"Wait, it's ALL smarties?" Epilogue by NobodyAtAll

Part 4 (FINALE)

You open your see-places.

Then you realize you shouldn’t have see-places anymore, because you’ve gone forever sleepies.

In fact, there shouldn’t even be a you to realize this!

What’s going on? And why is everything so dark and purple-y?

You see the black blankie fluffy again. So you didn’t just imagine him.

He doesn’t look very pleased to see you. It takes you a few moments to understand why: the two of you aren’t alone.

The gawden is full of fluffies! It’s your smarty herd! They’re back! But why are they all pale and see-through? You look at your hoofsies. Why are you pale and see-through? And who are all those fluffies on the sorry sti–oh.

The puzzle pieces click together. So you all went forever sleepies. But you’re all still here. How? And who is the new fluffy? The only thing you can tell is that it would be a really bad idea to make him angry.

The black blankie fluffy, who by the way looks like he could really use some nummies, speaks up, drawing the herd’s attention like a magnet.

COWEW, BWIEF MOWTAWS. FWUFFY AM DA DEATH OF FWUFFIES.

That’s the deepest voice you’ve ever heard come out of a fluffy’s mouth. It seems to go straight to your brain.

NOWMAWWY, IT AM DEATH OF FWUFFIES’ SOWWEMN DUTY TU USHEW DED FWUFFIES INTU DA NEX WOWWD. BUT DA POWAHS DAT BE HAF TOWD DEATH OF FWUFFIES DAT DEWE AWE EX-TEN-YU-AY-TIN CIW-CUM-STANSIES.

You don’t understand the words, but you get the gist. Somehow.

YU AWE SET TU BE WEE-IN-CAW-NAY-TED.

The dead fluffies are all confused.

You speak up.

“Wut dat meen?”

IT MEEN DAT YU AWW AM GOWIN TU BE BOWN AGAIN.

Born again? You didn’t know that could happen! You thought when fluffies went forever sleepies, they were gone for good.

“Wai am smawties bein wee… um, wee-in…”

The Death of Fluffies interrupts your feeble attempt to pronounce the word “reincarnation”.

YU AM GETTIN ANUVVA CHAWNCE TU BE GUD FWUFFIES. YU WIWW NU WEMEMBEW YU PAST WIVES. PEWHAPS IN SWEEPY PICTUWES, YU GET A FAINT GWIMPSE OF WUT WUNS WAS.

You’re elated. You’re getting another chance!

BUT FIWST, MUS CUT DA THWEADS, OVVAWISE, YU AWW STUCK HEWE FOW WONG TIME.

The Bone Fluff stalks over to the spikes, holding a long sharp sorry stick in his teeth and muttering to himself.

IMPAWING AWN SPIKES? WEAWWY? he tut-tuts. DAS HOOMINS FOW YU.

He cuts the silvery threads that connect all of you to your former bodies. As each thread is cut, the ethereal fluffy it’s connected to fades away, presumably to be born again.

Once again, in the end, there’s just two to go: you, and your big grey friend.

Before the Death of Fluffies can cut your threads and send you off, you tell him to wait.

The Bone Fluff shrugs. MAKE IT QWICK. DEATH OF FWUFFIES NU HAF AWW BWITE TIME.

You turn to your gray friend.

“If fwuffies nu gun wemembew anyfing, Bwuebewwy jus wan say wun fing tu fwuffy.”

“Wut dat?”

“Fank yu. Fow bwingin Bwuebewwy tu smawty hewd. Fow bein Bwuebewwy fwend. Sowwy smawty hewd ai-dee-yuh nu wowk out. Bwuebewwy hope fwuffies meet again in nex wife.”

Your grey friend smiles, nods, and you share one last ghostly hug. You can’t feel the warm feeling of hugs anymore, but if you try hard enough, you can think it.

You both turn to the Death of Fluffies.

“Du it.”

He swings the sharp thing, the threads are cut, and the rest is darkness. And warmth.

44 Likes

thats a nice ending, thank you

7 Likes

It’s not exactly the ending, though. Blueberry’s story is continued in “The Bone Fluff”.

5 Likes

Nice love how each story you did have links to your other stories , nicely done.

3 Likes

I drew a lot of influence from jimmyhopkins’ Subverted Expectations, the way the abuse protagonist and hugbox protagonist are constantly running into each other and subtly influencing each other, but never actually interacting. I especially like creating a contrast between Chris and Calvin. Notice how Chris constantly calls Judy hot, but Calvin calls Judy beautiful.

5 Likes

Neat reference to the silver chords there :heart:

3 Likes

That ain’t the only Discworld reference. I think, if I add any more Discworld references, I might as well just change my legal name to Terry Pratchett.

2 Likes

tbh I’m unfamiliar with Discworld(I hear good things)
My primary knowledge comes from books on metaphysics and the astral plane.
not a believer in such things but I find books and artwork on metaphysics, alchemy, and the like infinitely fascinating

2 Likes

Well, if you have the time, read those too. I’m a fast reader myself, and I got through them in no time.

Stay the hell away from the new TV show, though. It’s a terrible adaptation, so unfaithful to the original work that it can’t even be called an adaptation. Even Sir Terry’s daughter doesn’t approve of it, that should tell you everything you need to know!

But the older adaptations are all pretty damn good. I recommend the Soul Music animation, just for the songs. And fucking Christopher Lee as Death.

3 Likes

Sounds awesome.
And I do love me some Christopher Lee

2 Likes

I think they literally could not have found anyone better for the role.

2 Likes

A nice bite sized story that read quick and with a good satisfying ending. Looking forward to reading more.

1 Like

Yeah, this was when I was just getting started, I thought I’d start with something simple and mundane before I got serious.

My intention, from the very beginning, was “I don’t want to write just another hugbox/abuse story.” Everything else just sort of happened.

2 Likes

Mission accomplished I’d say.

2 Likes

Right? I mean, if people want a story about an average guy getting a fluffy and either abusing or hugboxing the fuck out of the (un)fortunate fluffball, there’s a zillion stories like that.

I wanted to do something different. I wanted to go deeper.

I hang a lot of lampshades, and I deconstruct and reconstruct a few fluffy tropes, too. I thought long and hard about what kind of person would genuinely enjoy abusing a creature as innocent and harmless as a fluffy.

It turns out, there’s a word for people like that:

Psychopaths.

If you thought impaling fluffies was bad enough, wait until you see what else this asshole gets up to.

2 Likes

i feel like some people could be not bad people and also do some stuff from some of these stories. like you find a little rapist fluffy that kills foals i wouldnt feel bad about stepping on its nuts

2 Likes

Exactly. Evil is evil, no matter what shape you are.

2 Likes

why the FUCK AM I CRYING- Nobody why do you do this to me? :nooo:

2 Likes

Hey, it’s the mark of a good writer to invoke strong emotions in the reader. That’s what telling stories is all about, no?

So I see this as a compliment! Sometimes, when I’m writing an emotional scene, I’m worried that I’m overdoing it. As I pointed out in the comments of “La Petite Mort”, if a scene is too sad, it becomes comical.

1 Like

Your righting is god damn ART, and my latest obsession as i try to read everything i can without losing my marbles.

2 Likes