Abandoned Angel Part 53 (FB ID: 18966) (By SpaghettiDave)

Abandoned Angel

Part 53: Picking Up The Pieces

Susan was gracious enough to take the fluffies until there was some news about Robert. They rounded up all four fluffies into the back seat of the Susan’s car. It was not an ideal situation but they did what they could as Susan drove Erin to the hospital. The three adult fluffies were crying, and endless chorus “huuing” punctuated by the foal chirping. It wasn’t long before they had cried themselves out and formed a multicolor fluff pile on the seat of the car.

Susan let Erin out at the emergency entrance and waited. Several short minutes went by before she returned. Erin looked a bit more hopeful. “They couldn’t give me details but… Mary is dead, it’s official.”

“You hear that, guys?” Susan turned back to the fluffies, their eyes peeking out over their hooves. “That meanie monster Mary got forever sleepies.”

“Munsta-Mawy-Mummah foweva sweepies?” Brave asked quietly.

“Yup, Dead. She can’t hurt you guys any more.”

“Whewe daddeh?” Angel piped up. It was the first any of the fluffies asked about Robert.

Erin cleared her throat, trying to sound brave and optimistic. “He got some owies. He’s getting medicine here and will be back real soon.”

Angel pulled herself from the fluff pile. “Daddeh nee huggies! Huggies fiks owies!”

“He’s getting huggies right now.” Erin gave Angel a quick pet, both seemed to satisfy the fluffy and she returned to the fluff pile. Susan returned the group to Erin’s car. The sisters stood outside the vehicle to keep from upsetting the fluffies. “Sis, it’s not good. Well, It’s better than expected…”

The two embraced, Susan remaining quiet while Erin cried it out. “She shot him. She fucking shot him! Three times in the leg and once in the stomach. They said once surgery is over and he’s in a room I can visit. But until then they can’t tell me anything. The nurse I talked to… She said it was looking good but couldn’t tell me anything so I left my number for them to call me if they could tell me anything…”

She clung to her sister, another bout of tears wracked her body. Once Erin calmed down again, Susan finally brought up the task of dealing with the fluffies. The sisters agreed split up the remaining fluffies. Susan offered to take Flame, leaving Erin with Angel, Brave, and Pizza. Susan’s ride home was very quiet. Flame laid on the floor of the front passenger seat, silent, no whimper, no chirp, no crying. Flame didn’t fuss at all when Susan arrived home and carried him from the car to the house. She carried him the entire way to the safe room. Polaris bounded towards Susan, chipper and happy as she had been since the day Susan brought her home.

“Mummah! Nyu fwi… Dat’s daddeh! Daddeh fwuffy!” Polaris pranced around Susan’s legs, her bright blue tail streaming behind her.

Susan sat the near catatonic Flame onto the bed. “Polaris, your daddy had a really bad night. He’s going to need lots of love and hugs. Don’t be loud, okay?”

Polaris tilted her head and whispered, “yesh mummah.” Slowly she trotted over to Flame, his eyes unfocused, looking at the filly, but not seeing. “Daddeh fwuffy? Wan huggies?” Her voice still a whisper.

“Powawis babbeh?” He looked confused and sat up. An unfamiliar room again. Lots of toys and a soft bed. Soosen, his babbeh’s new mummah had a saddie smile, he was so confused. Flame sat on his rump.

“Huggies fow daddeh.” Polaris shoved her tiny body against Flame’s chest and gave him the biggest huggies she could. Flame hugged her back with the biggest chest owies.

Erin wrestled with the burden of carrying two adult fluffies and a foal. Neither of the adults would allow her to set them down, neither of the adults would let their foal, Pizza out of their sight. She had to force them into the back seat of her car. Once in the car, Erin could see them passing the foal back and forth, giving it hugs. The car was mostly quiet, except for the distressed chirping of Pizza, the foal was clearly hugged out.

“C’mon out guys.” Erin herded the fluffies out of the car, helping them down. Pizza, nestled comfortably in Angel’s fluff, finally stopped his chirping. The followed close to Erin’s heels and she had to carefully tread to not step on the fluffies. The moment the door was open Angel peeked her head into the strange house and dashed for the coffee table. Brave, only steps behind her, bashed his head into the leg of the table. He tried to rub his head with his hooves as she scooted under.

“Well… Shit.” Erin sat down on the couch, unable to look away from the swishing green tail sticking out from underneath. She wasn’t prepared for this. She wasn’t prepared for any of this. Erin finally broke down and cried.

Angel peeked her head out from under the table. Ewen-Mummah was making loud sad wawa. Angel and Brave had been making loud sad wawa for a long time until Ewen-Mummah took them. Angel wanted to make more sad wawa, but her face and eyes were hurting. She missed her babbehs. She missed her daddeh. Brave whispered to Angel, “wet Ewen-Mummah howd Pizza.” Brave was right, Pizza made them make less sad wawa.

Angel scooted from underneath the coffee table and held up the little brown foal. “Ewen-Mummah, Pizza?”

Erin sniffled and wiped her eyes, of course they would be hungry. “I don’t have pizza, I’ll find you something to eat.”

Brave chirped, “NU! NU NUM WAST BABBEH!” He curled on his side and rubbed his stomach, terrified of the possibility of eating his last foal.

Angel pulled the foal back into an embrace. “Ewen-Mummah nu num babbeh! Babbeh fow huggies!”

“What are you talking about eating babies?” Erin was positively confused.

“Ewen-Mummah nu num Pizza!” Angel squeezed the foal harder as it chirped into her fluff. Erin’s confused look didn’t go away, causing Angel to get more agitated. “Dis gud babbeh, nu num Pizza.” Her agitation quickly turned to sadness. She knew Ewen-Mummah was a gud hoomin, so she mustered her resolve and held out Pizza. “Pizza wast babbeh, best babbeh… Babbeh nu nummies. Babbeh fow huggies…”

It clicked. “You named your foal Pizza? Why did you name your foal Pizza?”

“Angel nu gud at babbeh name…”

Brave’s sobbing subsided, and he mumbled, “dat wight.”

Erin took the foal from Angel, he was still so tiny. He wandered around her lap on shaky legs. “Mummah?” Pizza looked at Erin and when she didn’t respond fast enough he chirped loudly. Angel couldn’t see the foal on her lap, but Erin couldn’t help but notice that Angel was holding her tail with her hooves, a panicked expression on her fluffy face.

Erin scooped up the foal and held him out to Angel. Her tail dropped to the floor and she grabbed Pizza. “Babbeh nee miwk?” The foal chirped as Angel crawled back under the coffee table and laid on her side, nursing the foal.

The house, Erin realized, was in no way prepared for fluffies. While the three seemed content under the coffee table, they certainly couldn’t stay there indefinitely. Erin put her home-making abilities to use and created a makeshift litter box and bed. She couldn’t bring herself to go out and buy kibble, not tonight, so she rummaged in her fridge and filled a bowl full of vegetables.

The weight of the day finally hit Erin and she collapsed onto the bed. The exhaustion was ready to drown her in sleep until Angel softly spoke up, “Mummah, can fwuffies sweepie wif yu?” Angel was sitting on her rump, holding her tail, briefly Erin wondered if that was a new nervous tick she picked up from getting pregnant or from the incident with Mary.

“Sure, you three can sleep in here.” Erin slept, comforted by the fluffies from the broken home.

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

18 Likes

My disappointment is great and my day is ruined. Mary died without suffering while an army of fluffies died horribly.

4 Likes

Is it just your job to swoop in on an abuse fluffy post and overreact and blow shit out of proportion?

2 Likes

You’re goddamn right.

It’s not much, but it’s honest work.

Tho it was more on the meme-y side in this case. (Hence my references here).

But to an extent, it’s a rather common reaction when people who commit heinous crimes “get off the hook” more or less easily, as opposed to their victims.

You know, the old “Your friend/loved one/dog/potato was killed, but I avenged them”?

If you play any games which include at least a quest like that, you’ll notice that the relative will rarely be pleased with the outcome, even if the perpetrator died.

Of course, it’s more of a monke brain thought. Because, you know. They died. It’s literally the ultimate punishment. And if you did the same thing to them you wouldn’t be any better.

1 Like

She missed the knees