Why I love FC

This site proves that people with radically different viewpoints can get along. From abusers to hugboxers, and everything in between, FC shows that despite our views, age, background, language, and whatever else makes us different - we can coexist and tolerate each other. We might not skip through the flowers holding hands, but we respect each other and in some cases even become online friends.

When I first arrived I had a cautious troll mentality, ready to insult and shit on ppl while playing the clique game. I quickly realized that this attitude wasn’t necessary. I found that being supportive and building each other up is better than dragging each other down.

Hugboxers come to share their adorable fluff art, perverts come to tell dirty jokes, and angry sociopaths come to relieve stress so they don’t punch their boss. All of us need FC because in “normal” environments we would all be considered weird, but here we all have weirdness in common and we relish in it.

So with that spirit in mind I’d like to say thanks to all of the admins and mods for making this site possible. It’s been an amazing creative outlet and stress reliever for me, and I’d be sad if it were gone.

61 Likes

I LOVE THI SCOMMUNITY TOO!!! cant wait to see more art and stories to tell!!

7 Likes

I don’t have the freedom of being like I really am here, because that would get me banned.

5 Likes

I feel so welcome here and I love it, too!

I’m so happy that you feel comfortable and at home here. I was expecting a troll-y and cliquey atmosphere when I joined and was pleased with how warm the community even is.

It’s great seeing a community where people who partake in the hobby in so many totally different ways all get along with each other and appreciate each other’s hard work. :gift_heart:

8 Likes

My favorite thing about FC and fluffies in general is that, out of all the hobbies we can possibly have, we choose to be HERE. We could be playing video games, sewing a dress, weightlifting, or whatever with our free time, but we instead choose to create and consume art and stories about pig horses. A lot of the people here are very, very talented, and it’s so nice how we get these pieces of work for free. It’s a community driven by passion.
I don’t know. There’s something about it that I’ve always loved. I’m glad to be here, and happy there are so many others like you who are happy to be here as well.

11 Likes

It’s all fun and games until you say something the masses don’t like.

3 Likes

It’s all in how it’s said.
No one expects everyone to agree 100% but the idea is that despite that we can still be courteous to one another.

7 Likes

My favorite part of this site is most of y’all are doing this for free. No shade to anyone taking commissions, but most of y’all do not get anything other than the joy of creation for what you do. And we do it anyway.

Creation for creations sake. Art because art is wanted. Gives me lots of hope for the future, weirdly enough.

10 Likes

I absolutely love this community as well, I’ve never been able to actually get into any community/fandom before as much as here. I never really had the inspiration to create things like I do with fluffies. Dark topics have also always been one of my favorite things to write and draw and I love exploring that stuff

9 Likes

This site actually helped me get through some tough times when I felt my own Demons was gonna win (PTSD), so yeah the community is good here! And shoutout to my friends here, you know who you are.

10 Likes

I know that feel. I’ve said a lot of stupid shit, but what you guys have gotta understand is, there’s even more stupid shit that I didn’t say. Yeah, this is me holding back. This isn’t even my final form.

FC is one of the best online communities I’ve ever seen (it’s certainly more civil than most), and I’ve met a lot of amazing, talented people here.

There may have been rough patches since I first joined, but ultimately, I like it here, I’ll be here as long as there’s people who want me here, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for our humble community.

6 Likes

And I follow the rules certainly because of the civility. If the mods didn’t talk to me the first time I violated their rules calmly and explained what I did wrong, or as if I was retarded, I would have been a lot more abrasive on my way out and probably never bothered again.

5 Likes

Exactly. I’ve seen how bad mods can be. I’ve seen power-tripping mods in other communities who will beat you senseless with the banhammer for looking at them funny. Don’t even get me started on 4chan jannies…

I’m pleased to see that FluffyCommunity’s mods aren’t like that, and I’m happy to cooperate with them.

It’s not what we can do that defines us, but what we choose to do.

5 Likes

I absolutely love it here as well.
Often the communities that seem the strangest to outsiders actually have the kindest people.
It’s a million times nicer on here than on any mainstream social media.

5 Likes

We are definitely experiencing a period of “community” that has not always been present in the fandom. I am really enjoying this iteration.

7 Likes

I haven’t been here as long as anyone else, but I’m glad I came when I did, because the way the community is right now is pretty wholesome, and y’all are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I wouldn’t have considered posting any art without the encouragement of the people here. I’m glad I made that decision :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can dig it. I love this wacky corner of absurdity and real heart.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

This place is perfect.

4 Likes

A couple of site death scares probably chilled a lot of people out

3 Likes

Man, FC made it easier to cope with that auti bun-out i had last two (!) fucking years.
Seeing @Virgil 's comments throughout in that time, talking with peeps IRL, and some shitty writing and drawing, i didn’t feel i was the only one going through some work related bullshit.

I still fantasize curb-stomping some former manager’s head’s sometimes,
(I hope you read this, you fascist assholes with less social skills than me! Who in the hell hires a bunch a retards like me if you can’t deal with challenged people?!?), but not as much as i would do without FC.

1 Like