Chirpys, common babbeh tropes, and things i wish i saw more of

When it comes to ‘chirpy babbehs’ or ‘babbehs’ I feel like there’s so much possible material to be made of them then what people create usually. Although I consume a lot of chirpy content I’ve begun to notice a repeat in just a few handful of tropes; these tropes consist of poopy babbeh abuse or saving, munstah babbeh being killed or saved, bestes babbeh being killed or punished.

These tropes I love in art however honestly I wish I’d see more things such as pinching chirpys, abusing, sorry stick on babbehs or spankies, and in general more art of chirpys being punished instead of fast and killed. There is something so cute about pathetic chirpies cheeping in pain or trying to squirm then just being left their to cry. Example of something I feel would be adorable is grabbing a chirpy by its tail after it shit and pissed, dangling it and yelling at it as it cheeps, screes, and cries, while flicking its hoof out of its mouth if it tries to comfort itself. Or maybe even gently pinching its genitals if it started to piss itself to make it peep even louder, then putting it in a dark sorry box. Some more things in my mind is stuff like a barely talky babbeh trying to give sorry hoofies or poopies, then being held down and given the sorry stick.

What is others favorite babbeh tropes and what do y’all wish you could see more of? Anyone have some favorite art or stories of babbehs they wanna share?

16 Likes

Pinching chirpies is incredibly common. Sorry-sticking them is generally used more as a punishment for the mummah.

I’m pretty sure everyone is sick to death of me saying how much I hate poopies (as a social status), bestest babbehs, et cetera. It’s funnier when the mother fluffy loves them all equally and they all get owned. Poopies, bestest, and alicorn hate just feel lazy now. You’ve seen one you’ve seen them all, pretty much.

I’m personally a fan of chirpies/foals in diapers because it makes them even more pathetic. Extra points (and it’s a rare one) if they have a pacifier.

19 Likes

Hmm, things to see more of, huh?

I’d probably say cluelessness. For example, chirpies can’t see, so they rely on ears and heat. A chirpy could probably crawl right into an oven all by itself because cold is uncomfortable and warm is cozy. Or say, the chirpies are put on a table outside the mom’s reach, so the mom starts whining and the chirpies just crawl off the table and fall to their deaths following her voice, because they understand nothing more than “mom voice = good”.

There’s some neat avenues for both accidental and psychological abuse if you take advantage of that stuff. Say, shave a mom and make a soft den from her fur, watch the chirpies cuddle up in the warm fur pile instead of with their mom while she freaks out because her babies “no longer love her”.

Or if you want to be mean to the chirpies themselves, put a little speaker with mummah’s voice above them and watch them crawl in confused little circles, trying to reach it or find the non-existent mummah warmth. It’d be cute!

18 Likes

I hate poopie justice stories.

I love chirpy abuse stories.

Fuck them fat little turds.

9 Likes

For some people/fluffies…literally fuck them

Id like to see more stories where cats/dogs and fluffies get along. I’ve only read one or two things where they get along, and I kinda want to see more, maybe where the cat or dog defends the fluffies against other cats/dogs/fluffies.

3 Likes

Not me, PREACH shit get’s tiring and after a while it all starts to just melt together

4 Likes

I am indifferent towards “poopie justice” stories but i prefer it if the poopie or pov foal (as in my HC colorful foals are ostracized even if their parent has dark colors or have an alicorn for a parent) or chirpie endures an Odyssey of sorts where it endures alot of misery, psychological trauma from its environment before gaining a happy ending so to speak. Such experiencing the worst neutral abuse from an unforgiving environment or neglect and hatred from their own kind before given that reward of a new owner, family or home… which can go wither the typical way how they are just pure goodness and forgive their horrible herd for the torment they endured, or they walk the path of vengence like a Count of Monte Cristo cirrupted and wants to see those that made theirs and their siblings ir parents lives a living hell by giving the tormentors an excruciating torture or death.

As for stuff I’d like to see more in chirpie stories or comics, is stuff such as them wiggling and sluggishly crawling on their bellies along the nest whilst unaware of dangers in nature. Im not talking about simply rats, cats or other urban vermin but im talking about when Fluffies are in truly wild environments such as a jungle, a swamp, a desert, tundra, coastal region, etc. Basically they are as helpless and vulnerable as any other infant animal in the wild. Which was why, one time i drew an insect that preys on fluffies in a bizarre way in a swamp creature contest. It resembled an Assassin Bug which, in its nymph or larval stage, creeps into a nest and with its proboscis/mouth stinger, it impales the chirpie from the back of the neck muffling its cries with paralysing digesting toxins and damaging its windpipe at the same time before drinking the dissolved insides like a smoothie. Then it moves tge corpse away from the nest to remove any bones that werent broken down from the enzymes (due to chirpie skeletons are weak and not fully developed) and uses the skin as a suit and creeps back into the nest. It does this akin to a normal Assassin Bug which wears dead ant bodies to mask its scent with the sent of the prey, essentially pretending to be a chirpie so it has easier access to the rest of the foals as food. In the daytime it would use airways in its abdomen similar to a Hissing Cockroach to make chirping sounds akin to a chirpie babbeh and mares wouldnt notice the difference and at night it would feed on another sleeping babbeh for a few nights before the bug can mature. When it does, it is about the size a banana, shedding its gorey guise and will feed on the mare as its first adult Fluffy prey meal. The enzymes will paralyse and breakdown her organs all the while the bug just feeds until it is full. It likes to target various parts of a Fluffy’s body, preferably the more vulnerable areas such as the eyes, underbelly, neck, milk places/udder/teats, or mouth. This leads to a slow death for an adult Fluffy as well as the paralysis and digestive enzymes not only slowly break down parts of the body, but if the prey is unfortunate enough, they well be left paralysed for minutes or hours or even days depending on where they were injected with the toxins. The bug is an ambush predator as its now mature carapace resembles mossy bark in appearance and will use a scent-like pheromone to lure in Fluffy prey which either smells like sketties or a stallion or mare on need of a mate before closing in for the meal.

Sorry i went overboard like it was a nature documentary :sweat_smile: and that long winded message in general.

5 Likes

I think poopie justice is a good starting point for new creators, use familiar tropes so you can focus on other aspects of the story. Fluffies are diverse but still recognisably Fluffies so priority should be understanding the medium.

Once people are more familiar with Fluffies then they should try to move away from those cliches but an odd simple story here and there shouldn’t hurt, especially if there’s ways to twist the story.

Like maybe the poopie babbeh is a milk stealing knobhead, playing up for a human audience.

13 Likes

Like the few art where there are bratty dark colored or alicorn fluffies. When an alicorn knows theyre valuable its common for a human owner to spoil them, creating a smarty alicorn.

3 Likes

Love all of these ideas, chirpy abuse is my favorite type of abuse by far. They’ve never experienced pain before, and inflicting horrific abuse on them leaves them confused and terrified. Watching the mother’s reaction to seeing her little turdlets get mistreated is also priceless.

7 Likes

The nature of the chirpy should dictate its abuse and you have outlined it well. The same thing with giving a bullying talky a beating or denying it something.

Fluffies should be punished more in ways that would be most effective to their psyche. Like breaking a foal’s back leg just so it can’t play hug tag anymore. And it has to watch.

The old wolfram combo of cruelty and calibration to a fluffy’s uncanny nature.

2 Likes

I feel like a lot of chirpies (and especially talkie babbehs) are written to be way too smart for what should be a stupid, completely innocent thing, if that makes sense?

10 Likes

What you don’t like when they open their eyes and have an innate desire for discrimination, shitting on their lessers, and possess a cutthroat laser-focus on hoarding all the resources for themselves?

Well too bad

3 Likes

Chirpy babbeh abuse is probably one of my favorite types of abuse. Something I don’t see a lot but really like is more low-key chirpy abuse.

Like blowing an air horn while they’re sleeping, poking them over and over as they desperately try to squirm away, putting one of them across the room from the others and watching it try to squirm towards its siblings.

You could have so much fun with a litter of chirpy foals.

5 Likes

I find it hard to write chirpy, its better as a visual medium.

I find getting into a fluffy’s thoughs and feelings is necessary for good honest suffering. Without the ability to speak you are stuck with a lot of constraints.

I think @That1hugboxer and whoever did the story in the greenhouse captured chirpy pov decently.

Personally the closest I have to chirpy content is first words with “New Friend” and I prefer to time skip to the talkie baby stage because it gives me more options.

This is the other problem with Chirpy “POV” they cant understand a lot of abstract concepts that writers put in their heads.

1 Like

I will die on the hill that hoof sucking is not cute and needs to be severely punished at all costs.

3 Likes

Chirpy’s are an underrated topic and kind of got hit with dumbening stick because of lazy tropes in the years between websites.

One aspect about chirpy canon that used to be common but somehow got mangled was that the design of Chripy foals was actually smart on the part of Hasbio because the chirpies can communicate with their parents and Hasbio in built the inherent knowledge for adult fluffies to understand each chirp and peep so fluffies could look after their own foals with not much human labor needed. Fluffy families only needed an interaction with a caretaker within Hasbio (Who just fed, cleaned and did health check ups on the fluffy parents and their foals till the foals were ready for sale) because Fluffies could do all the hard work of raising foals themselves. Just keep em’ fed, watered and healthy. It wasn’t overly complex either so it was an easy headcanon to adopt.

From what I remember There were four different types of chirps and peeps

Happy and contented chirps and peeps that signaled “I’m fine and happy”
More urgent chirps and peeps that signaled “I’m hungry. Please feed me”
A little more strained peeps and squees that signaled “I need to go to the litter box. Please move me there” (That also helped accelerate litter box training)
And “Scaredy peeps and cheeps” which was “I’m in danger. Please come and help me and give me hugs”

And there’s also the language canon where they start to learn how to speak starting with the mare singing to the foals in her womb and after they have birthed to also help accelerate speech because Hasbio wanted foals ready for sale at two months old. Just lots of actually smart and interesting design decisions that a clever writer could re-factor into sadbox and abuse.

There’s a lot of things you can do with Chirpy canon that I’d love to see more of it.

7 Likes

I can say what I want to see the least of…

some people write newborns/chirpies as being able to talk and see within minutes of being born. I really like the newborn/chirpy/walky-talky-see baby/foal progression. I gives several avenues of abuse.

3 Likes