Various Fluffy-like Toys in Real Life -- RQ

If you didn’t know, I’m a lady, born and raised. So that means I was exposed to a lot of dumb pink bullshit in the 80s and 90s. In a way, those old cutesy toys and cartoons (not just MLP, but more than that) are the basis for fluffies as a product in-universe and a writing concept IRL. Fluffies are a twisted nightmare of consumerism in that regard. But the cutesy horse toys still continue today, and there’s more fluffy-ish unicorn pony crap out there than ever. Sometimes LITERALLY.

Fluffybooru ID 52573

Fluffybooru ID 40361

148 Likes

These are brilliant lol :heart:

5 Likes

Oh Lord, l remember these.

3 Likes

For two days Oculus has been stating his case for why he loves fluffies.

If there is ever another time when I have to explain why I’m 100% abuse, I’ll just link him this infuriating shit.

14 Likes

Not gonna lie, the image looked like the dick/balls of the first one was a wall socket and i thought they had be surgically altered into a plugin. ~Chuckle~

2 Likes

you are officially banned from your local toy store

10 Likes

What in the fuck is this video?! Why was this made?!

5 Likes
//////

yes, that’s his reaction to this exact toy

4 Likes

RQ you are both responsible for my first knowledge of Pupcorn then and for renewing it in me now. I could have forgotten it in the intervening years. Forgotten it forever. That was something you denied me.

2 Likes

I thought of making a cartoon from this toy, but I couldn’t think of anything because it’s already terrible enough. There’s nothing I can add to make this any more horrible.

3 Likes

True, but I must confess that I LOVED some of this cute shit. I especially loved Popples as a little girl. 'Memba Popples?

3 Likes

Omfg I can still hear the sound of the Squinkies commercials. Squishy squishy squashy… SQUINKIES…!!! :grimacing:

Yyyyeah, there are so many things where it’s clear they tried so hard to make them “cute”, especially “GIRLLL…!!!” toys, that it ends up not being cute because it often becomes visually so sickly-sweet you can practically smell the marketing. It’s gotten to a point where a lot of this stuff is straight up creepy. xD … which means it’s enjoyable, but in a ironic way.

There’s the colorful crap, then the colorful crapwhen something is colored so awfully (and caked with glitter as if that will redeem anything) that my artist brain can’t focus on anything aside from the disrespect of color hues. Then it’s another level of ‘thanks-I-hate-it’.

2 Likes

We rep Care Bear Gang here

Elaborate hand gesture gang sign

4 Likes

Of all the fucked up shit I’ve seen on this site and the booru, Poopsie Slime Surprise is the worst. What the Fuck

3 Likes

I work in a dept store and there’s a whole line of shit themed toys, including a line called unicorn poop. it’s like they’re trying to raise a generation of fecal-philiacs.

5 Likes

Shitty kid’s toys are a real great base for a lot of fluffy ideas

5 Likes

Squinkies just brought back a flood of memories I forgot I had

1 Like

Oh man I remember they had this shit (heh) all the way back in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and even in the single digits I thought this stuff was fucked up

Kinda like fluffies

2 Likes

I don’t get the whole “horses are for little girls” thing. Horses are badass. Knights rode horses. Cowboys rode horses. And unicorns are horses with big sharp horns, making them even more badass.