By Threads - Inspired By Infraredturbine (H83r)

https://old.reddit.com/r/fluffycommunity/comments/mnqoq3/by_threads_reddith83r/

I just thought to post this after this came back up yesterday:

@Chikahiro
@Booperino

This was what happened last time @infraredturbine inspired me to write about a fluffy experiment. So maybe not as awful as I would have led you to believe!

I think y’all will enjoy this one.

I’m going to refrain from writing a follow-up to the stockade experiment in favor of getting through OVERHAUL. Plus I need to read some more of The Sam Adam’s Guide at some point.

5 Likes

That was preety good, i just felt bad for the coward one ;~; lol
altho, considering the square-cube law, i wonder if those that fell really died :thinking: food for thought lol

1 Like

The floor is lava.

If I am able to revisit my headspace at the time, I likened micro fluffies to have the rough density of your average sized peach.

Ever seen what happens to a ripe peach when it falls from the tree?

Thank you kindly for reading!

2 Likes

ah fair enough! still surprised how well organized they became at the end

I think at the time I was reading the classic fluffy stories. “Listen To Smarty” comes to mind. I was tempted to go the whole “childish bickering causes total system collapse” angle but it didn’t match what I got from turbine’s work.

It also struck me as a bit trite to have fluffies go out of their way to get themselves killed like this. So, I decided upon an effective smarty, whose tactics are still a little prejudiced and harsh.

Something something metaphor for the reality of many justice systems.

2 Likes

Good read. I enjoyed this. I’m wondering if these were domestic micros or raised to be feral-like? I’d think ferals, used to predation, would appreciate having a place to hide.

I believe they were domestic. I don’t recall ever subscribing to the idea that micros could survive in the wild – they’re even more small and defenseless than regular fluffies!

Some folks like @infraredturbine and @mutagen have portrayed them being like mice. High breeding prey species that get into homes: in crawl spaces, under floors, in the walls, etc.

That sounds awful!

It is interesting, though.

And something I did inspired by it:

1 Like