Why does the subreddit suck so bad

I hear you. It takes practice, but it does get easier. You have to remind yourself that there’s nothing wrong with having boundaries, or doing things your way, even if other people don’t like it. Reasonable people would understand, and the people who don’t aren’t worth the time of day. The world won’t end if you decide not to post on Reddit anymore, or if you don’t draw fluffies the exact way a rando wants you to draw them.
If you keep posting on Reddit, it should be because you want to.

Eventually those thoughts will become more natural with practice.

I used to be terrified of anyone not liking me on the internet, of stepping on toes. Now I don’t care. Ultimately, me and strangers on the internet aren’t gonna effect each other much. I might piss someone off with my opinions, and vice versa, but we’ll both get over it. Disagreements happen, disappointment happens, it’s life.

2 Likes

Well that’s your fluffy style, the ketamine part was maybe from his side since I don’t see a sober way to try and shit on someone’s art like that

2 Likes

Fuck, you should have seen the old Emerald stories.
He wrote a paragraph worth of story and his fluffies killed humans and got super strength via radio waves.

That would send a good few of those guys into a raging apoplexy

4 Likes

JizzCoveredCrocs is a treasure.

You’re right though, we’d never get people like them and other great new creators without change.

I do admit I think I’ve been lucky with my own stuff, most people who like text posts and stories tend to not be as reactionary as those who comment only on the strips, the art and videos.

It’s the attention span, I bet lol

2 Likes

Oof, rosted

3 Likes

That’s the truth, I just love their surreal take and art style.

There’s no smoke without fire as they say and you’ve got to look at the community now.

What sort of stuff would be posted to booru? Would booru still exist? We’ve got an active and lively community now even though there’s a few spoilt eggs in there.

Honestly, going through some of my own stuff I began to wonder where my attention went too :-p

2 Likes

Oh it’s that guy. I don’t know the user specifically, but I know the type.

I could rant and rant about that type of abuse fan because that attitude was ruining the booru for goddamned ages, but I’ll save it lol

3 Likes

Sadly, fluffybooru.com was going to collapse with or without the extra attention.
Someday I’ll be able to say more about that subject.

7 Likes

I can believe it. Though honestly, I thought it was going to just plain be abandoned eventually. Out not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Towards the end there it was like a corpse that was occasionally poked at.

1 Like

I was just on and off booru lurking and making vague noises about huh, why is there no active r/fluffyponies or something? If the booru had gone down before I found the subreddit, i wouldn’t have found my way here.

I was backround binging Click when I heard the words “Fluffy pony” checked what sub-reddit he was talking about, and found the heart of the fandom again.
And I’m creating here now, without the level of brain hurt that dealing with booru comments used to drive me back into lurking.

5 Likes

I feel this so much.

My partner was the one who introduced me to r/fluffycommunity. Good thing too, because within days of me checking out the subreddit, the Booru died.

Otherwise I’d probably eventually find it through r/MakeMeSuffer but it’d take longer lol

3 Likes

As shitty as the subreddit is, we really needed it this year. I’ve only been in this community for half a year and I only heard of it because of the Click, but what I’m seeing in these replies tells me that the Booru was stagnating before it went down.

Are there overly intrusive hug boxers and annoying kids on the subreddit? Of course there are. But it was our plan B when the Booru went down, it was our emergency shelter before this site went up. And it helps drive people to this site. Without the subreddit, how much more difficult would it’ve been to get the word out that a successor to the Booru was already set up?

The subreddit is annoying at times, but it was there when we needed it most. We can’t forget that. It helped us attract the new blood that’s on this site right now.

All that aside, I want to hear for Virgil about what the Booru’s fate could’ve been if it hadn’t gone dark like it did.

3 Likes

I can’t deny that the subreddit breathed some new life into the Fluffy community. Your right about the Booru, the last time I checked it you were only getting a few new posts every week. Granted I stopped viewing the Booru a while before it went down so maybe before it died, it could have been different.

Now while I appreciate the new blood in our community, not all attention is good attention. Its brought over a lot of young users that cause problems listed by comments above. It solved the stagnation but it created a whole new problem. In that respect, its hard to respect it. Its also pretty much doomed to be banned one day.

I’m immensely thankful for the creation of fluffycommunity.com as its, in my eyes, a perfect place for the Fluffy community. Takes whats good with Reddit and the Booru, throws out the bad and bam. Great website.

3 Likes

For all the bad sides of the subreddit, I still thought the booru was worse, community wise. If a jackass went around and spammed your works, the mods would not do anything about it. One author I liked got spammed that way, years ago, and those bitchy little comments were still there. On Reddit, you can at least downvote people, and it’s at least not technically allowed as opposed to the mods expecting you to just take it.

If people made hate art of your works, especially hugbox, you just had to accept that too. It was like a frat house, you had to put up with hazing from try-hards.

The worst of that right now is some dude ripping Carpdiem’s fluffy style and calling them ‘homunculus fluffies’ but that’s more weird than anything imo, and people do call him out. Back on the booru, Carpdiem’s hugbox character, Avacado, was drawn getting shot up in a drive by because the users there were so triggered by hugbox, they had to ‘fix’ hugbox works. And that was accepted. That was normal.

There will be growing pains as new fans dip their toes in and figure out how this fandom works. Hell, sometimes they’ll even take things in great new directions people weren’t willing to before, like Jizzcoveredcrocs. Ultimately, I still don’t think these new fans are as bad as some people think. Yes even the people with colorful jellenheimer ocs. It’s not a big ‘problem’, it’s just an annoying hiccup imo.

We also need to accept that any group of people, in anything, will have ‘that guy’ in them. It’s inevitable. Even the deadest fandoms have them.

Agreed on this website though. The team are making a great site here. I truly believe moderation makes or breaks any community.

5 Likes

Fuck reddit user huggiesandlove, guy caled me a retard one time and made fun of a dyslexic person

1 Like

It’s 100% the moderation. The people running this site are very involved and we are very lucky. Part of the reason that the old site went down was poor moderation as well; Wetfluff running amok and Guzziman just throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We are very fortunate to have moderators here who care about the community and want to help when they can. That’s rare.

5 Likes

First off, Roommate, I gotta say, I LOVE your clips. So amazing. You really capture the essence of fluffies with your voice overs.

B U T

I gotta be honest sweaty :nail_care:, you gotta change that voice up :clown_face:. Go deeper. :skier: :skier: :skier: Fluffies don’t sound squeaky :rat: (I would know). They should sound like regular humans. And ditch the lisp. :tongue: It’s pretty abelist for those with speaking difficulties. You’re just embarrassing yourself at this point. :nail_care: Probably get rid of fluffspeak altogether now that I think about it. And don’t do any more abuse. Only hugbox and OC (specifically MY OC). :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Thanks and TTFN! :kissing_heart: :two_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

No offense, but that’s a compliment. ( I LOVE your llamafluffs! :heart_eyes:)

3 Likes

You didn’t cause any trouble! People are just stupid. If I strongly disagreed with your tagging, I’d have changed it. But, uh no. Leeches that don’t contribute anything to the community just want to feel special.

4 Likes

Emerald’s Ozzy stories were a guilty pleasure of mine. I miss Emerald :frowning:

4 Likes