Yard Time At Jem's "No-Kill" Shelter For Abused Fluffs (Jem Mace)

I’m going to piss over the walls

5 Likes

Aim for the litterpals or the pillows.
They cant get away after all.

Then again, the litterpals might enjoy it.

4 Likes

Peepee wawa bad fo’ fwuffy

5 Likes

Nobody’s no-no stick is that long, buddy.

1 Like

I am a robotic being.

I use hoses and complex targeting algorithms.

In order to piss on helpless shitpigs.

Better off lighting them all on fire.

5 Likes

Sheesh, do you whizz lighter fluid?

2 Likes

He’s roleplaying.

Anyhow, I’m curious about funding and how that’d happen. Hrm.

Love the concept, love the candid descriptions. I do wonder how hard the “no kill” policy is, though. I assume there’s no going through great effort to keep them alive if they can’t find the will to live, so watching a promising case waste away must be quite difficult.

1 Like

the perverts

2 Likes

They don’t have many joys.

3 Likes

Clearly, they have a fetish

3 Likes

Shit. Knowing that there’s places like this that I can’t enter and corrupt means I gotta up my abuse. Can’t have (even marginally) happy fluffs now, can we?

Neat idea @Jem-Mace. I genuinely enjoy that no matter how dark or depressing people like me go, there are people like you and @Chikahiro who can go equally as strong into the positive side.

I gotta ask, though, what’s the burnout rate for a place like this? Depressing medical fields (oncology, NICU, infectious diseases) have a high turnover rate because the medical professionals can only handle so much despair and “failure” (that’s how they see it, though they are effin’ heroes in my book). Do the people who care for these fluffs have like metahuman levels of empathy? Because this is like tending to foster children who have been abused AND have disabling and/or grotesque physical injuries/birth defects, but do not have the value of a human life. Most see fluffies as easily replaceable as a teddy bear.

Seems like the people who really care would burn out super fast or it’s run by people who are just doing it as a job and must be being paid pretty well. Who is footing the bill anyways? Is there like fluffy philanthropies, and this shelter is run by like a Fluffy Bill Gates with unlimited funds? The inventor of fluffies, perhaps, trying to make small safe space to make amends for all the fluffy suffering he inadvertently created, perhaps?

Curious to what your headcannon answer is. :hugs:

3 Likes

I Was wondering the same thing. I’ve got a friend who is a counselor for a crisis hotline and I know she has mental health care as part of her compensation/benefits package. And she uses it!

1 Like

Actually, I think this is an instance where lack of empathy for fluffies would work in the fluffies’ favor.

Someone who is just doing it as their job because it pays the bills will put lotion on the Litter-Pals and make sure the rehabilitated pillows are getting their physical exercise in, but won’t really become attached to any of the fluffies and won’t stress when one inevitably dies. They could do the job for years if it pays well. And fluffies are so starved for love and attention that they’ll take apathetic indifference any day of the week.

4 Likes

There’s nursing homes out there with staff like that. Sadly.

2 Likes

It’s possible that people who do the job return home to healthy well adjusted fluffies.
Like people who work in dog and cat shelters have healthy very spoiled pets.

( i couldnt work in a shelter i’d want to take them all home. Cats or fluffies )

3 Likes

This is impressively sad for how hugbox the concept is. Good job! I feel terrible!

3 Likes

Thanks for the Compliment! Tldr, it’s similar to a non-profit dog shelter:

Jem’s is a nonprofit, funding comes from generous donors. Just like with dogs and cats, fluffy lovers simply LOVE fluffies. Love seeing them, engaging with them, helping them. Some even claim they prefer fluffies to people. Abused fluffies pull at their heartstrings and wallets in ways abused people never can. Why, celebrities have even opened their own non-profit fluffy shelters.

The largest single donor to “Jem’s No-Kill Shelter For Abused Fluffs”, of course, is “Mace Fluffy Mill & Meat Packing, Inc.”

As for burnout, it is not so bad. Some people love fluffies. This makes volunteering at a fluffy shelter a desirable way to serve the community. Just like dog shelters, we have many volunteers working short term. The few paid staff are totally dedicated to helping fluffies. While Jem’s is a “no-kill” shelter, “no-kill” refers to euthanizing based on time as a resident. A vet terminating a fluffy for medical reasons is acceptable. This allows care, both medical and emotional, to be reserved for residents with a reasonable chance of success.

2 Likes

My pleasure!

1 Like

Wow that title was not what I thought this was going to be.
10/10 would feel despair again

abuse the people too hehe