exclusive head-canon

gold jellens = royal jellens.
basically, a jellen’s color is their placement

2 Likes

Didn’t go into it there but transport restrictions ramped the fuck up as other countries didn’t god-damned fluffy infestations.

1 Like

oh, yeah. an embargo makes sense

2 Likes

no not an embargo just tighter security, more cargo checks and incinerators located at most ports/airports.

1 Like

got it

1 Like

A personal headcanon I had is that fluffspeak is a language accidentally created by the algorithm, which was a combination of the language mistakes of toddlers when exposed to the web, adults own interpretation of babyish-talk, and uWu language. This resulted in the algorithm promoting videos and search results with the “corrupted” language, which led content farms to change the language of their videos from “standard” English to “fluffspeak” English.

The basis of the idea is in the real world concern of content farms, and their possible influence on children, such as the five finger family videos.

Over time, this leads to the creation of a “fluffspeak research group”, which seeks to replicate various literary and academic works, but written in fluffspeak. This language eventually gets the attention of Hasbio, as the open-source nature of this “baby-ish” language, as well as its ability to have set rules be defined (such as the use of ‘fwuffy’ in the place of most personal pronouns and the letter ‘w’ replacing the letter ‘l’) is of interest to its genetic engineering division, who are trying engineer a talking pet. Basically, in my canon, it is easier to teach a “talking animal” to speak Fluffspeak instead of English. This is how fluffies end up speaking fluffspeak - because the language was ‘tailored’ to them, and vice-versa.

At the same time, more and more people, particularly those that are mentally disadvanatged, also end up speaking Fluffspeak.

This idea became the basis for Wan Pway, which you can read here: "Wan Pway?" by Oculus

You can also read the general lore piece I wrote here: Tracking the Early History of Fluffspeak by Oculus

@klaykid117 while not exactly the same, I had this idea that HasbroHassenfeld was not the real owner of Hasbio, but a secondary company.

4 Likes

I’d like to introduce you to Bruce, my Carchafluff.

2 Likes

To go further on this “fluffspeak as language idea”, a unique headcanon that I adopted for my Avocado series is the use of a “two teacher” model system for fluffy daycares. Both a human teacher and a fluffy teacher is used to teach a class of foals, the idea being that the human teacher would relay the concept, and the fluffy teacher will relay the lesson or message in fluffspeak so that the foals can understand. The idea of doing this is because it makes it easier for humans to stick to their own human language and not rely on fluffspeak, and foals would learn better from the presence of both a human and fluffy adult. So far, I have depicted this in Chapter 5 of Avocado.

4 Likes

Instead of the cooking fluffies alive because “being betrayed makes them taste better” Mine is actually they are still artificial at some level, so once a fluffy dies it turns as rigid as plastic in little time (maybe an hour max) so in order to being able to eat them you need to kill them right before cokking or cooking them alive so the “meat” softenes and avoids the plastic texture later.

Also, there are lots of offbrand fluffies around the world, like any toy, it would be pirated sooner or later, Hasbio created the originals, but other companies attempt this as well, mainly in China, India, Mexico and Brazil (countries with more piracy) and just like offbrand toys compared to the original they are hideous and can barely talk or breath.

4 Likes

Uuuhhhh… Why tho

3 Likes

Hey we don’t do that here! We smuggle them past the frontier

3 Likes

This is actually on my text post I’m making describing my headcanon but the ‘mummah fwuff’ that fillies grow. It makes the fluff poof out for the eventual babies to be comfortable sleeping on and keeps them warm a little.

5 Likes

the average fluffy can actually understand human language quite well, but is just hindered at actually using it both physically and mentally. its a bit confusing, but they’re better at interpreting than communicating. for example, you can tell a well behaved/average fluffy to do something, providing step by step explanations, but if you ask them to explain what they just did they’ll have a harder time. they can do it, its just a matter of translation that their brain has to perform.

5 Likes

Language is bloody magic

3 Likes

Oh I forgot, fluffy parent have to teach foals how to speak they aren’t preprogrammed with that.

1 Like

is that a fluffy equivalent of a nightmare difficulty?

4 Likes

That’s my in world explanation for why fluff speak exsists, because fluffies just aren’t good teachers.

1 Like

but can they talk normally if a human teaches them, or they are bad learners as well?

2 Likes

You could teach them, it’s just takes awhile. That’s why that one fluffy who’s “terribly sane” talks normally. You’ll see who he is when I finish coloring in that comic.

3 Likes

hype

2 Likes