Abandoned Angel Part 17 [author:SpaghettiDave] [id:17461]

Abandoned Angel
Part 17: One Big Broken…

Robert wiped his face. His midsection was being hugged by Robin, a pink and red Pegasus. Robert tried to smile, but, simply put, he was a wreck. His “girlfriend” brought him three crippled fluffies. One currently was on his lap. He sighed again and Robin gave another big fluffy hug. Mary, the girlfriend in question, had turned Robin into a mute. He could only imagine what brought that about.

Robert sat Robin back on his lap, his hands holding onto the tiny ball of fur. “Robin, I want to ask you lots of questions. They are yes and no questions. If the answer is yes, nod your head like this,” and Robert nodded his head. “If the answer is no then shake your head, like this,” and Robert shook his head. “Do you understand?”

Robin nodded his head. His wings fluttered and Robert smiled.

“Good,” Robert wanted to set some ground rules, especially since he had no plans to get rid of these fluffies. Any shelter would destroy them immediately. Besides, they were cute. “Robin, do you like your name?”

The fluffy nodded again, the wings fluttering again. Robin liked his name! It was a nice name!

“Robin is a nice name. Do you like your brothers?” Robert inquired.

Again Robin nodded. Robin wubbed his bwuddews very much!

“Do you like me?” he continued.

Robin nodded his head furiously and lunged forward to hug Robert. Robin wubbed his new daddeh very much!

Robert set Robin back on his lap. “I like you too. Do you like Angel?”

Robin’s head dropped slightly. Robert knew it was a traumatic experience. Angel overreacted and started to beat the foal for peeing on the floor.

“Did you pee on the floor?”

Robin started shivering. He was a bad fluffy! He forgot where the witta bawks was! He didn’t mean to! Bad fluffies get bad owies! Bad fluffies deserve owies! Hesitantly Robin gave a small nod.

“Did you pee on the floor on purpose?”

Robin looked terrified and shook his head as hard as he could. He needed to let his daddeh know he wanted to be a good fluffy!

“So you forgot where the litter box was? And you couldn’t ask Angel where it was.”

Robin’s eyes went wide and he nodded vigorously! Daddeh knew! He was so smart! Daddeh was the best daddeh!

“Robin,” Robert went back to petting the foal, “I’m going to show you where the litter box is. Don’t forget. This is your new home so you can only make pee or poopies in the litter box. Only bad fluffies pee or poop on the floor. If you are a good fluffy then you’ll get lots of hugs and love and nummies. Will you be a good fluffy and remember where the litter box is?”

Robin nodded furiously, he so badly wanted to be a good fluffy.

“Want a hug?” Robert asked, wondering if Mary also neglected them. The Pegasus launched himself into Robert, hugging with everything he had. Robert hugged back, “You’re a good fluffy, Robin.” Robin squeezed tighter.

It had been about a half hour since Robert left Angel to pick up the toys. He returned to the safe room with Robin. He needed to make acquaintances with the rest of the fluffy family. Angel had followed his command, the toys were all in the box except for the stuffed animal Brave was cuddling. He showed Robin where the litter box was. Robert brought Robin over to the litter box, reminding him to not forget.

Angel sat sulking on her bed. It wasn’t fair! Why should she get in trouble for Robin being a bad fluffy? Bright and Brave used the litter box, they were good fluffies. She used the litter box, she was a good fluffy. Sometimes daddeh was a bad daddeh.

Robert set Robin down next to Brave and Bright on the bed. He was upset about Angel’s and refused to acknowledge her. He picked up Brave, the red monochrome unicorn and walked out, returning to the couch. He held Brave as he held Robin, on his lap.

“Brave, do you like your name?”

“Bwave wike name. Ish gud name.” The blind fluffy nodded, sitting still in Robert’s lap.

“Do you like your new home?” Robert knew he couldn’t ask anything complicated, they were too young.

“Bwave wike home. Is gud home.” Robert scratched Brave behind the ears and the fluffy pushed his head into the scratching, enjoying it very much.

“Do you like Angel?”

“Angel ish gud fwuffy. Bwave nu run. Bwave nu wike toys. Bwave nu wike pway.” Brave looked sad, his eyes forever closed to the world. He couldn’t run, couldn’t play ball, couldn’t play any real fluffy games.

“Do you like hugs?” Robert continued, knowing all fluffies loved to hug.

Brave sat up holding out his front legs, “Bwave WUB HUGGIES! Bwave gib bestest huggies!” Brave got the best huggies he ever had EVER! “Wub daddeh!”

As Brave continued to hug, Robert asked about the box, “Do you remember where the litter box is?”

The fluffy nodded against Robert’s abdomen, “Bwave wemembew. Bwave smeww witta bawks.” Of course, Brave could find find it by the smell. Even fresh unused litter had a certain aroma. It made sense to Robert. At least that made training Brave that much easier. But what about toys or keeping him active? Brave had been cuddling and rolling about with the stuffed animal, Robert surmised he would need a few more tactile toys specifically for Brave.

Brave and Robin could be communicated with at least. As far as Robert knew there was no sign language for fluffies. Not that deaf animals were terribly hard to take care of, but a deaf fluffy was going to be a different story. Robert scooped up Brave, pleased with how their first real interactions went, and returned to the safe room. Angel was still moping on the bed with Bright and Robin. All three fluffies were exhausted, Robert was feeling the same.

“Here ya go, buddy.” Robert spoke as he set down Brave in the middle of the fluff pile. “Bright, you’re next.” And he picked up the deaf yellow and blue earth pony and walked out. Yet again he sat on the couch with Bright on his lap. This was the hardest to deal with, so far.

“So, what do I say to you? How do I communicate? You can’t answer, I know that. You know that. How the fuck am I supposed to train and raise a deaf fluffy? And worst of all, if I can’t then you go back to Mary or you go to a shelter. Either option is death.” Robert sighed. Why in the world was he even bothering talking to the fluffy, he wondered. It isn’t like fluffies can read lips, they can’t even read.

Robert grinned at that thought, sometimes he thought he was clever. Sometimes. Bright just sat there, tilting his head back and forth. Once it appeared Robert was done talking and wasn’t petting him or giving him hugs he started chirping, loudly, at Robert. “WAN HUGS!” Bright yelled, and chirped again. Robert gave the fluffy a hug and brought him back to the safe room.

Angel was half asleep on the bed. She was mad. She was tired. She knew her daddeh was mad at her, but she didn’t care. She did, but she wouldn’t admit it. She cared desperately, she couldn’t help but care. She couldn’t help but need the love and affection of her daddeh. But she was mad and fought that feeling down as hard as she could. She had new friends now, she just had to make them into good fluffies. She didn’t need her daddeh anymore. Angel just laid there, in the fluff pile, lying to herself. And lying to herself felt worse than the truth, that she was a bad fluffy and her daddeh was mad at her.

“Angel, come out here. We need to talk.” Robert spoke sternly. He wasn’t in the mood for another fluffy tantrum.

“Nu. Angel sweepy. Angel wawm wif widdle fwuffies.” She didn’t even move to look up, otherwise she would have seen Robert reach down and grab her. “NU! WET DOWN!” her shriek scaring the three brothers.

Robert clamped a hand on her muzzle, forcing her to breathe through her nose and stormed out of the safe room.

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

27 Likes

Thanks to @pillows for reuploading.

2 Likes

At least Robert is trying to help the disabled fluffies adapt, which is a lot more than a lot of people in the fluffy universe seem willing to do.

I really had in mind how I would have reacted. I wouldn’t have wanted dtonjist put them down if it was a disability that could be accommodated

1 Like