Unique Fluffy Breed Ideas

I got 10 ideas for unique Fluffy breeds/species that I became inspired to create after seeing “spin off” Fluffies like Aqua Fluffies and Mummah Surprise which is essentially the idea behind these breeds, uniquely bred to appeal to certain tastes or toy archetypes. Please tell me what you think and I wholeheartedly welcome any art or texts based on them if my ideas are interesting enough to inspire such things.

Long Fluffies: Fluffies possessing long, serpentine bodies with stubby legs. Averaging a length of four feet long from snout to bottom fully grown, these Fluffies love to give huggies by wrapping their long bodies around loved ones such as an owner’s arms. These Fluffies tend to accidentally tie themselves in knots or get tangled up in things when left unsupervised, Long Fluffies accidentally getting tangled in one another after snuggling is common too. There are Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus and Alicorn breeds. Their comically long bodies aside, Long Fluffies are biologically identical to regular Fluffies, they’re just longer but they do have a tendency to slur their S’s in a hissing manner. “Sssssally isss bessssstessst fwuffie evah, mummeh ssssayss sssso!”

Gooey Fluffies: Essentially giant, single-celled organisms, these Fluffies possesses gelatinous bodies made of mesoglea (the same stuff jellyfish are made of) that make them resemble living gummy versions of Fluffies with no visible organs or bone structures. Gooey Fluffies are sticky to the touch and are very malleable as they can be stretched and deformed to one’s liking but they will always return to their former shape seconds after playing with them. Gooey Fluffies do not feel pain in the traditional sense but are very sensitive to extreme climates and don’t do so well in temperatures below forty or over sixty five degrees, being exposed to these climates for too long will cause them to melt or freeze solid respectively, most likely resulting in death or permanent deformities at best, keeping them in room temperature climates at all times is highly recommended to ensure their health and safety. Gooey Fluffies also really dislike things sticking to their bodies for too long and liken losing their stickiness over time as their equivalent of not “smelling pretty”. Gooey Fluffies reproduce through mitosis, resulting in two specimens that identify the other more as siblings rather than as parent and child like with Fluffies that reproduce sexually. These Fluffies were created to cash-in on the slime craze.

Dragon Fluffies: Hailing from HasBio’s Chinese division and officially called Qilin Fluffies over there, Dragon Fluffies possess traits and qualities reminiscent of dragons, these being small, draconic wings, reptilian tails, snake-like eyes and curled, blunt horns. Unlike regular Fluffies who have very sensitive palates, Dragon Fluffies LOVE spicy food, eating spicy food also causes a chemical reaction in a Dragon Fluffy’s body that causes them to change color and breath plumes of colorful, fire-colored smoke that Dragon Fluffies truly believe to be real “fire breath”. Dragon Fluffies naturally feel very special when they enter their “Dragon Mode” and almost always want to be in said state. Special Red Hots-styled candies called “Dragon Rocks” and a super spicy variety of sketties were both released alongside Dragon Fluffies to advertise their gimmick. For those who don’t get the reference, the Qilin is a mythical creature from Chinese folklore taking the form of a chimeric mix of a dragon and a horse.

Treasure Fluffies: Also known as Shiny Fluffies, Treasure Fluffies are designed to have sparkly, glitter covered bodies and be themed around precious metals and gems, possessing hooves and other limbs such as horns actually made out of said materials depending on the Fluffy in question. There are Silver, Gold and Platinum Fluffies as well as about a dozen different Gem Fluffies ranging from Ruby to Diamond varieties. Very expensive Fluffies made specifically for the rich elite that can afford them. These Fluffies tend to have very “hoity toity” personalities and are very high maintenance, requiring constant grooming to keep their shiny quality and they become highly distressed when they lose their shine. Sadly, Treasure Fluffy poaching is very common due to their high value, their hooves and horns being cut off and sold due to being made of precious materials is also common, these aspects are another thing Treasure Fluffies are very proud of and losing them could easily result in a “wan die” cycle.

Flutter Fluffies: Fluffies that are crossbred with butterfly or moth DNA depending on the breed, giving them the wings and antenna of butterflies/moths and big bug-like eyes that come in a variety of colors. Flutter Fluffies are another example of high-class designer Fluffies, their big, beautiful wings that come in a very wide variety of colors and patterns depending on the breed (Monarch, Blue Morpho, Glass Wing and much, much more!) making them a very attractive breed to own, show off and collect. A Flutter Fluffy’s wings are as delicate as they are beautiful so gentle handling of this breed is crucial to keep their wings in good shape and Flutter Fluffies LOVE their wings, even minimal damage sustained to them can cause them to spiral into a depression. Flutter Fluffies cannot digest solid foods, their diets consisting solely of liquids and fluids such as fruit/vegetable juices, honey, syrups etc. Moth Flutter Fluffies are typically nocturnal but they love bright lights, especially the oh-so coveted LAMP. Despite the size of their wings, Flutter Fluffies cannot fly, their dainty wings being incapable of lifting their fat little bodies.

Ballin’ Fluffies: These Fluffies are crossbred with Armadillo DNA, giving them fairly durable hides that are engineered to possess colors and patterns reminiscent of different kinds of sports balls such as basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs whatever but there are many breeds with very unique patterns depending on the context of their release such as having stars, stripes or even corporate logos for cross promotions. Ballin’ Fluffies are designed to essentially be living balls, resembling a ball once rolled up in their hide, said hides are rubbery in consistency and possess shock absorbing qualities that allow them to feel no pain while children kick them around, throw them or bounce/dribble them, said actions actually causing a tickling sensation instead of pain or discomfort and Ballin’ Fluffies love, love, LOVE to play, having personalities akin to extreme sports athletes but with the mentalities of four year olds. However, their hides are only designed for children to play with them, if a full grown adult were to kick a Ballin’ Fluffy, it could cause significant damage to their hide, resulting in great pain and distress.

“Magic” Color Change Fluffies: These Fluffies come in the Core Four breeds typical of most Fluffy species but are pure white in coloration until they eat special candies that released alongside them called “Magic Color Berries”, eating a particular color berry will cause a Color Change Fluffy to change color in accordance to the “berry” eaten, some will also bestow unique patterns and color palettes such as rainbow and “Starry Night”. It is not recommended that any other breed of Fluffy ingests Magic color berries as the insane amount of dyes contained in them can cause toxic shock to non-color changing breeds. Color Change versions of Aqua Fluffies were released some time after, these change color after touching water and each one has their own unique coloration that vary in rarity, acting as a “Mystery Bag” kind of Fluffy as a result. Color Change Fluffies will keep their colors for about two hours after acquiring them until they start to fade.

Nighty-Night Fluffies: These sleepy lil dreamers are designed to be both living pillows and night lights, possessing the ability of bio-luminescence that allows their bellies and star/moon-shaped spots to glow a comforting light to help children sleep at night (Unicorn Nighty-Nights possessing glowing horns as well), their extra, extra soft and hypoallergenic bodies making them ideal for snuggling up close with them as the ultimate nighttime companions. Other Fluffy breeds tend to dislike Nighty-Nighty Fluffies quite a bit as their superior huggy giving physiology ignites great feelings of jealousy and envy in other breeds, Fluffies do pride themselves in their ability to give “huggies and wuv” after all and Nighty-Night Fluffies are no exception. Interestingly, Nighty-Night Fluffies are one of the few Fluffy species that aren’t too bothered by being pillowed as it just gives them a good excuse to sleep in more.

Sweetie Fluffies: A line of Scented Fluffies with candy and dessert themed colors, patterns and traits, there are Sweetie Fluffies for all occasions and “tastes”, everything from tricolored Sweeties with braided manes and tails resembling sour gummy worms to Pumpkin Pie Sweeties for the autumn season. Sweetie Fluffies take great pride in their sweet scents but they fade over time, which they liken to not smelling pretty so it’s important to support Sweeties in those trying times. Sweetie Fluffies love being decorated like the living desserts they are such as with Birthday Cake Sweeties being decorated with candles and sprinkles and they are very photogenic as well, making them a hit on websites like Instagram. A companion line was released soon after called the Savory Fluffies designed to smell like and resemble savory fair such as pizza or croissants. Interestingly, Sweetie and Savory Fluffies possess strong cravings for the foods they are themed after, Oreo Sweeties can’t help but sneak a few if they get the chance to for example.

Giant Fluffies: As their names imply, Giant Fluffies are the biggest breed of Fluffies on the market, being around the size of an actual miniature horse fully grown, making them large enough for children in the age range of six to eleven to actually ride on their backs, which is their main draw aside from their size and they are hardwired to love giving others “fwuffy wides”. Giant Fluffies are designed to be gentle giants so that their size wouldn’t result in any injury towards children or smaller Fluffies, having a level of intelligence comparable to one of HasBio’s most successful products, the Forever Foals and being big pushovers overall, a tiny, average sized fluffy being capable of easily persuading a Giant Fluffy into doing practically anything as long as no one gets hurts. Giant Fluffies tend to speak in a slow, husky drawl (think a slightly higher pitch version of Goliath’s voice from Davy & Goliath). Giant Fluffies have ravenous appetites befitting of their generous size and they are quite easily persuaded by food. Giant Fluffies are another example of a high end breed that tends to be quite expensive and they have lots of different accessories tailored to them such as designer saddles.

6 Likes

This should go in Community Posts, as Text Self-Posting is for stories. You should also put your name in the title.

As for the ideas… meh, they’re okay but feel generally uninspired.

5 Likes

<3

1 Like

Good try :+1:t2:. You’re a better writer than most.

Every single noob tries to reinvent fluffies and somehow every single noob comes up with the same ideas. None of these are character concepts that are terribly unique.

A good motto to have is “show, don’t tell.” Maybe instead of info dumping a dense block of text, you write a story? Pick one of these, and tell a story about how it interacts with nature, or a proper fluffy pony?

8 Likes

If it’s a community post - not necessary

2 Likes

It originally wasn’t, granted it should’ve been

3 Likes

Ballin fluffies would be an interesting take on bowl fluffs that ended up in arid environments.

Welcome. What some others have said, take one of the ideas and run with it. You can obviously organize your thoughts well.

Critiques: gimmick fluffies in stories dont get as much positive reception, art is more forgiving.

I’m of the opinion people should try their hands at regular fluffies before branching out to things like this just to get a good feel for writing fluffies.

2 Likes

I like your ideas, but some of them exist already! If I go over each …

Long Fluffies: I don’t think these exist as a sub-species, but super-long fluffies have been depicted in weirdbox content, and it’s funnier if their length isn’t limited. Either way, I imagine they’re better off as a weirdbox thing. I also imagine people wearing them as scarves. Ethical fur scarves.
Gooey Fluffies: Surprisingly, Swiftbitches made something similar to this - slime fluffies! I don’t think they ever caught on though.
Dragon Fluffies: These have been attempted by multiple users on multiple occasions. None have caught on yet though.
Treasure Fluffies: I’m pretty sure I’ve seen sparkly fluffies around, but none that actually have gemstones and precious metals. This has potential, as I imagine a fluffy that has literal gemstones could get into some huge trouble due to its value!
Flutter Fluffies: These are already a thing. Flutterfluffs are butterfly-sized fluffies with butterfly wings that are actually able to fly around! They’re a fairly obscure subspecies, so I don’t blame you for missing them.
Ballin’ Fluffies: Haven’t seen anything like these! They could work, so long as their designs don’t veer into “actual armadillo” territory.
Color Change Fluffies: I haven’t seen these either! I like this idea. I want to imagine they adopt the color of anything they eat though, so they’re always looking for food of a certain color and can starve themselves by refusing to eat yucky-colored foods like kibble, or hide away in shame until their new “bad color” goes away again.
Nighty-Night Fluffies: These guys sound cute, but a bit pointless. Could make for some cute hugbox art, especially if used as a fluffy’s night-light, but not sure they’d catch on.
Sweetie Fluffies: Funnily enough, scented fluffies have been suggested on multiple occasions too. It’s still an underdeveloped idea though.
Giant Fluffies: These exist! The XXL Fluffies are also extra-big, though I haven’t read enough about them to know if anyone’s actually ridden one like a horse. These Giants sound like a mix of Enlarge/Ride-On fluffies and fluffaloes.

3 Likes

My first thought when I first saw “ballin’ fluffies”
IMG_1387

5 Likes

Yeah, I had no doubt that most of my ideas would’ve been done already to some capacity at some point but I wanted to make sure that I added my own unique spin to them as well as go deeper into aspects like their personalities, diets, life cycle etc. I actually am planning to do just that as well as add some other ideas I have. I might give each one their own posts entirely, sort’ve like a bio in the perspective of a Wikipedia article or something that would read like on an official HasBio website advertising them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Long Fluffies being like Long Furbies would be really fun! I love Long Furbies so damn much.

1 Like