Building a Three-Way Translator ESP/ENG/FLUFF

Dm me if you’d like the link, i guess?

Or add words in the comments and I’ll type it in myself later.

I’m combing through the guides built by Fey as well as the huge guide written by Larur

I’m fluent English but my Spanish is rough i’m only a year in on Duolingo.

Because a little thing like a language barrier shouldn’t keep us from enjoying the murder and dismemberment of imaginary animals.

Envíame un mensaje si quieres el enlace, ¿supongo? O agregue palabras en los comentarios y las escribiré yo mismo más tarde. Estoy revisando las guías creadas por Fey, así como la enorme guía escrita por Larur. Hablo inglés con fluidez pero mi español es difícil. Solo llevo un año en Duolingo.

Porque una pequeña cosa como la barrera del idioma no debería impedirnos disfrutar del asesinato y desmembramiento de animales imaginarios.

15 Likes

You beautiful motherfucker, you’re doing god’s work. o7

4 Likes

I *need to know. Why is Loco Counting?!?!?

1 Like

My gf is a fluent spanish speaker but she finds the spanish baby talk Infuriating and wont help me translate. so, we gonna build a tool that can help us on BOTH sides of the language divide.

3 Likes

1 Like

LOLolololllllolOOOOOL
OK, seriously though, it’s usually even simpler than that: Change some letter/s into some others, and presto, even Google translate can figure it out. Note though, that the ‘figures of speech’ used by some authors is very different in different languages, or the more obvious translations are wrong. Forever sleepies example is great one of the latter.

I’ve been back-translating Nessie’s stuff back into passable Spanish, because then at least it makes a little sense to people who can read but not speak it, or can speak it but don’t want to read that fluffy speak. >:)

Like her!

Hmm, probably good idea to provide CSV links if I contribute to this. That way you can just import it directly into Excel/Sheets/Calc.

1 Like

Real community shit :raised_hands::sparkles::dizzy: Love to see it

1 Like

A great contribution to this community, may I make a suggestion?
why not add a list of phrases, Fluffies, often tend to repeat sentences for specific situations.

2 Likes

if you can think of any specific phrases we see a lot in english or spanish, lmk and i will add it to my pile

1 Like

The Amazing @Larur providing the proper spanish that we can translate from.

Vocabulario Fluffy! - Una guía para el habla de los fluffys en español (By Larur)

WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN, MASON!?