Why Pillow Litter-pals?

Breaks their spirit and helps them get resigned to their role as a designated shit eater, less of a fuss when they realize they’re entirely hopeless

4 Likes

In my opinion, Litterpals become pillowed so they fit better in the box and so they can’t escape if the box they are in happens to break.

10 Likes

Makes sense. The more compact the better, probably. Especially if you have the carry the whole thing out to the dumpster (or bio-waste bin depending on headcanon) once it…expires.

2 Likes

Honestly, you just do what will cause the most harm and suffering.

Are the fluffies irreversible grafted into the box? No? Well then there’s the potential that they may become mobile if they ever escape. Remove the legs. Causes instant pain and trauma and prevents them from ever living a normal life if they do happen to get rescued.

Do you want to emphasize the pain and discomfort of being shoved in a tiny permanent box? Keep the legs. Maybe they’ll break during the fitting process. Or maybe the fluffy will continue to grow and cause all sorts of issues as it literally grows too big for its living space.

The whole point is just to make fluffies suffer.

8 Likes

I thought it was from the general ‘really resistant to disease’ trope. Fluffies can live weeks after having flesh ground to the bone from being scraped on concrete with no medical care at all sometimes, or get a horrible disease from a tiny scratch, simply because their durability is exactly what the story needs to work.

2 Likes

I’ll answer with this
xD

2 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

You remove their legs so they fit in the box. They’re faces are then at the correct height for the job as well.

2 Likes

Legs equal both a means of escape and hope
Stories/art involving LP’s seek to extinguish both.

As for infection/quality of life, I think the concept is that fluffies are so replaceable that getting a new litterpal is easy and cheap.

But of course it all depends on your headcanon :heart:

4 Likes

Because where they’re going they don’t need legs. A litterpal that keeps it’s limbs has a greater chance to escape, rebel or otherwise not be a litterpal.

Plus the physical suffering of losing their legs goes perfectly with the mental anguish of becoming a " poopie fluffy ".

If those don’t explain it, there’s one more option: Because FUCK YOU, THAT’S WHY!!!

5 Likes

A pair of pliers and a knife are something everyone has. They are, combined, a lot cheaper than an immobilization board or a bite guard. Most people aren’t going for quality. Not when it’s $10 vs $50 for what is effectively talking toilet paper.

I’m not advocating this. But some characters are lazy bastards that simply don’t want to deal with the fact that fluffies shit a LOT.

4 Likes

Because it’s pointlessly cruel, and pointless cruelty is our thing.

1 Like

Because if you pillow them you can freely save money on using cardboard without the fear of it breaking from the inside

4 Likes

It’s a dumb (but fun) concept that really only exist for suffering. So like all fluffy things like that it’s best to suspend your disbelief in some places

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna agree with the notion that litterpals are for cruelty first, utility second; if I didn’t want to clean up turds I’d invest in (or make) a fluffy-safe toilet lid and potty train it (speaking of which, look for me to use that when I get off my ass to write a hugbox story). Having something to clean up shit that itself shits really just defeats the whole purpose from a utility standpoint.

That being said, the pillowing is probably for cruelty and utility in equal measure; cruelty in the sense that it causes pain and anguish, and utility in that it can’t escape.

2 Likes

I personally despise the concept of litterpals, so they were outlawed pretty quickly in my headcanon. Used to be pillowed, though

Because fuck 'em lmao

Why produce accessories to deny them mobility, which costs money and resources, when you can tackle the problem at the root?

2 Likes

In my headcanon, litter-pals are illegal due to how unsanitary they are.

Their suffering sustains me and it’s just quality control ppl won’t buy a product if it hurts their pets plus it’s cheaper to just take their legs and teeth out of the equation yourself for MAXIMUM PROFIT!!!

2 Likes

"INTRODUCING Sman97’s premium literpals. Live 50 percent longer than the competition on average. 3 week lifespan guaranteed or your money back! "