Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

what those that have to do whit your assertion that man dose not think but only reacts whit pre programed instinct

1 Like

who said the man does not think? the argument was that fluffies are as programmed as humans or any other creature, and thus them not being able to change their programming to suit the current situation is nonsense

3 Likes

So, I got lost somewhere. Fluffies are toys led to physiology and psychology?

2 Likes

L.A. did that has been the whole argument a man can go beyond any instinct he has while a fluffy is limited to what is programmed to know

1 Like

If I were in my timeline, I’d treat fluffies very humanely as livestock, including maintaining the illusion that a fluffy going to harvest is “going to Skettiland.”

If I were in the hellscape that is the Era of COVID, I’d treat it as a pet.

4 Likes

A lot of you are overthinking this.

1. Responsible fluffy owners spay or neuter their fluffies.

2. If you would spay or neuter a kid, then you’re a sick fuck.

3. If you wouldn’t spay or neuter a pet, then fuck you.

Therefore, the answer is simple.

9 Likes

But doesn’t that constrain potential stories?

1 Like

I mean in the case of not getting one, choosing kid works.

1 Like

But there’s a problem there. What if the fluffy doesn’t want to be neutered? Of course, domestic fluffies don’t really have a choice, but I find it opens up a lot of discussion. Part of the reason why I love this pic by Carpdime is precisely because I like fluffies who define their own independence.

Its not an an easy answer for me because I don’t think of a fluffy whose living a happy a life with a human as being any less than a fluffy whose barely scraping by but surviving in the wild. Its like asking me if a person living in a suburb is “better” than a person living in a poor country. Sure, one could say the latter is tougher, more experienced or better than the other, but end of the day they’re both human.

4 Likes

no can you write a story about a horse if it dose not fly through space at the speed of light, limits to what some thing is are needed for a story

1 Like

True, my only gold up is that fluffies have organs. Which prevents me from accepting them as simply toys.

2 Likes

they are not simple toys but neither are they talking dogs they are some thing else and should be treated as some thing distinct

1 Like

I agree, they work better as a chimera in my mind.

2 Likes

I’m sure my cat would rather not have been spayed, too. But I’m not a dumbass.

4 Likes

Your cat can’t talk. That’s the difference there. And I’m saying that your cat is no less of a cat than a feral cat living on its own.

Take it a step further, and think of it as the difference between a house slave, and an escaped slave living on the run. I don’t think either creature is better than the other: the slave that prefers to stay with his master has just as much reason and benefit to stay with his master as the slave who chooses to run away.

4 Likes

mic drop

/thread

3 Likes

picks up the mic

It ain’t over yet.

dabs with mic in hand

5 Likes

Thats downright abuse, mate. All that does is make the dog more aggressive and anxious.

5 Likes

Dude. Don’t. We’re talking fluffies. You’re becoming disrespectful at this point.

4 Likes

chill out. usually 1 hard bop or 2 is fine, or an hour of time out at worst.

3 Likes