Where's baby? - Part 3 (Final) Original story "Where's baby?" written by Virgil (skettiswipuh) --- translated by Larur --- Adaptation and Art: Inshi

I just want to say that I’m so proud of our community.
In so many other places (site names purposely unlisted) this conversation would have quickly devolved to a point of no return.

7 Likes

They probably had magic too, but Adam’s people were X-Positives under a different name. X-Positives are what Pierre named them when Phenomenon X was rediscovered in the modern day.

I was wondering how many people would figure out where Adam and Kushim were from before I spelled it out.

By the way, if you were wondering: the time stabilization tech in Adam’s armor burned out during the trip, just like Cal’s did. Which is why Adam couldn’t block Jack’s powers anymore.

Not all ancient technology from a lost civilization is automatically better than modern technology.

And I have to say that @jimmyhopkins suggested giving Jack time powers at exactly the right time. Jack actually ended up becoming pivotal to the story’s events.

Plus, it gave me a chance to put fucking Lu-Tze in my stories. Dunno if you’re a Discworld fan, A-S.

2 Likes

Patrick Bateman intensifies

2 Likes

Read my stories i need comments on my stories or else i will collapse in on myself and engulf the world

3 Likes

Right? If you were an outsider, you wouldn’t expect this level of civility and cooperation on a website about cartoon pig-horses being mutilated in various creative ways.

But of course, there’s that old saying about books and the covers thereof…

3 Likes

Eh, that asshole wasn’t exactly average. He was just good at faking average.

Which is how a lot of serial killers got away with it for so long. People who knew Ted Bundy thought he was just a charming young man. You know, before the murders came to light.

2 Likes

You’re conflating legality with morality.

Unless some supernatural force states it is objective fact that Fluffies mean nothing, then lying to authorities or allowing life to die a miserable death are moral judgements without objective truth.

Just as that universe has Hugboxers (the female owner) and Abusers (the parking lot wageslaves), so will there be Hugbox and Abuse perspectives with equal merit.

Regardless, my argument is they had the legal ability to do it, there was no indication the heat death was an intended outcome so they had the justification, and based on their attitudes I can pass a moral judgement on them being selfish and lazy which was the sole motivating factors in not doing so. This goes towards support of the Hugboxer, though I do not state that they are explicitly in the wrong here. An argument can be made in their defense as well from an in-universe perspective, as it is only from the omniscient view provided by the comic format that we see their intent was immoral due to being wholly self-concerned even if the actual action is not so cut and dry.

5 Likes

Will check it out then! I like this world, it has cats in it, I can’t let you engulf it.

2 Likes

say it again for the people in the back

2 Likes

No, I am not, but I am open to lots of stuff (hey, I ended up in a pig/pony hugs and slaughter fandom).

That explains a lot, by the way. It makes sense, different technologies are not automatically superior.

2 Likes

Right? But usually in fiction, people just assume that older = better.

They expect an ancient sword to have awesome magic powers, not to fall apart the moment you swing it.

Plus, we’ve already rediscovered things that were lost, and improved on them.

I thought Cal’s stabilizer burning out would be enough for people to figure out why Jack’s powers suddenly worked on Adam. I don’t want to have to spell everything out, I’ve gotta leave some stuff for the readers to figure out on their own. And I like seeing how many readers figure out upcoming plot twists.

I might do a story about Adam’s empire in the glory days, but it wouldn’t have any fluffies in it. It would have scalies in it, but I’m not sure they count. I have a personal rule that I call the 1F1L Rule: at least one fluffy in every story, with at least one line of dialogue. That’s the bare minimum.

I don’t want people going “Yo, where are the fluffies, dawg?” either.

And anyone who loves Discworld will go nuts for my stories, because there’s tons of references, and even characters based on Discworld characters.

But I try to make any character based on a character from another work distinct from their inspiration, so they’re not just direct copy-pastes.

3 Likes

Well, if you ask anyone with knowledge of WH40k, they’d tell you a single ancient relic is worth dozens of their modern counterparts. Although I agree that the subversion of that trope is either more believable or funnier (e.g. A dude trying to use an old flintlock gun having it go boom in his face or obviously failing to work, or a medieval spear’s wooden pole literally crumbling after being picked up from a museum).
When I think of old vs new, Indiana Jones’ “duel” against the swordmaster doing all those flashy tricks comes to my mind and makes me laugh.

3 Likes

Exactly. I like to throw curve balls, too. I like to keep people guessing whether I’ll subvert a trope or play it straight. Though I try not to have a plot twist come completely out of nowhere. I try to have a logical explanation behind the twist. Even if I don’t outright explain the logic, I try to make it easy to figure out if you think about it. I like foreshadowing, too. And sometimes I like using an obvious plot twist as a cover for a less obvious plot twist. Like what Marvel did with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Anyone who knows anything about comics knows who the Winter Soldier is and saw the reveal coming, but that was just a smokescreen for the HYDRA-in-SHIELD twist. Like that.

Marley suddenly having the power to change size wasn’t an ass-pull, because it was already established that A: Marley can copy powers, and B: the ChaotiX already had a size-shifter. He didn’t need to be shown copying the power on-page, I assumed.

Neither was Marley turning into a steel ball, since it had also been established that he copied Cannonball and Miles’ powers, and it’s already been shown that those with power copying can combine multiple powers.

I know I talk about my stories a lot, but I enjoy telling people about my process, and how I do what I do.

2 Likes

Damn bro that hits hard a good mare with her foal’s all die expect for 1 all 3 die from heat stroke, dehydration and the constant feel g hope fading away every passing hour. Damn that hurts.

3 Likes

oh THATS why youre named ulysses flag. you have Ulysses as your pfp, and he has the flag.

2 Likes

When I read the story I didn’t imagine her plastering the whole back of the carry box in explosive shit while making a face like she’s in a battle against the English in the Hundred Years War.

4 Likes

Did the couple end up separating? Curious since there’s no indication of him in the panels after seeing the last baby.

Love the visual interpretation of the story. The designs of the fluffies and humans work so well with what’s happening. Hopefully more stories can be reimagined like this!

1 Like

New Emoji
:whaaa:

2 Likes

And unless some supernatural force states it is objective fact that fluffies have an intrinsic value equal to or greater than actual living animals simply because they can speak and mimic bodily functions, then leaving a biotoy to “die” in a car is as morally questionable as blowing out a candle.

So unless you can contact that omniscient supernatural force for us, I guess we’re at an impasse as to whether the young rapscallions’ actions were morally wrong or not. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dont stop talking about your stories ever. Theyre amazing and i love them

2 Likes