What if peta hadn't released the fluffies? (Swiftbitches)

Obviously PETA releasing the unfinished fluffies is important to the fluffy universe, but what if they hadn’t. Fluffies might not have short stubby legs and the intelligence of a moldy wooden spoon. No more baby talk and uncontrolled shitting, they might even be gender less to keep up the toy like appearance.

Though of course with all these changes would they even be fluffies any more? The stroke inducing baby talk and brainless stupidity is simply part of their unique charm. Fluffies are fluffies and no one can change what they are deep down or deny the fact that they are so fun to hate and abuse and love.

70 Likes

One: I’ve been asking myself the same question for a couple months now. It wouldn’t be a fluffy but I’d love to see what it would be.

Two: lookit that plump little belly. I bet it feels like warm velvet. I wanna pet it…

15 Likes

Now there’s something I’d pay money for!

(Name, name!)

5 Likes

If peta didn’t release then than they weren’t fluffies but more like playhorses or something I guess.

7 Likes

Look at them haunches.

2 Likes

I mean fluffy or not seeing a living mlp thing in my backyard will still prompt me to scream bloody murder and go after it with an axe. :shrug:

4 Likes

I did my own take on the “what if no PETA incident” concept. But the end result wasn’t as drastically different from a regular fluffy as this was.

Still, I like seeing other people’s takes on the idea. Not sure how I feel about this take, though. It’s a bit creepy-looking, if I can be honest. I can’t explain why.

4 Likes

Same unless it’s based off an older gen. I hate MLP:FIM.

2 Likes

They would probably still look the same as they do now.
If I had to guess , I’d say they’es be more durable, and lack the genetics for smarty syndrome.

2 Likes

Well, trying to make a living breathing animal based off an extremely stylized cartoon is gonna leave some gaps

3 Likes

Yeah you have to somehow get it to look like the show without it dipping into uncanny valley

1 Like

I’ve got a race of living cartoon characters in my headcanon. With wacky toon physics powers and everything.

Imagine if fluffies were created with their DNA.

This is exactly what I’d imagine properly finished fluffies being like: Actual, real-life ponies.

2 Likes

@Oculusfluffy, was this sort of what you were saying?

2 Likes

I don’t find “finished” or “perfected” fluffies to be interesting at all.
If I did…I’d likely just watch MLP

3 Likes

It’s interesting as a what-if though, and OP did acknowledge that a lot of the appeal of fluffies is found within their flaws.

2 Likes

Yes, it was. And Nacho is referring to some discussions I’ve been having on Discord related to this topic.

On one hand, MLP does have talking ponies, but MLP doesn’t really have a master-slave relationship between humans and talking ponies. Thats the stuff you find in the fanfiction and fanart.

And now for the main points in the OP:

Actually, no. I ended up making a separate topic about this, but, and while it was a very popular hivecanon, a number of notable actually didn’t follow it: The Problem with Hivecanon (Opinion piece by Oculus)

Here’s the thing. If we’re talking about fluffies as “incomplete MLP”, then, yes, what you mentioned would be correct. If fluffies were incomplete MLP, like what your picture depicted, then indeed, a complete fluffy would be more in line with a “proper MLP replica”.

But here’s the thing - they already exist. They’re called Hassenfelds: Hasbio's Hassenfelds

/mlp/ had an entire series of threads and stories centered around Hasbio creating bio-engineered MLP pets for people to own. If we’re talking about a perfect fluffy as a MLP replica, Hassenfelds seem to fit it perfectly. But a key thing to remember about Hassenfelds is that they are “as MLP as possible”. Which brings me to my next point:

Here’s the thing - the design of fluffies have changed so much on the booru as the fandom became less MLP invovled, and started having more non-MLP artists, as well as a focus to a non-MLP design. Thus, even if you took a more intelligent wolfram, or a more intelligent shaferaraks, and give them fluffspeak, they still wouldn’t be an MLP. Lets take Greg, from Mutagen’s Postfluff. While Greg is a mutant, being an intelligent fluffy that speaks normally, one could argue that he is the “ideal” fluffy by virtue of his intelligence and ability to speak normal.

I would argue that Greg from Postfluff is still a fluffy, but it does become a question of whether Greg is a fluffy by being an exception to the rule of the larger setting, or if the unique design of Greg, separate form the MLP roots, makes him definitively a fluffy.

While we’re on that note:

One could argue that fluffies can still be fluffies without the excessive shitting and extremely low intelligence. I tend to prefer fluffies to have some minor intelligence while still being limited to fluffspeak.

Here’s a thing - how much of fluffspeak is baby talk, and how much of it is actually a complex language with rules? I feel that even something like how fluffies speak depends on canon. Its why I’ve been exploring the concept of fluffspeak as a unique language in my own set of stories.

I agree fluffys are fluffys

In my head canon, fluffies were more or less finished already before PETA released them. Fluffies were never designed to possess anything even remotely close to human intelligence and their gastrointestinal issues mostly arise from them not eating the specially engineered food.

I still think they’d be stumpy and fluffy, afterall if they weren’t they wouldn’t be called Fluffies. Probably just be smarter, with better bowel control and less sex addicted.

1 Like