"Cleo and Julius" Part 2 by NobodyAtAll

Part 1

In the alleyway behind Mario’s, Kevin throws the white and purple stallion, now missing his front left leg, on the ground, right in front of his mate, a yellow and dark blue mare, who is cowering in the cardboard box the two and their litter call home.

crack

ptooie

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Now his other front leg is gone too.

The mare cries out when she sees her special friend.

The foals, still blind, but seeming to sense their mother’s distress, start chirping and peeping frantically.

Juwius!

Che stai facendo, pazzo?

“Stay out of this, you greaseballs! Get the fuck back inside. This doesn’t concern you. Get inside or Boris will pound the shit out of you wop cunts.”

Mario, the owner, and his two sons head back inside to call the police.

Boris gives them his best leer.

He’s practiced it.

Unseen by anyone, two other men drop from a rooftop, landing silently in a dark corner.

They’ve practiced that.

Boris walks over to Julius.

“Boris was of saying, if дерьмовая крыса am spitting ball of rag out, am being of very bad for you.”

“Boris told you, shitrat.”

“Yeah, he told you.”

“Shut up, Larry. Boris? I think Julius here has lost all of his leg privileges.”

да.

“Actually, let Larry do it. He hasn’t had a turn.”

да.

“Alright.”

Larry picks up Julius, ignores his screams, and grabs a leg.

He thinks pulling the leg off is so satisfying.

Don’t do it, boys. You’re in enough trouble as it is. Put the shears down, big guy.”

“Back away from the fluffies, assholes.”

Calvin Korkea and Victor emerge from the dark corner.

They both look deceptively calm.

But the twitching of Calvin’s eye, and the spittle at the corner of Victor’s mouth, betray the inferno of fury burning inside both of them.

Upon realising this, Boris, the smartest of the three stooges, puts the shears down, and starts pretending that he was never holding them in the first place.

What shears? Boris is not of having any shears. Boris is not even of having garden. Why would Boris be of having shears?

This is a bald-faced lie. Boris does have a garden, and it’s beautiful.

For some reason, nobody gives him shit about his hobby.

Calvin glares at Boris.

Shut it, baldy.”

Larry contemplates the possibility of running, but is just barely smart enough to realize the futility of doing so, and stays silent. He carefully puts Julius down in front of Cleo.

Victor looks at Larry, seeming to know what he’s thinking.

“Smart move, beanpole. You know when to fold.”

Julius and Cleo both look up at the two men, silently wondering if they’ve just been saved or doomed.

Julius has stopped screaming, but he thinks it’s still an option.

Calvin looks at the fluffies, an expression of pity on his face when he sees Julius.

Tch. Disgraceful. Don’t you two worry. We’re here to help you.”

Calvin turns toward Kevin, glaring once more, at the little prick with long greasy black hair that reminds Calvin too much of James Oldman.

Kevin, despite what he believes, is the stupidest of the trio, and too stubborn to back down when outgunned.

He’s basically like if a smarty was human.

Kevin sneers at the duo.

“Trouble? They’re just shitrats, Korkea. We haven’t broken any laws.

Calvin’s face bears the smug expression of someone who knows exactly how wrong Kevin is.

“First of all, you threatened Mario and his sons. Second, yes you have. What you’re doing here is now illegal in this state. Oh, yes, I see the looks on your faces. Shut up, let me finish. Don’t you boys watch the news? In this state, fluffies are now legally classified as, essentially, between animals and humans in intelligence. It just happened last week. And that means that all of the laws that protect animals now protect fluffies here. As do many of the laws that protect humans. There is no justice, boys, so we fucking made some. So that’s intimidation, cruelty to animals, assault, and probably attempted murder too. You boys are staying put right here, and me and my good friend Victor are keeping an eye on you until the police show up. And look up there.

The three stooges look up.

A drone, of Dr. Pierre Faucheuse’s trademark design, with some improvements added by Dr. Valerie Valentine, hovers above the alleyway, its electronic eyes fixed upon all of the alley’s current occupants.

That’s been there the whole time. The police will see and hear whatever happens here. So if you’re thinking of pulling any stunts, don’t.

The three stooges groan.

Kevin rubs his temples again.

Fuck hugboxers. Goddamn killjoys. Why do you even care about shitrats, Korkea?”

“Because someone has to. If you’re going to ask me why I care about fluffies, why don’t you ask me why I care about humans? I mean, from my point of view, they’re both the same, right?”

Kevin, not liking where this conversation is going, timidly nods.

“The answer, jackass, is because I want to care. Because I choose to care. Just like you choose not to care. You wanna know something? If I decided to stop caring, and punched your head off, those two schmucks would start running. But if you came swinging at me, Victor here would have my back.”

“At this point, I don’t think you need me, Cal.”

“Vic, without you, I’d have red eyes, and I’d be talking like this.

Calvin says those last three words in a passable imitation of Umbra’s deep, raspy voice.

“Also, everyone else would be dead. You get the point. And so do you three idiots. I’m nice to fluffies for the same reason I’m nice to humans: because I want to be. Now, you are going to shut the fuck up, and stay here with your friends until the cops arrive. Vic, keep an eye on him. I think his friends are both smarter than this clown. Call Val, too.”

Calvin walks over to Cleo and Julius, putting a visor-like device on his head.

In the distance, police sirens can be heard.

You are Cleo, and you are so scared right now!

Julius went out looking for nummies, but when he came back, three bad hoomins had gotten him! They took one of his weggies off, and then they put it up his poopie place!

Then, they threw him on the ground, right in front of your boxie!

You heard a crack. Oh. There goes another weggie.

The nice funny-talkie hoomins tried to stop them, but the three bad hoomins said they’d give your hoomin friends owwies if they didn’t go inside.

One of the bad hoomins picked up Julius again, and was about to take another weggie, but then, two more hoomins showed up.

One of them smelled a bit funny, and the other one looked like he’s had a lot of owwies, but the funny-smelling one told you they were here to help you both.

Then he told the bad hoomins that giving fluffies owwies wasn’t allowed in the sitty anymore.

He said a lot of things, you weren’t paying attention, you were still scared and worried about Julius, but when he told the bad hoomins to look up, you did too, and you saw a big flying metal thingy.

Then he told the bad hoomins to shut up, walked over to you and Julius, and put a weird see-through thing on his head, and kneeled down.

He talks to you, while looking at Julius, and little weird glowing squiggly things appear on the weird see-through thing.

You can hear Julius moan in pain.

“Hi there. I’m Calvin. I’m a friend. Call me Cal, everyone does. I know this little dude is Julius, but do you have a name?”

“Am… Am Cweo, mistah Caw.”

“Well, listen, Cleo. Usually, there wouldn’t be anything we could do for Julius here. One leg’s shattered, and the other, ugh, look what they did with it. Sorry, I didn’t mean you should actually look, Cleo.”

Mistah Cal strokes your fluff, trying to calm you down.

“But, Cleo, you and Julius are very lucky, because me and my pal Vic here, we know a very smart lady who might be able to fix this.”

You look behind mistah Cal, and see a couple of blue-suit hoomins talking to mistah Vic, and your funny-talkie hoomin friends. A couple more blue-suit hoomins are taking the bad hoomins away.

Mistah Cal turns around as well.

“You’ll get the footage from the drone immediately, officers.”

Non ci posso credere, povere piccole cose…

Non preoccuparti, Mario, Valerie probabilmente può aggiustare quello che hanno fatto questi bastardi.

Mistah Cal tilts his head.

“Huh. Didn’t know Vic spoke Italian. I’m not surprised, I think he might know every language.”

blip

Then another hoomin appears.

Where did she come from? It’s like she was just… there.

She’s pretty, though. Long shiny black not-fluff on her head, see-better things on her face, and a long white cote. You think that’s what those things hoomins wear are called.

“Ah, Val. Cleo, this is the very smart lady I was talking about. Val, take a look at Julius here.”

Miss Val kneels down too, looking happy that mistah Cal called her very smart.

“Hmm, one front leg amputated, multiple fractures in the other, it’ll probably have to go too.”

You gasp, and Julius moans louder.

“Nu! Nu take Juwius weggie! Juwius nee weggie fow huggies!”

“Cleo, sweetheart, I’m not finished. Once I take it off, I can grow them both back.

“Weawwy?”

“You heard Cal. I’m very smart.”

Miss Val touches her see-better things, while looking at you, and then touches them again while looking at Julius.

“Hmm, they’re both chipped. I’m guessing they were either abandoned here or ran away. They’re not Flufftopia fluffies, though. Well of course, a Flufftopia fluffy doesn’t run off, because they know better. Their owners don’t abandon them, because they don’t need to. Poor dears. I think it might be best to move the whole family to a secure location. I’ll take Julius here back to my lab. I was working on a fluffy-safe video game controller, but that can wait.”

Mistah Cal suddenly looks very excited.

“Fluffies playing video games? I’ve gotta see that.”

“Yes, G-03 can get to level 10 in Ms. Pac-Man. I’m very proud of my precious girl.”

“You should totally name her Ms. Pac-Man. I mean, she is all yellow, all she needs is the little red bow.”

“Well, I think I’ve got one lying around. Cleo, I’m going to take Julius away–”

Nu!

“But, but, I’m going to make him better. I’m going to give him his legs back. You will see him again, and when you do, the both of you and your foals will be going to a better home.”

Miss Val carefully touches Julius with one hand, and pushes a button on a shiny thing with the other.

blip

And they’re gone.

You hope miss Val is telling the truth.

Mistah Cal turns to you.

“You’re leaving too, Cleo. You and your foals. I’m getting you out of this alley.”

“But, but whewe am Cweo an babbehs guin wiv mistah Cal?”

Mistah Cal strokes you again.

“We’re taking you to a place called the Foundation. There’s other fluffies there, nice ones. Fluffies who, like you, have had a lot of bad luck. But before we can introduce you and your foals to them, we’re gonna have to give you all a bath. And I’m gonna have to wash this hand, urgh. I think just washing it might not be enough. Hold on, Cleo.”

Mistah Cal turns back to Mistah Vic.

“Hey, Vic! If I cut my hand off, will it grow back?”

Mistah Vic calls back.

“Do you really wanna find out, Cal? I wouldn’t flip that coin if I were you!”

“Washing my hand it is! I’ll need some disinfectant, too.”

“What?”

“Nothing, Vic, I’ll explain later! I’m taking Cleo and her foals to the Foundation, I’ll see you later!”

“Aight! Cal ha detto che andrà alla Fondazione, Mario! Hai davvero bisogno di imparare l’inglese, amico.

Mistah Cal turns to you again.

“I need to be touching all of you to blip you there, Cleo. Here.”

He holds out his not-weggie, and gently touches you.

“Can you put your foals on my arm, Cleo? Don’t worry, they’ll stay on there. I learned a few tricks from Reilly. She’s a friend of mine. I’ll introduce you to her, and her boyfriend Danny, if you want. They’ve got fluffies too. So do I.”

“Otay, mistah Caw.”

One by one, you carefully lift up each of your six babbehs, placing them on mistah Cal’s not-weggie, and, as mistah Cal said, they don’t fall off. It’s like they’re stuck on.

“Pretty cool, huh? It call it my stick-em power. Reilly hates it when I call it that.”

With his other not-weggie, mistah Cal pushes a button on a shiny thing that looks just like the one miss Val had.

blip

And the eight of you are gone too.

Part 3

8 Likes

man i cant even get to level 10

2 Likes