Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

They can change their preconceived views ,a fluffy can not it will always default to what it was programmed to know

1 Like

I suppose that makes sense, but isn’t it limiting for potential stories? To force a fluffy to always be the same no matter what, a completely stagnant character for no ability to improve or fail?

6 Likes

or are they? there is no programming that can’t be broken

3 Likes

So do we, until the other view becomes the default. You see very touchy about this.

4 Likes

I choose not to take fluffy stories so seriously that I feel the need to have philosophical debates about them.

9 Likes

You seem redundant in your argument man can not think unless he does man can not change unless he dose than that change proves man can not think unless he does and round and round you go

2 Likes

It’s eeally weird to think about it since fluffies are some kind of “eternal babies” for their dependence to others and just appearance even tho their adults. I’ll personally think they could be treated as toy size dogs, sometimes being treated better than kids or like a 4 years old who will never grow up

4 Likes

what can i say, we are full of paradoxes

2 Likes

But those incentives are based on basic survival programs, man will adapt based on what’s best for the current situation. That does not change the fact that it is entirely dependent on core programming for the purpose of stay alive. No thought you make is independent of context and no context is independent of random quantum mechanical forces or the actions of a deity.

3 Likes

In a way but it also opens new way to think about old problems

Thing is I agree with you on most points, bit fluffies have organs. They breathe, they eat, sleep, and they require attention. If you ignore your fluffy it does, a toy is inanimate.

5 Likes

The thing is, you can always disregard everything in this thread and just make your own headcanon where you define the limitations.

Don’t let anons online define what you can or can’t make due to them getting pissy about it.

4 Likes

But I like making people pissy if they get this defensive and serious.

5 Likes

I already have children. So I don’t think I would treat a fluffy like a human child, but more like an intelligent pet that I can speak to. I imagine I would speak to a fluffy the same way I would probably speak to any child.

6 Likes

You’re like Diogenes if ancient Greece had fluffies running about.

5 Likes

A child will happily play whit a snake or fire little of what we do is survival instinct

4 Likes

I lean towards child. Their mind is much more complex than that of a common pet, and properly raising a fluffy means paying attention to the way it thinks, it’s interests, talents, personality. I would do my best to try and develop it’s mind, teach it basic knowledge. I can’t treat a creature this complicated simply like a pet. This is also why I probably wouldn’t want to have a fluffy, because my approach to them is way too exhausting.

5 Likes

I can unfortunately vouch for that. My daughter used to try and run into oncoming traffic.

4 Likes

until the child got hurt by fire, and he will never do it again

4 Likes

But those parts of it’s brain aren’t formed yet as an infant, as not all of the brain is grown then. Humans are statistically more likely to fear snakes and avoid touching fire than they are to fear applesauce and avoid grass. Second of all what you call human flexibility is just us being half baked so our heads weren’t massive vagina shredders.

5 Likes