Barren Glory Part 5 by Karn

After several minutes of dancing, Glory was exhausted. She and the green stallion had both fallen over, panting as they laid on the soft forest grass. Turning to the green stallion, she smiled, still trying to catch her breathe.

“Dat…dat am suuuuu funsies! Hao offen du fwuffy fwend du dat?”

Laughing as he looked to Glory, his chest still heaving, the stallion couldn’t fathom what the house pegasus was asking him.

“Fwuffies du dancies awot! Nyu fwend nu dancie befowe?”

“…Nu…Gwowy nu dancies…nebah knu Gwowy cud…”

Shaking his head, the green stallion crawled over next to her. Licking her on her cheek, he then began to nuzzle her.

Nyu fwend siwwy fwuffy…buh am gud at dancies…"

Lost in the simple and friendly attentions of the stallion, neither Glory nor the green stallion heard the approaching fluffy, the pair jumping as they heard her shout.

“Mowe wike dummeh meanie fwuffy!”

Both standing suddenly, Glory and the green stallion saw the pink unicorn, staring angrily at the pair.

“Pink fwend! Gib fwuffy an’ nyu fwend wowstest scardies. An’ Wascaww nu wike wen fwuffies say ba’ wowds…nu caww nyu fwend dummeh!”

Walking up to both of them, the pink unicorn continued to stare daggers through Glory as she continued to yell.

“Nu cawe! Dummeh meanie fwuffy gib huwties an owies tu fwuffy’s mow’f! An’ wen fwuffy wus twyin’ tu sabe dummeh meanie fwuffy!”

Trying to diffuse the situation, Glory walked closer to the pink unicorn and apologized.

“Gwowy nu mean tu gib huwties. Gwowy nu cud see an’ wus su scawed…”

“NU CAWE!!! Yu am dummeh an’ meanie an’ fwuffy nu wike yu!”

Ending her insult by blowing a raspberry, the pink unicorn seemed inconsolable. Trotting up beside her, the green stallion placed himself between the two, fearing the argument might come to blows.

“Nyu fwend Gwowy nu am meanie pink fwend! Am onwy scawdies dat wose howsies an’ hoomin mummah.”

The grim reminder of her plight struck Glory unexpectedly. The brief affections and fun she had enjoyed with the green stallion distracted her enough to soothe her grief briefly. But hearing about it again, after the cruel pink unicorn had scared and yelled at her, it was too much for Glory to bear. Falling to the ground before the wild fluffies, she began to weep anew.

“*huuu…huuu…huuu…Gwowy nu am meanie…*huuu…huuu…huuu …ow dummeh. Gwowy wan gu home!..*huuu…huuu…huuu”

Placing his hooves around her, the green stallion tried to console Glory, a saddened stare cast at the pink unicorn as he held her.

"It am otay Nyu fwend Glory. Nu be sad. Fwuffies wiww hewp yu. Taek yu to feew betah pwace, wike wiff bwu fwend… "

Shocked by what the green stallion had said, the pink unicorn gasped, her hoof rising to her mouth.

“WAT!!! Nyu dummeh meanie fwuffy nu gu wiff fwuffies! Fwuffy nu wan!”

"Buh…buh nyu fwend Gwowy nee’ hewp. Nu wan nyu fwend Gwowy tu hab heawt huwties. Wan hewp… "

“Weww dat nu am ups tu yu gween fwend!”"

“…Nu am ups tu yu edah pink fwend…”

Eyes wide as she turned, the pink unicorn saw that Rascal had crept up behind them, a severely unamused expression on his face. Looking to the green stallion, he shook his head slowly as he approached his friend, confused by his motives.

“Wai gween fwend teww howsie fuffyy bout’ qwest? Dat nu am pawt uf pwan!”

“Buh…buh…nyu fwend Gwowy nee’ hewp…Gwowy tink dat Gwowy am bwoken…wike bwu fwend…”

Stomping his front hoof, Rascal snorted angrily, glaring at the green stallion.

“NU SAY DAT!!! BWU FWEND NU AM BWOKEN!!!”

Rolling her eyes and speaking under her breath, the pink unicorn clearly disagreed.

“Den wai fwuffies twy an’ findies speciaw feew betah pwace…”

A sudden glance in her direction from Rascal quickly silenced her, the pink unicorn now looking to the forest floor. Walking over to Glory, the sullen pegasus still sobbing on the ground, the red stallion sighed.

“Fwuffies hab nu timesies tu watchu howsie fwuffy. Wascaww nee’ tu hewp fwend fwuffies. Wascaww nu kno yu. Yu am nu fwuffy fwend tu Wascaww. Fwuffies weavin’ eaw’we next bwite time. Yu nu come wiff. Twy an’ fowwow fwuffies an’ Wascaww maek yu sowwy yu evah bown…”

Looking up at Rascal, the fearsome stallion didn’t look nearly as angry as his words let on. To Glory, he looked rather…sad. Walking between them, the green stallion started to yell, the smaller fluffy clearly surprising Rascal.

“NU BE MEANIE TU NYU FWEND GWOWY!!! POOW GWOWY NU HAB WOTS UF FWENDS WIKE WASCAWW!!!”

His mouth hanging open for a moment, Rascal stared at the green stallion, wide eyed from shock. Shaking off the green stallion’s sudden bravery, Rascal spoke, his tone soft but firm.

“…Gween fwend…yu nu kno howsie fwuffy. Yu jus’ meet howsie fwuffy dis bwite time…an’ it alweady nu am easy tu find nummies an wawa fow aww fwuffies…Da weaves an’ gwassies hewe am otay buh wen fwuffies gu furdah an’ furdah in da woodsies, nummies nu am su easy tu find…”

Not backing down, the green stallion walked closer, looking upward to stare Rascal in the face.

“…Fwuffy nu cawe!”

“Wascaww onwy wan tu hewp fwends. Nu can hewp howsie fwend tu.”

“Nu cawe!”

“FWUFFIES CUD GU FOWEBA SWEEPIES!!! IF WASCAWW TWY AN’ HEWP NYU HOWSIE FWUFFY, DAT AM TIMESIES DAT WASCAWW CAN NU HEWP ODAH FWENDS, NU CAN HEWP YU!!!”

“NU CAWE!!! DEWW AM NU WEASON TU BE IF FWUFFIES NU HEWP FWUFFIES!!! FWUFFY GU FOWEBA SWEEPIES OVAH NU GIB HEWPIES!!! YU AM COWAWD WASCAWW!!!”

Crying as he finished his insult, the green stallion trotted back to the side of Glory, holding her as she wept. Rascal was in shock. His friend has never spoken to him that way, in all the days he had known him. Finally shaking off the confrontation, Rascal spoke again, calmly.

“Aw’wite…howsie fwuffy can come wiff fwuffies. Buh howsie fwffy kno dis. If howsie fwuffy nu keep up, put Wascawws’ fwends at wisk, Wascaww weave yu awone in woodsies. Otay?!”

Speaking for his new friend, the green stallion nodded.

"…Tank yu Wascaww…Fwuffy wook afta Gwowy… "

Clearly flustered by the whole conversation, Rascal trotted away, heading back in the direction of the blue pegasus, with the pink unicorn giving a nasty glance toGlory and the green stallion before leaving as well, leaving the green stallion alone to console his broken new friend.

21 Likes

This is so sad and so good. You convey Glory’s feelings the right way. The poor thing has done literally nothing wrong and she was thrown out like a broken toy. And in the context from where she came from, I expected either a neck snap or abandonment. Bravo, my friend.

3 Likes

Thanks
I’m glad you like it so far

2 Likes

Always been a fan of motivated abuse over the more simplistic (but still enjoyable) “I see fluffy, I hurt fluffy/punish way more than I ought to”. And her owner’s response is very believable “I need you because you fetch me money/prizes/notoriety. If you can’t do it, then goodbye”. Sadly like a lot of employers actually do.

Edit: plus, different fluffy behaviour and personal morals. It’s so good to see.

4 Likes

Really enjoying this!

2 Likes

Good
I’m liking how it has turned out so far.

2 Likes

Sooo we have a pinky mare semi bitch, i understand cause she got hit unintentionally by glory if she keep being a bitch, she be bitch unless she was jealous? :thinking:

2 Likes