Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

I wondered about that

2 Likes

I always thought that fluffies were kind of like rats, negligible in undeveloped rural areas, annoying in farm lands and a full blown pest in urban environments, lack of predators plus simple problem solving skills and the ability to speak? Yeah you are going to need to do something.

4 Likes

I recognize your points and thank you for your views.

1 Like

Did you just agree with yourself my dude?

3 Likes

To be honest, I forgot.

3 Likes

so, to give a fair answer I would be closer be inclined to consider them a pet while having the ability of crude speech which is not an achievable level of communication from a standard animal fluffies tend to suffer from several psychological behaviors that make them difficult to respect as a family member or a noble pet that will protect you or back you up on a given situation, a large dog can protect you from a threat and a family member is able to give support to a degree of mental maturity, I would think of it as a toy one capable of feeling pain, not one I would feel a large degree of sympathy for

2 Likes

I’d treat them like a mixture of the two. Take them outside when they need the bathroom, go for walks, give them a collar, teach them tricks, etc. But I’d give them toys and try to teach them things like how to count, how to drop the lisp and probably a little self defense too.
For punishments, I’m way too soft hearted to get physical. I’d think a time out in the corner or loss of privileges would work.

4 Likes

drop the lisp

might not be worth it

self defense

against other fluffies right?

4 Likes

Or a rat

3 Likes

Excellent reference to Mutagen’s “Mummah” comic.

Actually I’ve been thinking about that. I know @anon31733200 has a canon where fluffies can be learn to be without the lisp. Its a headcanon thing, but I do think its interesting. That said.

This is a topic I’ve been thinking a lot about, and I’m ambivalent about. I say that because its the same as asking “should fluffies be fixed?” So much hivecanon and ideas centre around fluffies having innate problems that can’t be solved, but then, and as seen on the reddit, someone asked, what if fluffies could have their innate problems solved

Some people in this community may call it “mary sue oc donut steel” but, with so much content focused and obsessing ont he flaws of fluffies, it doesn’t really allow grow growth and potential for them outside such a headcanon. Its something I mentioned here: when you have a base thats so determined on making fluffies as unlikeable and unintelligent as possible, it limits the kinds of stories that can be told.

And its not like an interesting story with an intelligent fluffy can’t be told. Mutagen’s Postfluff is proof of that.

But on the other hand, some of the classic hugboxers like Waggytail and Marcusmaximus liked fluffies for their flaws. Granted, they didn’t followed the so-called hellgremlin lore, but they did like fluffy naivete and the fluffspeak. Hell, I feel like Waggytail saw a lot of commonality between fluffies and domestic pets.

This is something I want to put into a longer opinion piece, but suffice to say is that I feel that hugboxers like Waggytail and Marcusmaximus had a point to liking fluffies “as they are”, flaws and all. Because we do lvoe cats and dogs, as well as people, despite their flaws. But at the same time, and if its better for the fandom, maybe fluffies should be able to learn to overcome some of their hindrances, if it at least diminishes some of the negative stigma and discrimination against them.

5 Likes

Abuse answer

1 Like