaf tried to be silly by blapping her tongue out. Starburst squealed and began to cry. A basically non-verbal fluffy was a lot for a little foal to take in. Especially in this environment. Daddeh opened the door, Starburst rushing out and hugging against Hole.

Hole glared over to the mare who had caused her little Starburst to cry. Marched over to the still open closet. “Yew am WOWSTEST MUNSTAH ‘fo gibbin’ babbeh saddies! Take hoovies!” Leaf watched up as her own mother reared up on her back legs then descended down, bringing hooves down on her. The mare screeched, retreated further back in her closet. Scrabbled under a pile of garbage. Hole stood at the entrance of the closet and huffed.

“Yew neba gib babbeh saddies again ‘oh yew hab FOWEBBA SWEEPIES!” Hole went back to Starburst, giving the filly licks to reassure her. Leaf sat under her pile of garbage and sobbed. Mummah didn’t love her? Babbeh didn’t love her? She was doing her best but they both hated her. She wasn’t a munstah. Was she?

More time passed. Hole and Starburst were practically grafted at one another’s sides by now. Starburst had grown from a filly into a fully grown fluffy but that didn’t stop her from being mummah’s best friend. The two fluffies scampered throughout the saferoom and giggled happily, playing with toys and chasing one another. It was a perfect life full of skettis, toysies, and warm nests to cuddle up in.

Yet there would be a wildcard in this relationship. Leaf. The derpy mare had been deteriorating, being covered in poopies and sores. Ever since her child had rejected her, she didn’t did much of anything to try and keep herself proper. What was the point? There wasn’t one. Everyone hated her. There was no point in anything. Making happy ‘eeeeees!’ had long been lost. Even screeching as Brash raped her was a lost thing. There wasn’t a point to scream out. It was best to just lay in poopies and stare at the wall.

One day, daddeh took ahold of Starburst and led her to the closet. The mare screeched, remembering the last time she had been led off there. “Nu wan munstah woom! Hae’chu, munstah!” She told the closet door, shaking and giving scaredy-peepees when being faced with the prospect of entering it again. Hole followed behind, trailing her precious ‘child’.

“Daddeh! Dat am bad woom! Pwease nu put babbeh in dewe!” She begged, and he’d fling open the door. Push Starburst in to see her wretched mess of a mother. A creature which had never been given much in the way of kindness or consideration. Leaf lifted her head up, eyes bleary and dull. Living in poopies had given her see-places all sorts of sickies. It was hard to identify her child by sight alone. She knew that smell, though. That was her babbeh. One of the only pretty things she had seen in her whole life.

“Alright Leaf, you little retard. Starburst has been living high on the hog but I’ll give you a choice. Just like your own mom did, you can leave this room. Go out there and enjoy skettis, toys, a warm bed. No more poopies. You can let Starburst take your place.” Daddeh placed a hand on Starburst, keeping her in place. The now fully grown mare wept. She didn’t want this place!

“Hae’chu, munstah! Bad munstah! Stinkeh ‘n bad!” The orange mare spit out at her true mummah. Leaf looked up with bleary eyes. Her own mummah, Hole, stood beside HER child. Glaring at the derpy mare. Trembling, Leaf let out a happy coo before turning away to face the wall. Her daddeh stepped forward, angrily pointing to the door.

“Listen to me, dipshit! You can leave this fuckin’ place! You can have the best life ever!” Leaf didn’t pay him any mind though. Instead, she kept cooing.

“…Fine, enjoy your time in here.”

Leaf didn’t want her babbeh to be in the closet. No matter what, she loved her babbeh. Mummah had given her this place, but she wasn’t going to do the same to her foal. Starburst hated her, but she didn’t want to be out there. Not if it meant that the little chirpy she had nursed for so little a time would have to be in here. It was best to just take it.

What noise could she make to express grief over sending Starburst in here? She didn’t want to imagine. It hurt to think about. It gave her the worst heart-saddies. Even if the orange mare hated her, she loved her so much. So she would be here with the poopies, the abuse from Brash, and listen as the one she loved so much frolicked and played right outside the door which kept her locked in here. Daddeh was mad about it. He was very angry that Starburst wasn’t in here. Yet even after he stopped dumping kibble into the room, Leaf nummed poopies. She would hold on as long as she could. Her babbeh was the most important thing ever.

63 Likes

Glad to see Leaf is a better mother than Hole.

14 Likes

Love the noble, self sacrificing fluffy trope. But I’m a sucker for quiet defiance like that.

10 Likes

Damn :confused:

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for it too because I know it won’t end well

5 Likes

I don’t care if leaf dies at this point, it’s kinda like making the guy from Johnny get your gun live, I just want the others to die. Dad seems rich, the irs can get him. Stupid incest stallion can get stomped or raped I don’t care. Starburst didn’t really do anything but it’d be nice to get her some suffering just cause. And hole has gotta get the worst of it all.

2 Likes

Sure, lemme just give myself a lobotomy and I’ll get right on that.

7 Likes

hubiera estado igual bastante bien devolver a hole y sacar a leaf ,hole sabiendo que su acto egoista se le regresoc y leaf no pudiendo disfrutsrlo por que la potra la culparian del destino de su “madre”/ it would have been just as well to return hole and take leaf out, hole knowing that her selfish act would be returned to her and leaf not being able to enjoy it because the filly would be blamed for her "mother’s"fate.

igual el estado de salud de leaf esta muy mal,no creo que dure mucho y al fin y a cabo,el armario jamas se quedara vacio./I don’t think leaf’s state of health is very bad, I don’t think it will last long, and after all, the cupboard will never be empty.

2 Likes

Usually I would try to find some way to make some sort of logic hold to an approximation of a happy outcome for Leaf.

But in this case? That would be ruining perfection.

Leaf is potentiality the product of incest. Derped, nonverbal, living in filth and abandoned by her mother and rejected by her own child.

She could’ve been selfish. But she didn’t. She displays depth of love and compassion.

Will it keep Starbust out forever? Probably not. But she still does it.

In the end it’s meaningless defiance but in the moment it’s self sacrifice as an act of love and defiance.

@Ace , take a bow because this was fucking exceptionally well done and you have already done some extremely good stuff.

9 Likes

eso es oscuridad, desolació!

Bruh that is bleak AF.

1 Like

5 bucks says Leaf dies and dad gives Hole the same choice with her granddaughter.

5 Likes

Appears I was wrong, I thought Leaf would be too derped to understand the choice between her freedom and her daughter’s captivity.

Turns out her simplistic mind was even more caring for having nothing go beyond the fact that babbehs mean everything to her. It’s actually quite tragic in a way

I do hope there’s a third chapter where Starburst realises who Leaf is. And I hope it’s Hole who let’s the truth slip out

6 Likes

Aww, well done Leaf! What a sweet and selfless fluffy.

Now tie her up and throw Starburst in there with her anyway

oh im gonna cry- i wana hug leaf so so bad, she’s such a good mom- i love her oh the poor thing
Wonderful sadbox ce, my hands are trembling from it. well done.

3 Likes

A derpy derpy showed true love among these shitrats, I admit that he won his well-deserved eternal rest, but let’s see how long Hole and Starburts’ happiness will last.

4 Likes

crying-crying-man

2 Likes

Eh, fuck Leaf. Wait, Brash already done that…

Jokes aside, I love how Hole is due to self preservation more. Is there by chance more to Brash’s story? The cruel Stallion, I just like this guy for it.

Honestly I wonder why the guy even bothers with Brash- he clearly thought pretty poorly of him for losing the initial fight with his own mentally challenged daughter. He’s pretty obviously about at the point of snapping because his current abuse victim didn’t play according to the script, since he’s started to try to starve Leaf to death. I’m going to go with Brash pushing his buttons too hard ( or possibly losing to Hole or Starburst when he attempts to rape one or the other of them when Leaf finally dies ) and then Brash gets to live forever in the closet with only Leaf’s corpse for nourishment ( since she ate all the poopies in there prior to her own death ).

1 Like