Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

BEHOLD! A JELLENHEIMER!

7 Likes

Unless you pay them and call them stunt men

That isn’t always true. I’ve seem my kiddos do some dumb shit only to get hurt and do it again.

2 Likes

But then there’s calculus involved, the phrase I’d only do that for a million bucks comes to mind.

2 Likes

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

Why would instinct need to be formed that would mean it is learned

1 Like

Well not instinct being formed more parts of the brain that are needed for those behaviors are already genetically coded but haven’t formed yet. In the same way a tadpole doesn’t have to learn to become a frog.

5 Likes

some instincts are formed based on the past experiences

3 Likes

And they’re assigned to pre existing emotional states, which is done by a learning algorithim which is programmed. As humans can only learn in certain ways.

4 Likes

exactly

3 Likes

how convenient that what should be the most basic of instincts are not formed but are only expressed after they are learned

1 Like

again it sounds a lot like learned behavior

1 Like

Instinct is defined as innate behavior, aka not learned. Unless it’s something else we’re talking about.

4 Likes

Explain then why children who grew up near carcinogens or with less resources preform worse on certain things or have delayed development? Unless of course their parents sense lead or food shortage and realize they shouldn’t teach them for the psychiatric researcher’s sake.
@Snorty Fair it’s more the idea of programming and instincts as scaffolding.

4 Likes

We’re afraid of the dark for instantince, that was from past expirience of predators attacking us in the dark.

3 Likes

why would i prove the argument i am making to my self should it not be you who proves that it is some how tied to pre programed instinct

1 Like

I have the backing of countless neuroscientists , you got dead people who believe in humor theory, the ptolemaic solar system and bloodletting on your side.

5 Likes

neuroscientists have proven that environmental posing and resource inequality are pre programed instinct that would be news to the world

1 Like

No what I’m saying is that those processes are entirely dependent on preprogrammed cell formation in the same way nutrition is for growth my dude.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s past experience from your ancestors that you have inherited. That makes the instincts innate in you, you did not learn them, however you act upon the programming because it betters your survival odds.

Actually, with things going, what new instincts may humans in the future have? Also way OT.

5 Likes