Am Jus' Widdow Subspecies (by guritchu)

Just something that popped into my mind after @infraredturbine posted something they had in mind today that I had to doodle.

Disclaimer: before you cry whatever -ism appropriate for me making fun of demi theythems, I simply find it weird that people are trying to shoehorn pronouns and sexualities into retarded hamster horses who are still here just to suffer.

Honestly, whatever message I could write in here, Turbine has already said in the post I linked, so go there and read it.

50 Likes

<3

1 Like

I love that Sparkleshy has a reddit cutie mark.

16 Likes

11 Likes

Yep. I’m genderqueer and absolutely not straight, and I don’t get making fluffies whatever thing their creepy little brains can’t understand. Just because they can speak, it doesn’t make them human. Fluffies performing homosexual acts is fine; it’s been documented in loads of species. Even intersex fluffies are acceptable, so long as they’re portrayed with thought.

But trans fluffs? They haven’t got the brain capacity, nor have they got culturally defined gender roles the same way humans do. Without gender roles, the need to be transgender diminishes or vanishes entirely. Let’s not even get into things like demi or ace. Fluffies are animals that exist on instinct. They barely have a concept of monogamy, much less anything more complex.

I can see MLP getting into that territory, but not fluffies. MLP’s are magical. Fluffies are the result of playing G-d, and doing it poorly. You might as well train a hamster to be a drag queen.

(This kind of attitude has gained me enemies elsewhere. So glad you guys get it. I understand creating sues, but that’s what MLP fandom is for.)

18 Likes

I completely get where you’re coming from. Despite edgy 4chan humor that includes all kinds of -isms and -phobias, I can draw a line between dumbass jokes and the reality of treating people like people, as long as they can extend same kind of respect.

But like I said, shoehorning that crap as legitimate stuff fluffies come up with? No, that’s too much and you draw valid points about instincts and lack of complex social concepts.

I get that they might be taught these things by their owners or by observing human society. Red Baron’s comic is very much about that and I love how change of his environment reflects change in his perception of the world.

But fluffy homosexuality flags? Miss me with that gay shit.

7 Likes

I would have to (somewhat) disagree on this depending on the scenario and how they’re being written. Feral ones are usually written with a defined gender role, the failure of which usually resolves in the death of the mare/foals. The mares in a herd often don’t see much representation in power either, most stories being written with a stallion as the leader and the mares expected to just sit around taking care of foals/be objects for sex. There’s little in the way or even reason to much explore this in stories where they’re pets because their needs are catered to and their societal obligations are informed largely by their owners than their peers.

But that’s really getting away from the main point here, that being Reddit is gay

10 Likes

Absolute top kek

3 Likes

That’s exclusively based on reproduction, though. They’re sex roles, not gender roles. Fluffies know mares have foals and stallions give enfies. Without milk, babies die. Prior to sexual maturity, all fluffies are treated the same. If they had true gender roles, fillies would be expected to stay in the nest while colts explored. There’s more argument for colour roles than gender roles, even into adulthood. Even enfies are just treated as holes without other traits.

6 Likes

Pwushie reminds me of ‘Doughboy’. I cannot describe to you what Doughboy is, you should Google ‘Doughboy pitbull’ to see the picture.

I have been thinking of a new type of fluffy that’s been bred into oblivion to change its characteristics, although I wouldn’t call it a new subspecies, I’m not a big fan of those

1 Like

Hey!!! its one of my boys

5 Likes

Be like pwushie. LGBT propaganda is banned in Russia, so everyone is like a pwushie.

1 Like

No, because those are ponies and Plushie is a fluffy.

1 Like

I love that even the LGBTQIA+ members of the FC agree. You cant assign human genders or argue for the human rights of fluffy ponies to be acknowledged as their gender, because they are not human.

There are ways to show a fluffy pony as trans, gay/lesbian/intersex whatever, in the context of a story and there’s several good stories on here where the fluffy’s view of themselves is relevant to the plot.

But I hate every single one panel, boring pose, color chart, listing their pronouns and sexuality, no actual story being told “OC” bullshit i see on this site with the fire of a thousand suns. I have never encountered another queer, even in queer spaces, who ‘introduces’ themselves like that. That is the dominion of delusional children who are terminally online roleplaying and furries, and none of that media belongs in FC.

Dont get me wrong, I am a very proud and very vocal advocate for LGBTQIA+ rights and human rights in general out in the meatspace. I can absolutely respect a human’s pronouns and a human’s identity, but those discussions are for other forums, as Fluffy Community’ focus is fluffy ponies.

BUT FLUFFY PONIES DON’T USE PRONOUNS. Not in a bigot way, in a language mechanics way. they refer to themselves and others by their herd status, their name, or just “fwuffy.”

12 Likes

tbh when I did my pride story thing I just had them loudly declare their love for poopie places. Not to be an asshole but because they’re so stupid and blunt that of course it’d boil down to that exclusively.

5 Likes

to me it reeks of pandering for pandering’s sake, or trying to appeal to us fags by bringing it into the equation. and it feels a lot like the tumblr/twitter phenomenon of people using “i’m just a little queer uwu u can’t criticize me”

the posts i’ve seen in lgbt haven’t been like that, fwiw. i’ve enjoyed those

5 Likes

Yeah, but your story was about rainbow consumerism and the tone-deafness of executives pandering to minority groups. That’s a totally different situation.

(You did a great job, btw. :sparkling_heart:)

5 Likes

Fucking christ I HATE character sheets. (sort of related is that I loathe “hi im new” posts) like BITCH PLEASE just throw down some fire art or a story and introduce yourself and your concepts in a better way than your Just Standing There™ M’gary S(t)ue. Do not tell us your character, show us your character. Express yourself without the drivel for FUCK SAKE.

9 Likes

I want this comment put on my headstone when I die.

Crafty’s I mean. Since Discourse is retarded and won’t let us reply to posts above ours.

3 Likes

Since gender is a purely human form of expression I just assumed you were making a point about how smart that fluffy was. I don’t think that’s offensive. /shrug

1 Like