Cherry and Brian B.S. 1: Cherry's Caffeine Conundrum (Star-The-Alicorn)

@Jaro45 @Lothmar (I decided to tag you two, because when I made the original coffee picture you seemed like you wanted to know when I made more. Here ya go!)

This takes place before Cherry meets Switchy, and when it’s just him and Brian. It’s also canon. This text post is based off of this artwork I did months ago: Seventh Request Done! (Star-The-Alicorn)

Cherry wandered around the house aimlessly. Brian had left a couple hours ago, swearing about how he was late for work and couldn’t finish his “coffee”, whatever that was. Cherry batted a toy back and forth here, napped there. All in all, a boring day.

Until he heard a small clunk and splash from the kitchen. Cherry perked up from his bed with a “Wha?”. The red alicorn blinked tiredly and stretched. He yawned, leapt from the bed and padded into the kitchen. There, he smelt the strange, burnt smell of something Brian always drank in the morning.

When he entered the kitchen, he saw a cup had toppled off of the counter and onto the wooden floor. A light brown liquid had spilled from the cup, making it pool on the floor. Was this coffee?

Cherry sat down in front of the brown-ish puddle and contemplated it for a moment. Brian had said that it helped him wake up in the morning.

Well, Cherry was pretty tired now, so… Why let it go to waste?

He leaned down and lapped at the puddle. He purred at the taste. Sugary and creamy! No wonder Brian liked it so much! Cherry thought he might have liked it even better than spaghetti.

After he drank it, he sat there for a few seconds. Nothing happened. Sighing disappointedly, he turned back towards his bed, ready to go back to sleep.

Yet after a few minutes, he was tossing and turning. He couldn’t sleep! He was no longer tired. He wanted to play. He ran over to his toys and started smacking his ball around with fervor. His eyes dilated as he tracked the movement, and he skittered after it.

Then, he just had way to much energy. He couldn’t just solve this by playing.

He. Needed. To. Run.

Cherry picked a random direction and sped off, mimicking tire screeching noises. The noises he made reminded him of a favorite movie of his that featured talking cars.

“Chewwy! Am! SPEEEEEEEEEED!” Cherry screamed, running circles around the dining room table. He tripped over one of the table’s supports, faceplanted, and got right back up. He didn’t give a flying fuck if he was injured; He was high as balls right now. He screeched to a halt sideways, winking at nothing. “Ka-CHOW!” He yelled. He sprinted along, feeling his lungs burn with exertion and exhilaration.

“WHEEEEEEEE-”

WHACK

He smacked headfirst into the couch.

“Huh?” He tried to step backwards. His head didn’t move an inch. He was stuck! His horn was keeping him embedded in the couch cushions! He gasped.

“Meanie couchie thingy! Wet Chewwy go!” He struggled, kicked and strained, all to no avail. No dice, he wasn’t free. He huffed and sat down, his lower lip wobbling. At least he didn’t hurt anywhere. But all he could do was wait for Brian to come home so he could fix this. There, he sat and pouted.

“Cherry, I’m home!” Brian called.

“Huu huuu, Bwian, hewp Chewwy!” Brian heard his fluffy call.

“Cherry? What’s wrong, you hurt?”

“N-Nu, but am stuck! Pwease hewp! Nu wike!” Cherry exclaimed.

“What do you mean-” He rounded the couch, and saw the silly little colt with his horn embedded in the couch. He snickered, tried to stifle it, then burst into laughter. He laughed so hard his sides began to hurt.

“Hahaha! Cherry, what did you do to get yourself like thahahat?” Brian wheezed. He wiped at his eyes, tears of mirth having wet them.

Cherry stomped a hind hoof, his tail swishing back and forth in irritation. “Nu am funny! Chewwy find sweet miwkies on fwoow, dwink miwkies and nu couwd stop wunning! Den wan into couchie by accident! Jus’ hewp Chewwy!”

“Okay, okay, lemme help you.” He gently took the base of Cherry’s horn between his thumb and forefinger. Cherry yelped, suddenly nervous.

“Huu, n-nu puww Chewwy’s hown off Bwian!”

“I’ll be careful, I promise.”

With a twist here and a tug there, Cherry was free. His horn popped out of the couch and Cherry fell over onto his back. Brian chuckled. Then Cherry leapt up and sped off again, audibly crashing into walls and other furniture.

“HEY! BE CAREFUL- Oh, forget it.” Brian rolled his eyes and huffed. Cherry was high on coffee right now, and the only way for him to chill the fuck out was to get it out of his system. He stared at the hole Cherry had made in the couch and laughed again.

Silly colt.

Imagine this as Cherry and you have a pretty good idea of what went down while Brian was gone.

10 Likes

Zoomies!!

1 Like

OK, this is cute :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Adorable! I Love It!

1 Like