Abandoned Angel Part 35 (FB ID: 18575) (By SpaghettiDave)

Abandoned Angel

Part 35: Forever Cyclical

Mary practically skipped to the safe room, she was as giddy as a school girl. She had just got back from leaving Robert a wonderful love note. And soon, so soon, they would be married! Mary threw open the safe room door and cheerily greeted her terrified fluffies, “How are my wonderful bestest fluffies ever?!”

Flame, out right terrified, high strung and constantly stressed, released a torrent of scared poopies over Rose and runt. The trail of smelly shit made a straight line from the bed to the corner of the room where he trembled in fright. Sometimes, just for the hell of it, Mary would scare them, just to give Flame a reason to clean up.

“Now, Flame, that’s no way to greet your mommy. Now you’ve got quite a mess to clean up. And how is my favorite pregnant ball of shit and fur?” Mary walked over and gave Rose a quick scratch under the chin, not daring to get much closer to the filth Flame left.

Runt struggled to get closer to Mary, only small splatters of shit covered his fluff. “Wunt wub mummah…” His breathing quite labored, it was so hard to pull half his body due to his hind legs useless. Wunt wan mummah be happeh, Wunt wan mummah gib owies!” He was so desperate to make Mary happy.

“And I didn’t even have to ask this time? You’re learning so fast, aren’t you?” Mary disappeared for a moment, returning with a steak knife.

Runt’s eyes went wide. The last time she had a knife and hurt him, she cut the muscles and tendons in his legs and wings. “W-wunt wan o-owies…” Mary gripped his ear and quickly sawed off his ear. Not as satisfying, Mary mused, as say, a horn, but his screams were delicious. “W-wub… huuu… mum… huuuu… mummah…”

POUND POUND POUND

The front door. Shit. Mary grabbed Runt’s good ear and whispered, “If you fucking make a sound then mommy will be very unhappy. You don’t want mommy to be unhappy, do you?” Runt covered his muzzle with his hooves and shook his head, his black fur staining with red blood. She tossed the ear and knife absently and stormed out.

“Do you mind answering a few questions for us?” Officer Pence stood in the door way, while his partner stood several feet back.

“Um… sure?” Mary looked confused. It had been a long day for her. She was still anxiously waiting to hear from Robert about the surprise she left him.

“Where were you this afternoon, miss?” Officer Pence couldn’t miss the blood on her hand, nor the yellow and blue fluff on her shirt. He shot his partner a look.

“Well, I just so happened to take the day off from work and spent some time at my boyfriend’s house.” How annoying, Mary thought, didn’t they have better things to do that bother her? She was just starting to have fun with Runt.

“You see, miss…” Officer Pence began.

“What the fuck?” Mary nearly shouted at the officers still standing in her doorway as she grabbed her coat and purse. “Is this going to take long? At least, well, can you give Robert my house keys so he can take care of my fluffies?”

Robert awoke with the fluff pile nestled between himself and Erin. Robin’s head was draped across Robert’s leg, upside down and snoring horribly. Angel and Bright were cuddled together, their rumps hidden under Robin’s back. Erin’s arm stretched across Brave and Angel. It felt so long since Robert smiled. Things felt… what? Better? Definitely. Right? Not quite. Sleep could certainly fix some things, but not all.

Robert slipped out of bed. Coffee for two. Breakfast for five. He set to work, ignoring the smell of bleach. Winter was receding, but he braved the cold air as he opened the window to air out the kitchen as he worked. Erin snuck into the kitchen as he worked. “Maybe you should move?”

“That’s really not a bad idea.” Robert poured two cups of coffee. Neither wanted to set the cups down on the table, it was cleaned, but not forgotten. “New kitchen set. New door locks. Fuck. New kitchen sink.”

“Well, you’ve got to go to the station, why not after go shopping for a new table? I can go with you.” Erin sipped, making a face at the black coffee.

“Shouldn’t you be at work today?” Robert’s vacation was still, barely, in the first week, only three to go.

“I sent an email to the boss. I’ve got plenty of personal time.” Erin fixed up her coffee and tried to fix her hair, the mousy blond strands very uncooperative. “So, how about it?”

“Which? New table or moving?” He still didn’t dare leave the mug on the table, deciding that it would end up outside before the day was out.

“Table.” Her hair finally under control.

He nodded. Drowsily Angel, Robin and Brave trotted into the kitchen. Breakfast for five.

Mary sat at the table in the plain and drab questioning room. Tired. Irritated. The same questions over and over and over. She was forced to stay over night in lock up.

Officer Pence looked over the notes, occasionally stealing glances at Mary. CLICK His finger pushed down on the recorder. “I just want, one last time, to verify what you have said. You entered Robert’s home. With a key?”

“Yes, he gave me the key. We’re engaged. Next month we were going to drive to Vegas and get married.” Mary fidgeted in her seat. The same question, again.

“Mmmhmm. And you left, as you put it, a love note for him to find.”

“Correct.” She was getting very, so very tired of answering the same question.

“And finally, did you do anything to his property? Did you damage anything?”

“Not at all.”

Officer Pence stood up, “You have the right to remain silent…”

Robert sat at Officer Pence’s desk, filling out his statement in full. Time was a funny thing when doing something uncomfortable. Shortly before finishing up, Officer Pence returned. “Good news and bad news.”

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

22 Likes

I feel like this is barely comeuppance for an obsessed, cruel narcissist.