Why Pillow Litter-pals?

I don’t really understand why litter-pals are pillowed in a lot of stories, especially when it happens immediately before they’re put in the box. Doesn’t it basically guarantee a fairly quick death from infection? Doesn’t an immobilization board make more sense for a long-term litter-pal? So, in your head-canon (assuming litter-pals are even a thing), are litter-pals generally pillowed or not? If so, why?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

9 Likes

Litter pals don’t make any logical sense, they exist just to add some cruelty to the world. So we take their legs, because fuck em.

16 Likes

Fair point, but wouldn’t ensuring that they live longer be a bigger “fuck you” than letting them die from sepsis within a week or two?

5 Likes

They’ll die from either depression or just from eating shit in about that long anyway tbh.

6 Likes

Most litter pals also have their teeth removed. It’s for the safety of the pet they clean up after.

8 Likes

If you are selling them the faster they die the more you sell

7 Likes

Why not just use a bite guard and immobilization board, though? Isn’t removing the teeth and legs actually more effort for an inferior product?

3 Likes

Most interpretations of litter pals are that they don’t last very long. Typically weeks. The whole justification for doing something that ridiculously cruel is that people don’t want to clean litter boxes. So those same people aren’t going to deal with the litter pal’s poop. So the box just sort of fills up until they die.

6 Likes

10 Likes

I’m just legitimately interested in why people have these things set up the way they do. I like to hear elements of other people’s headcanon and why things are the way they are to help me better develop my own worlds and stories.

2 Likes

Breaks their spirit and helps them get resigned to their role as a designated shit eater, less of a fuss when they realize they’re entirely hopeless

4 Likes

In my opinion, Litterpals become pillowed so they fit better in the box and so they can’t escape if the box they are in happens to break.

10 Likes

Makes sense. The more compact the better, probably. Especially if you have the carry the whole thing out to the dumpster (or bio-waste bin depending on headcanon) once it…expires.

2 Likes

Honestly, you just do what will cause the most harm and suffering.

Are the fluffies irreversible grafted into the box? No? Well then there’s the potential that they may become mobile if they ever escape. Remove the legs. Causes instant pain and trauma and prevents them from ever living a normal life if they do happen to get rescued.

Do you want to emphasize the pain and discomfort of being shoved in a tiny permanent box? Keep the legs. Maybe they’ll break during the fitting process. Or maybe the fluffy will continue to grow and cause all sorts of issues as it literally grows too big for its living space.

The whole point is just to make fluffies suffer.

8 Likes

I thought it was from the general ‘really resistant to disease’ trope. Fluffies can live weeks after having flesh ground to the bone from being scraped on concrete with no medical care at all sometimes, or get a horrible disease from a tiny scratch, simply because their durability is exactly what the story needs to work.

2 Likes

I’ll answer with this
xD

2 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

You remove their legs so they fit in the box. They’re faces are then at the correct height for the job as well.

2 Likes

Legs equal both a means of escape and hope
Stories/art involving LP’s seek to extinguish both.

As for infection/quality of life, I think the concept is that fluffies are so replaceable that getting a new litterpal is easy and cheap.

But of course it all depends on your headcanon :heart:

4 Likes

Because where they’re going they don’t need legs. A litterpal that keeps it’s limbs has a greater chance to escape, rebel or otherwise not be a litterpal.

Plus the physical suffering of losing their legs goes perfectly with the mental anguish of becoming a " poopie fluffy ".

If those don’t explain it, there’s one more option: Because FUCK YOU, THAT’S WHY!!!

5 Likes