A Heart of Darkness - Chapter 3: The Last Hugbox [by RandomAirPeoples]

In the month I’ve had these fluffies, they’ve grown a lot. They opened their eyes, have begun talking, and are very curious to their environment. The fluffy temperament guide was very spot on, as it was mostly correct to how my foals were developing. Indy was very sensitive and shy, being somewhat of a crybaby. Truffle was very outgoing and playful, always trying to play a game. Flurry was a handful, her exploring habit put her into some close calls but fortunately the safe room was relatively secure. Although Pyra was a bit bossy, she never went into full “bestest babbeh entitlement” which is such a relief. Although they still sleep for the majority of the day, their sleep is broken up into shorter and more frequent naps. I really lucked out with this batch of foals, I only needed to use a sorry stick once to smack against the wall. The snapping noise scared them so much, they quickly corrected their behavior. Even I have noticed some personal improvement, I’ve been sleeping better than I ever have before.

I used my skills from my early days as a Navy Builder, to make a pretty kick ass Saferoom for these little balls of fluff. I used the smallest bedroom in my house, making it fluffy safe and filled with the best gear I could find. I put in a custom nest that can comfortably fit four adult fluffies, a tv fixed only to the fluffy tv network programmed to turn off at bedtime, Star ceiling lights to abate their fear of the dark, more toys than any fluffy could ever hope for, a very nice foal sized litterbox, and a learning game treat dispenser. The walls were painted a gentle sky blue, and the floor I installed a soft easy to clean mat for their hooves to walk on. They’re incredibly spoiled, but they haven’t shown any bratty behavior.

They’re getting close to the age of weaning, but still drink from the bottle several times a day. I feed one at a time, resting them in my arms as they drink the premium grade formula. I guess I’ve grown attached to these little fuckers, it almost melts my heart when they tell me, “Babbeh wub Daddeh”. Next week, I will probably need to buy them foal kibble and mix it with the formula to get them used to semi solid food. When they can finally eat full Kibble, I’ve designated our Friday’s to be “Sketti Day”. I’ll never understand the infatuation with spaghetti, but I’ll be making them my family’s traditional pasta recipe when the time comes. They deserve it at least.

My breeder buddy is impressed with their growth, he almost regrets giving Indy and Flurry to me because of how gorgeous their colors came in. He had asked if I would stud Indy out to a few of his mares, and if he could have a few of Flurry’s first litter. It won’t be for another 3 months until they’re ready, but if they want too I will. He was also impressed with their behavior around truffle, I didn’t realize how bad of a problem “Poopie babbehs” are too other fluffies. Once they’re old enough to be left unattended, I’ll begin doing the major renovations to our home.

Raising fluffies isn’t easy, and its robbed me of most of my free time. I have a lot of work to do to my home and need to start plotting land development. I’m planning on growing some exotic fruits and herbs on my property and cultivating the land even further. I noticed recently in a downstairs coat closet, there was a sizeable hole to the outside. In haste I just taped some saran wrap to discourage pests from barging in, it’ll be the first thing fixed when I have the time. Surprisingly despite living our in the country, I’ve had little encounters with wildlife. Outside of some nasty bugs and a few large birds, it has been very quiet. Unfortunately, I would soon learn that my foals and I were not the only ones living on my property…

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

16 Likes

Just a heads up the “next” button on this story just reloads the page, chapter 4 is directly below it as a hotlink :+1:

Sorry about that. I’ll get it fixed ASAP
Got it squared away, and the rest of the links have been tested, now.

1 Like

You’re too good to us pa :sob::pray:

1 Like