Breeding Unit Construction Guide (by Booperino)

From Fortunes storyline, Breeding Unit 4 , i never showed how a “proper” breeding unit is supposed to be like, so here’s a handy guide. (yeah i was inspired by the industrial abuse pics i saw today XP how can you tell)

tldr: fluffys made to become tools from birth so they never feel the stress and mental breakdown that could cause stillbirths and miscarriages once they are old.

69 Likes

I… I think this is the time I curl up into fetal position under the couch and hide away from mankind. Already somewhat of a misanthrop but holy heck, if fluffies were real and people did this… nope… Time to go full hermit somewhere on a desolated island. :no_mouth:

17 Likes

Can a Fluffy who doesn’t comprehend loss still be classed as sadbox?

Ah the moral quadries of fuzzy horse-pigs.

16 Likes

on the “brighter side” this is a process so absurdly hard and costly to maintain that

A: very few breeding units exist
B: the public is very against this even before fluffy-as-animals laws are passed in my headcanon
C: it became extremely unprofitable and a waste of money once the feral boom happened.
D: Before, these went for fluffmarts and foal in a cans, now they are only being bought by Hasbio at a huge loss as they bleed money in their business and legal nightmare of a breakdown near the end of the era of the biotoys (where the non-weirdbox booperverse happens)

11 Likes

What about the effects of persistent sensory deprivation?

5 Likes

the idea i had (and im not a medic to know if it would work XD) is that by doing the sensory deprivation from birth and not letting its senses develop would lead to creatures that just plainly exist, no feelings or stimuli to compare to it’s current state, as long as the reproductory, respiratory and digestive systems work properly its considered a success.

7 Likes

Well, it’s probably cheaper than growing fluffies in a vat.

But the cheapest method would just be a pen of unfixed fluffies.

4 Likes

Well, cheaper setup but less control and slower rate of output. More chances of product getting damaged. Of unintended matings. Of unoptimized ones.

This is about harsh optimization. An idea that would be at home in The Matrix.

5 Likes

I prefer the term “industrialised evil”.

6 Likes

First of all, I really wanna use this idea/design in some story
and second, those medical terms and tips are quite professional… Boop? You ok? Deleted your browser history? lmfao

5 Likes

Industrial abuse is fascinating. It’s so … not amoral but… Hrm… Fluffy cosmic horror. But more than that we can comprehend the cold, uncaring logic. And it should be frightening since hey, how many of us exist as part of a similar system? Maybe not wholly but they do touch our lives…

5 Likes

And behind the veil? My chicken and eggs. And beef. Dairy. It’s something folks know about but don’t think about.

4 Likes

lmao trust me my medical knowledge goes as far as Trauma Center on the DS, whatever crazy stuff i put in this is thanks to the weird stuff i see here plus possibly horror games or something xD

And yeah if you wanna use this idea in a story sometime, feel free to do so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, I know. But I still eat meat. I still drink milk.

Have I ever said that I’m not evil? I try to be nice, sure, but that doesn’t mean I’m not evil.

Shit, if I was rich and powerful, I’d be Hank Scorpio.

5 Likes

I like the baby slide. It adds whimsical fun to the horror movie level industrial cruelty.

4 Likes

Not saying you were or weren’t. Just that the beauty is storytelling is you can get folks to consider things.

3 Likes

It made me think of @Carpdime’s work. I was looking at some of their older stuff, the industrial stuff, and it’s really thought out.

3 Likes

Well, that’s still more than me, because everything I know about medicine, I learned from Dr. Mario.

4 Likes

yup was one of the inspirations for this one, the slide in the foal in a can one

3 Likes

how can dr mario be wrong?! if youre sick down all the pills untill the sickness is dead! it works! i think!

3 Likes