Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

Well I am an nihilist Existentialist to an extent and this is fun. It’s not like that last bit matters anyway. Also surprised there are so few nihilists on this site, you think this would be a hotspot for em.

3 Likes

I respect that. As long as you can respect that their are people who have children because they genuinly want to and enjoy raising them, and that millions of years of evolution doesn’t erase the emotions, joy, and fun we have grin raising our young. You can argue they are hard wired to enjoy it, but that does nothing to lessen the experience. And that’s all that life is, a collage of experiences.

3 Likes

Bottom line, the day that fluffies are created in real life is the day i move underground, away from everyone

2 Likes

I mean whatever works for you, I personally subscribe to the Greek idea of friendship being the noblest form of bond as it’s literally finding part of your consciousness in someone unrelated to you and the least premade genetically. Like for me it’s not just that I have to love a kid, I feel I’d also want to like them for it to seem worth it rn, otherwise I wouldn’t feel that my conscious mind actually enjoyed it. Admittedly I’m lucky to have a great relation with my Grandma but other family struggles have sort of cemented this with me.

5 Likes

You answered your own question) All people are different and in each individual head metaphysical cockroaches build statehood the way they like it best) There will be an attitude as to a pet, and as to a child, and as to a toy, and as to a burden, and as to a deity… Depending on the madness that this particular person enjoys)

3 Likes

Fluffys are the opposite of nihilists they are the eternal optimist

4 Likes

I mean the community members. A lot of the people here yourself included, seem to be very against nihilist ideas.

2 Likes

Why would nihilists flock to there opposite

2 Likes

Because the void breaking those who deny it can be funny.

5 Likes

Cause opposites attract

4 Likes

Why would finding your human crack be noble it would seam self serving

2 Likes

If theres no point to life then theres every point to life.

4 Likes

Because it takes more of an effort to do it on the part of your more advanced systems. I get you’re the ultimate shitposty contrarian so this will go nowhere.

3 Likes

You can never break a fluffy of it optimism it will die knowing love conquers all

1 Like

Well that’s actually admirable like Camus Sisyphus admirable, usually they just die crying wan die while an edgy teenage epic psycho gloats about stress relief.

3 Likes

No it takes less effort you are literally seeking out a person to bring you self gratification it’s like eating healthy which may not bring you joy opposed eating your favorite food every day

3 Likes

FWIW I was annoyed when this thread started this morning, but I’m glad you made the post. It’s lead to some really interesting and open discussions.

4 Likes

Yes, and we’ve already done that. Dogs (along with most domesticated animals) are an entirely human creation that deserve rights according to their intelligence. Ethics of actually creating an “unnatural” intelligent life form aside the end result didn’t ask to be created and deserves rights appropriate to it’s level of sapience.

I get that we’re on a site that hosts content regarding the abuse and torture of sentient, fairly sapient creatures – and as fiction that’s fine. People create the same content about human beings, and again: as fiction that’s fine. We all have that morbid, dark part of ourselves and exercising it through fantasy is (with some caveats) normal.

Now people that actually want to act on those impulses in reality are fucking psychos I wouldn’t trust around small animals.

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more

4 Likes

The sanest person on this site

4 Likes