"Cleo and Julius" Part 4 by NobodyAtAll

Part 3

Kevin runs through the alleyways. He grew up here. He knows these streets like the back of his hand.

He can hear the sirens. They’re looking for him. He managed to escape the pigs. He’s not going to prison. He knows what happens to guys like him in there.

But Kevin also knows these streets.

They’ll never catch him.

Boris and Larry got left behind.

But Kevin doesn’t give a fuck about them. He’s abandoning them to their fates. Kevin doesn’t care, as long as he gets away.

He really is a smarty in human form.

Kevin turns around a corner. There’s a homeless guy sitting against the wall. Meh, probably on something.

Kevin keeps running.

whump

Kevin stops running.

As he falls on the hard ground, a tooth flies out of his mouth.

The hobo gets up and walks over to Kevin.

Then the hobo pulls his own face off.

Or, what turns out to be a very elaborate mask.

“Hey, asshole. Remember me? Have a nice trip?

He chuckles at his own joke.

Oh, no!

Not him!

Victor grabs Kevin, and lifts him up with one hand.

Holy shit he’s strong.

“I gave you a chance, Kevin, I really did. You should have just taken the L. Look up, Kevin Rood.”

Kevin looks up.

Then he looks back down at Victor.

“There’s nothing there.”

Exactly. The police ain’t never gonna know about this, Kevin. But I know about everything you’ve done. And I’m not just talking about all the fluffies you’ve butchered. I know about the girl. She was only eight, Kevin. You. Sick. Fuck.

“…oh. Fu–

blip

And then both men are gone.

Only one of them is coming back.

Can you guess who?

Meanwhile, at the Faucheuse Foundation, Cleo and her foals finally get the bath they desperately needed.

While Mark bathes Cleo, another employee, Rosa, bathes the foals nearby.

Mark likes to sing as he does this.

:musical_note:Working at the fluff wash! Working at the fluff wash, yeah!:musical_note:

Rosa rolls her eyes.

¡Dios mio! Mark! Do you have to sing that every time?”

“Ah, come on. It’s fun!”

“How about we just put some music on, and you spare me from your terrible singing voice? Seriously, if you’re gonna keep doing it, take singing lessons.”

The only reason Mark doesn’t shrug is because he’s carefully shampooing Cleo with lavender-scented Bestest Bath shampoo.

Rosa is shampooing the foals with Bestest Babbeh Bath foal shampoo. Also lavender-scented.

“Alright. Minerva, can you please put some music on?”

Minerva, an AI created by, you guessed it, Dr. Pierre Faucheuse, replies from a speaker up on the wall, in a smooth female voice.

“Right away, Mark.”

Christina Aguilera’s Car Wash starts playing.

¡Tienes que estar bromeando! Minerva! Play something else!

Meanwhile, in her lab, Valerie checks in on Julius in the regeneration vat.

A tiny pair of foal-sized legs have already popped out of the stumps.

In a few days, they’ll be adult-sized.

In a week, it’ll be like he never even lost them.

Because fucking Valerie is that damn good.

Valerie then checks in on Ms. Pac-Man and Dig-Dug, as G-03 and G-04 are now called.

“Level 12! Excellent, Ms. Pac-Man! Bet you a skettie treat you can make it to level 15 by the end of today?”

“Miz Pak-Man gun take dat bet, mummah!”

blip

A man appears in the alleyway.

Did you guess who?

Of course it’s Victor.

Victor is, it should be noted, not covered in blood. Nor are there any other signs of what he’s just done to Kevin Rood.

Victor is, naturally, not an idiot, and this isn’t the first time he’s had to make an asshole disappear.

Nobody will ever know what happened to Kevin Rood, except Victor, the individual currently on his way to meet Kevin, and of course, the people Down There, who will be introducing themselves to Kevin soon.

And it should also be noted that this is not the same alleyway that Victor tripped Kevin up in.

What part of “Victor is not an idiot” don’t you get?

Victor, disguised as a hobo, stumbles off. Perfectly mimicking the drunken stumble of hobos everywhere.

Victor’s had plenty of experience with drunken stumbling.

Nobody ever pays attention to hobos. Victor knows this.

If they think the hobo is drunk, they try even harder to ignore him.

It’s kind of tragic, really.

KEVIN ROOD?

“Y-yes?”

YOU THOUGHT PRISON WOULD BE BAD? WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHERE YOU’RE GOING NOW.

Part 5

7 Likes

:musical_note: Workin’ at the fluff wash! :musical_note:

I’m so glad to be off of work and able to catch up on these stories. Things have really been happening!

Also, I have to go back and find the Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler reference. That was fun to find while reading :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s in “Chris and Lavender: Separation Anxiety”. You’re welcome.

1 Like

Oh yeah, as an aside; Minerva deliberately picked Car Wash because she knew it would annoy Rosa. Yeah, Pierre created an AI with a sense of humor. But Minerva only pulls harmless pranks, and will stop messing with you if you ask her to. She does it to show her affection.

And yeah, Minerva can feel affection. She’s a very sophisticated AI.

1 Like