Barren Glory Part 4 by Karn

After following the green stallion for quite awhile, each step further digging and tearing into her soft hooves, Glory was relieved when they finally stopped near a rotted out log, the opening of which had been lined with leaves and dried grass. Lying down on the make-shift bedding, the green stallion beckoned Glory to join him, tilting his head towards the log.

“Nyu fwend nee’ tu west. Come way wiff fwuffy nyu fwend!”

Cautiously, Glory approached the nest, wanting to rest but still shaken from the attack. As she made her way over, the dirty log looking rather inviting, Glory looked to the green stallion, a nervous glimmer in her eye.

“…Wai meanie wiwd fwuffy gib Gwowy huwties? An’ wai wiwd wan wingie fwuffy yeww wike Gwowy gib huwties…”

With a look of fear and concern, the green stallion shook his head slowly at Glory.

“Nyu fwend nu caww dem dat…”

“Wat?”

“Nu caww Wascaww meanie…and nu caww bwu fwend wan wingie…nu tawkies bout’ dat…an’ wat am wiwd mean?”

Puzzled, Glory didn’t quite know how to explain it. She assumed that the wild fluffy knew that it was a wild fluffy.

“Yu an’ fwends am wiwd fwuffies. Dat mean yu nu wiv in howsie, wike Gwowy du…”

“Yu hab howsie! Wewe am nyu fwends’ howsie?”

Suddenly it dawned on her. Glory didn’t know where her house was, and even if she did, her human mamma was so angry with her. The reality of it sinking in, Glory began to cry, realizing she was homeless.

“*huuu…huuu…huuu…Gwowy nu kno wewe howsie am…*huuu…huuu…huuu…Gwowy’s hoomin mummah yeww at Gwowy an nao Gwowy tink hoomin mummah nu wuv Gwowy nu mowe…”

Rising from the nest, the green stallion walked over beside Glory, putting his hooves around her, holding her tightly.

“It am otay nyu fwend. Fwuffy nu hab hommin daddeh nu mowe edah. Owd hoomin daddeh gib fwuffy ba’ huwties an fwuffy wun way’. Wai nyu fwend wun way’?”

Her feelings conflicted, as the hug was soothing and warm, but thinking about what had happened made her heart sink, Glory started to bawl even harder, shaking as her tears fell onto the green stallion’s fluff.

“*huuu…*huuu…*huuu…Gwowy nu wun way’! Gwowy nu kno wat hap’n! *huuu…huuu…huuu…Gwowy tink sum’tin wong wiff Gwowy, an’ nao hoomin mummah no wan Gwowy nu mowe! *huuu…huuu…huuu…”

“Wat am wong wiff nyu fwend? Nyu fwend wook otay tu fwuffy.”

“…nu kno…*sniffle”

The green stallion held Glory for a long time, petting her softly with his hoof as he consoled her. After several minutes, he suddenly grinned, a wide smile on his face as he looked to his new pegasus friend.

“Fwuffy hab bestest pwan! Nyu fwend come wiff Wascaww an fwends! Fwuffies am on qu…que…am goin’ tu a pwace dat can hewp bwu fwend! Ma’be can hewp nyu fwend tu!”

The stallion had become so excited that he took his hooves off of Glory and instead held her’s, with the stallion suddenly standing awkwardly on his hind legs and…dancing?

Not really understanding what the stallion was doing or saying to her for that matter, Glory smiled regardlessly. Her heart was still broken, but the fact that her new friend was trying so hard to help her made it slightly better.

“Wewe am pwace dat can me’be hewp Gwowy?”

Without an ounce of his bouncing enthusiasm lost, the stallion shrugged.

“Nu kno. Buh Wascaww du! Am Wascaww’s pwan tu hewp bwu fwend!”

After a few seconds of the stallion dancing, Glory, slightly blushing, stood up as well, rising with a grace that her lithe figure allowed far easier than the bulky stallion. Unsure of what to do, she simply moved her back legs like her new friend was, smiling and laughing as she did.

24 Likes

The new place is the fluffy shelter, where an abuser will pick up glory and num her leggies.

Jk lol. At least glory isn’t a smarty so I have some misplaced hope for survival

5 Likes

yeah this is a far softer story than The Fourth of July

2 Likes

I got that vibe. Still a good story tho.

Wish I could write this good tbh

3 Likes

And you can. all it takes is practice.

2 Likes

Read more, practice more. Start small. Everyone starts somewhere, and they’re never as good at the start as they’ll be if they keep at it. Every game, movie, etc., talk I’ve heard says fail fast, fail often, your first 10-anything will be pretty awful, so get them out of the way :wink:

5 Likes

This

2 Likes

Nice comforting chapter :blush:I wonder what rascal know that can help them,he knows a vet?

2 Likes