Yet Another Random Story Idea

So I got this idea after seeing some comments about how the poopie justice trope is overdone.
Though I’ve already been meaning to subvert that trope for my character Coffee’s backstory in a different way, I thought I’d share this second method of subversion.

So I’m of the opinion that a lot of brown fluffies don’t really qualify as “poopie” except in the eyes of dumb fluffies. A nice chocolate brown or caramel color would be far from unsellable because it’s much more pleasing to the eye than neon colors for plenty of people.
However, others are genuinely ugly shades of brown (or dark green/yellow).

The idea here is this: What if some of the nicer colored brown fluffies bullied the uglier colored brown fluffies, and/or distanced themselves from them. “Am pwetty chocowate fwuffy; yu ugwy poopie fwuffy!”
Would they be seen as hypocritical to do this? What would the reaction of the uglier colored fluffy be?

I probably won’t write anything else on this myself, but I just wanted to see if anyone else liked this idea.

PS: To clarify, I’m not suggesting this as a simple color-swap of a normal poopie justice story. Ideally this would have no savior human swooping into to rescue the ugly fluffy and deal out retribution against its tormenters because that is overdone in my opinion.

5 Likes

Porch poopies. I feel like this could go well or poorly. I prefer subversion where the poopie just suffers anyway like how I wrote mine.

2 Likes

"Fwuffy am bwown cos wook wike mahoganee. Yu am bwown cos wook wike poopies.

We am nu da same."

7 Likes

Good story. Even saying it was a subversion here, i was still caught off guard by the ending.

4 Likes