Woes of a New Owner, Chapter 27 - Story by iasche, Art by gr1m_1

View Full Size

Chapter 28

81 Likes

It actually wouldn’t surprise me… Dissociative identity disorder, is usually cause by sexual traumatic events… Babbehs get raped in shelters all the time… It probably wasn’t the owner, but rather, Skippy is trying to repress some violent traumatic sexual abuse he suffered in the past… And therefore, formed a separate personality to deal with the issue…

19 Likes

I TOOK YOU THAT LONG TO BELIEVE YOUR OWN SON! WOW!

5 Likes

I’m getting so many mixed messages from Mark, like he really doesn’t feel like he’s done anything wrong, or anything upsetting even as he’s describing beating Skippy

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be causing isolation from the other fluffies? (His brothers?)

I think that the problem was that his mother spoiled him/lied to him/rigged him.

2 Likes

i think it’s a bit of both – while his mother certainly set him up for developing smarty syndrome, the abandonment he felt from not being chosen while his siblings were only encouraged his smarty side to feel justified in acting out since he genuinely believes he’s a good fluffy (and technically, skippy is a good fluffy, it’s the smarty side of him that acts out), and being denied things that good fluffies are usually given (sketties, special friends, and toys) makes that side of him feel even more punished.

technically, before the smarty side began to actively take over, he hadn’t really done anything wrong, and illustrates that he tried his best to follow the rules given to him by his caregivers: using the litterbox properly, trying not to be rude to other fluffies, and trying not to demand anything.

i also think that the lack of care given to him by his caretakers as he was being raised (the people who were bathing him with his siblings, for example), being taken away from his mother too soon and not being given a proper surrogate, and the bleak environment in fluffmart are all potentially traumatic factors that could also lead to the smarty side being a harmful coping mechanism that only comes out once he’s in a safe place and not being subjected to trauma.

remember, in humans, a bond between mother and child is the most vital thing for a baby as it helps them learn that they’re a person (and are respected as such), allows them to learn that they have needs and that they’ll be met, and it later on gives them a secure point/person from which they can explore the world in. this secure bonding and unconditional love is how humans form secure attachment styles, which in turn allows them to have healthy relationships with proper boundaries.

if this was just a ton of confusing psychoanalytic jargon, i found the wikipedia page for attachment theory here:

4 Likes

lmao retarded ass fluffy who cares if it’s the evilest of smarties or the sweetest of babbehs, torture them all to the death

2 Likes

man shut up let abusers be abusers plus your a literal child and should be banned

2 Likes

@SillyFilly
@Strauss
@MushroomMirage

Malignant dissociation and its related disorders are actually not so much the presence of separate whole personalities as the fragmenting of the conscious mind into a variety of states and even personas. In extreme cases, memory issues are also present, scaling in severity alongside the intensity and nature of the disorder itself—Usually, these are not actually total amnesia, but rather a combination of partial amnesia and depersonalization which contributes to the sense of having “become another person” or been possessed.

“Classic” dissociative identity disorder (eg. featuring full amnesia between alters) is very rare, and genuine cases are almost exclusively the result of violent long-term abuse of a sexual nature beginning at a very young age. The disordered use of dissociation is adopted early in life as an extreme psychological protective measure.

Less notorious disorders of identity and dissociation can have varying symptoms and causes. Severe dissociation can be its own illness, and can simultaneously point to other psychological maladies; but unfortunately, the dissociative disorders as a group are not well understood or studied. They often result from trauma and/or deeper mental illness, as has been stated—and to be clear, disordered reliance on dissociation as a defense mechanism is not an indicator of a history of abuse. A classic example of one of these other dissociative disorders is PTSD, which many people don’t even know has a dissociative component to it.

Also, there’s no such thing as a “natural system” or whatever they’re called on TikTok. Healthy people don’t have “headmates”, and people with dissociative disorders don’t have “headmates” that conveniently back them up when they’re losing an argument on the internet. No idea if it’s still cool to pretend you’re part of a “system” that includes Doctor Who and Sans, but that fad has been incredibly painful to run into over the years. Stop it, stop fetishizing the mentally ill, and ffs stop using the word headmates it makes me want to scream.

Now.

With Skippy, we should keep in mind that fluffies and humans have different emotional priorities, in addition to fluffies having poor inner/outer boundaries. It’s entirely possible that Smarty didn’t actually start out as the autonomous personification of Skippy’s greed that he now is. Rather, it seems more likely that Skippy himself was the one thinking and repressing those thoughts, about how he deserved better than his siblings and how he’s the smartest ever and he should get bitches and spaghetti—and over time, he repressed so much of himself that the repressed part started to overflow like a forgotten latrine.

There’s not actually a difference between Skippy and Smarty, technically speaking: not only are they physically the same fluffy, but they’re ultimately just forks from the same branch. The extreme difference is only because each thought process has been isolated from the other for so long.

@Karmabox_gurl33

I speak for the entire site when I say I’m glad you stopped posting in 2020.

What’s your problem?

1 Like

Probably a hugboxing SJW from Reddit. Doesn’t really matter as he/she hasn’t been active here in almost three years.