Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

L.A. did that has been the whole argument a man can go beyond any instinct he has while a fluffy is limited to what is programmed to know

1 Like

If I were in my timeline, I’d treat fluffies very humanely as livestock, including maintaining the illusion that a fluffy going to harvest is “going to Skettiland.”

If I were in the hellscape that is the Era of COVID, I’d treat it as a pet.

4 Likes

A lot of you are overthinking this.

1. Responsible fluffy owners spay or neuter their fluffies.

2. If you would spay or neuter a kid, then you’re a sick fuck.

3. If you wouldn’t spay or neuter a pet, then fuck you.

Therefore, the answer is simple.

9 Likes

But doesn’t that constrain potential stories?

1 Like

I mean in the case of not getting one, choosing kid works.

1 Like

But there’s a problem there. What if the fluffy doesn’t want to be neutered? Of course, domestic fluffies don’t really have a choice, but I find it opens up a lot of discussion. Part of the reason why I love this pic by Carpdime is precisely because I like fluffies who define their own independence.

Its not an an easy answer for me because I don’t think of a fluffy whose living a happy a life with a human as being any less than a fluffy whose barely scraping by but surviving in the wild. Its like asking me if a person living in a suburb is “better” than a person living in a poor country. Sure, one could say the latter is tougher, more experienced or better than the other, but end of the day they’re both human.

4 Likes

no can you write a story about a horse if it dose not fly through space at the speed of light, limits to what some thing is are needed for a story

1 Like

True, my only gold up is that fluffies have organs. Which prevents me from accepting them as simply toys.

2 Likes

they are not simple toys but neither are they talking dogs they are some thing else and should be treated as some thing distinct

1 Like

I agree, they work better as a chimera in my mind.

2 Likes

I’m sure my cat would rather not have been spayed, too. But I’m not a dumbass.

4 Likes

Your cat can’t talk. That’s the difference there. And I’m saying that your cat is no less of a cat than a feral cat living on its own.

Take it a step further, and think of it as the difference between a house slave, and an escaped slave living on the run. I don’t think either creature is better than the other: the slave that prefers to stay with his master has just as much reason and benefit to stay with his master as the slave who chooses to run away.

4 Likes

mic drop

/thread

3 Likes

picks up the mic

It ain’t over yet.

dabs with mic in hand

5 Likes

Thats downright abuse, mate. All that does is make the dog more aggressive and anxious.

5 Likes

Dude. Don’t. We’re talking fluffies. You’re becoming disrespectful at this point.

4 Likes

chill out. usually 1 hard bop or 2 is fine, or an hour of time out at worst.

3 Likes

no the difference is a fluffy was never meant to live out side of a human house

2 Likes

@OtherCoraline Nah man. This is exactly why I’m interested in fluffies.

A lot about fluffies is that they’ve bene genetically engineered to be a slave race. And I think there’s something interesting in that to explore.

5 Likes

When has a fluffy ever chosen to be neutered? Every fluffy nuetering has occurred DESPITE the wishes of the fluffy

4 Likes