Extra Credit Challenge Pt 2 by CobaltThoriumWhoopes

Day 4: Thursday

5:44 pm: So according to the rules of the project, to get the extra credit I to have a live fluffy for a minimum of 6 days. Great. At least you waved the late penalty after I showed you the pictures of the scorch marks.

Went back to the fluff mart. I hope they didn’t recognize me. Browsed through the discount section this time. There was a bright red Pegasus mare with a green mane and wings named Flopsy. The clerk said she was probably a Christmas fluffy that was returned after the new year, apparently a common occurrence. Flopsy talks a lot about his old owner, a little girl named “Mawwy” and how he must have been a bad fluffy because she gave her away. The clerk assured me that he’d re-imprint pretty quickly.

Day 5: Friday

8:12 AM: Flopsy adjusted pretty quickly. When I woke up this morning he was calling “Daddeh” instead of “Nu Daddeh”. I’ll take it. Left the radio on to keep her company.

5:33: Flopsy seemed happy to see me come home, squealing and running around before falling over and giggling. She said that the “talkie box” scared her though. I’ll leave the radio off tomorrow.

Day 6: Saturday
9:45 am: Flopsy wouldn’t let go of my leg when I left this morning. I had to promise her sketti when I get home to get her to let me go. Hope I’m not setting a bad precedent.

6:56 pm: I thought it would be cute to rile up Flopsy before I went into the apartment, so I called out “Daddy’s Home! Get ready for Sketti” through the door until I could hear the squeals of joy as she ran to greet me. I pushed the door open and jumped in to greet my little ball of fluff.

This proved to be a mistake.

The door caught the Flopsy right on the snout, whipping her head around with a sickening crack. I think this killed her instantly. I hope this killed her instantly. She twitched a few times, shat all over my boots and then stopped moving.

Day 7: Sunday.

11:37 AM: Spent a few hours in the morning putting together a makeshift safe room. You can do wonders with scrap wood and a willingness to forsake a deposit. Can’t pick up a fluffy today, between work and homework I’ll be too busy to deal with it.

8:30 PM: It’s weird. I’ve had a fluffy pony for less than a week total but the apartment already feels empty without one.

Day 8: Monday

11:30 am: FluffMart closes early today so I won’t be able to go there after work. I’ll have to go to a foal-in-a-can machine. I hate to do that, everyone online says they tend to be malnourished and stunted due to lack of stimulation and low quality milk, but dammit I want this grade, and hopefully I can give it a better life than the standard bratty kid or bored abuser. I think I’ll name him Felix. My ancient history professor said that it means “Lucky” in Greek.
8:30 pm: Got the can, a brown earthie because it’s cheap. Can’t see if it’s a boy or a girl yet. I spent the money I saved on good quality formula mixture, hopefully it’ll help with development. The can is sitting on the counter right now, I’ll crack it open after the milk is done warming on the stove.

8:45 pm: Remember the random earthquake? You may not have felt it, it was just a 3.1, not enough to cause damage but enough to cause a foal-in-a-can can to start rolling off the counter and drop to the floor. It was just 3 feet but the impact was enough to cause the foal to snap all four legs and spine, but not quite enough to kill it. I could see bone sticking out and blood was leaking from it’s mouth with each distressed “CHEEP” it made. No way it could survive a trip to the fluff tech. I popped the lid, filled the can with water and held the poor fluff under water with a spoon until it stopped twitching.

On the plus side since it was corked there was no shit to clean up.

28 Likes

part 1
Next part

3 Likes

This guy is really, really bad at this. Hopefully this will teach him not to have children.

Also, Flopsy seems a little gender fluid. Good for you, Flopsy, for living your life honestly and without shame. Right up until your owner killed you.

13 Likes

I’m enjoying the “comedy of errors” style here :heart:
looking forward to more CTW

9 Likes

Oh dear. This is actually more depressing to me than anything! O_O

<— had a kitten that I accidentally ran over in college. Might be triggering feels rather than comedy feelings because ordinarily this would funny…

2 Likes

Kid, I’m promoting you to veteran fluffy exterminator.

4 Likes

I keep feeling like I’ve read this before on the old booru.

It’s good, but it feels very familiar.

2 Likes

Honestly this guy should just pick up a feral family, he’s a college student, he can’t afford to buy a fluffy every other day. Plus at least one of them would survive, he just has to provide kibble/chef boyardee to the mama and she’ll dispense milk to the babbehs.

But knowing this guy’s luck, the mom will have fluffy aids or something and give it to her children through milk and they all die shitting and screaming, bonus points if she had a poopie babbeh that she was neglecting and the dude forced her to feed him, killing him with good intentions.

7 Likes

I posted it there in full, I’ve been doing a bit of polishing (not enough to capture Flopsy’s gender change, but ah well) and reposing it here.

3 Likes

That’s one of the wonders of fluffies! You really can afford to keep buying new ones. Low end ones are cheap as hell. You can buy one out of a machine for less than the cost of a fancy coffee. You could probably get one at a shelter for free, but the machine won’t ask questions about why you are getting one every day.

2 Likes

But still a fluffmart fluffy is at least 5-10 bucks (less if you get the snake food foals), canned fluffies are like a buck or two each but that’s still less cup ramen for this college student’s tummy.

With ferals you get an entire family for free, that’s a steal!

3 Likes

In theory, yes. But there would be some extra risk doing that. They would be much more likely to get sick, like you said. And they wouldn’t be very well trained for living indoors. Even if they wanted to be good, you’d have a lot of issues with shit and general hygiene as well as them messing with stuff they shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Ain’t nothing a sorry sticking can’t fix in terms of hygiene, besides a feral would be more grateful and willing to follow the rules because they know how hard it is to live outside, constantly in danger, hungry and cold so a quick mention of kicking them out if they misbehave will put them back in line immediately especially in the case of a mummah who has babbehs with her.

1 Like