Fall of Foalcan Inc. (Artist:Carpdime) (FB id: 22477)

Light it on fire

3 Likes

They didn’t remove the foal from the can?

To clarify:

From a hugbox perspective, readily available canned foals are both adorable and horrifying.

From a abusebox perspective, purchasing foals from a vending machine makes things much easier and offers much potential.

From a sadbox perspective, it offers even more potential.

From a weirdbox perspective…well, you get the idea.

So what I’m saying is that although it’s a despicable idea to put newborns in cannisters, it offers sooo many ideas for art, stories, characters.

9 Likes

Well put. I had a similar thought not to long ago.

That said, to keep it consistent with industrial themes? While outsourcing the process to another country is impractical, having a company develop automation for it would be. Less personal for the fluffies, but management can show their disdain for the employees even more. I /personally/ feel that industrial needs to be degrading to the fluffies AND the human employees (ie, the two-legged fluffies).

2 Likes

Better for the world. Than they can’t reproduce themself.

1 Like

Carpdime’s foals were always corked, the mat was never meant for feces

oo i like that

Hm. Looking at the Foal in a can factory, Foalcan production guide and the original appearance of Avocado it is true that excess waste was squeezed out of the foal and a waste plug was inserted. However, I don’t know if this indicated that the foal was actually “corked” per se - it could be a means of further cleaning out excess fecal matter from the foal. Also, the can was described as smelly at the time Avocado came out, though that could be from the urine and not necessarily fecal matter.

I guess it would help if @Carpdime can confirm foalcans were supposed to be corked or not.

As alluded to in the picture’s footnote, this short comic was a meta reference to the foal in a can concept that I introduced at the time.

I guess through the years, this meta commentary about the rise and fall of interest in the “Foal in a can” craze has lost its impact, seeing how the Foal In a Can concept has managed to survive through the years.

2 Likes

In my headcanon, Foal-In-A-Can’s customer base is primarily abusers. I figure, anyone who wants a fluffy to live longer than five minutes probably wouldn’t get one from a vending machine. So Foal-In-A-Can is banned in pro-hugbox regions.

Plus, they deliberately put the most fragile foals in the cans. It’s probably also a way of making a few extra cents off foals that wouldn’t otherwise be sold. Like runts.

1 Like

I have no proof so you’d have to take my word for it, but I came up with the original idea and concept for “foal in a can”.

It was based on a toy I bought from those toy vending machines. It was a small clear tube like thing which has a real, living plant growing inside of it.

Something like this:
il_570xN.2112283844_qmrx

The nutrient soil part inspired the milk container section of the Foal in a Can capsule. The opening lid and rest of the body was inspired by those tennis ball cans:

images (1)

This picture is the first depiction of a “foal in a can”. It just also happens to feature our little green fluffy Avocado which is a fitting thing!

Avo in can

2 Likes

I’m still keeping to that canon/approach for the story. Of course, if I have to go any further it’d go into further spoiler territory for everyone else here xD.

The corking part was added at a later time via another comic.

In a way, details like that didn’t bother me when the drawing was first created, but there was certainly a bit of peer pressure from comments to resolve this problem!

Plus the whole corking thing was great to illustrate the industrially abusive nature of the whole Foal in a can operation…

1 Like

Huh, so they were corked. I take it the comic you’re referring to was the production guide? Also by cork I was thinking of an actual cork added to the foal to prevent it from premature pooping (at least until its removed from the can)

Also, I just realized I didn’t factor that in when I was writing Chapter 1 of Avo…

Yeah that’s the comic about corking. Corking in this instance refers to the function rather than material. The material is probably some sort of soft, waterproof material, but I’m not a material scientist so I could be mistaken!

I mean if we want to delve into details, perhaps the cork eventually dissolves, or just falls out when the foal grows after purchase?

2 Likes

If the foal grows then what was “secure” before ought to be “loose” later. Maybe. I… kind of don’t want to ponder the idea too deeply at the moment.

2 Likes

My head-canon:

• “Foal in a can” or “F.I.C’s” these foals are supplied by breeder mills you’ll often find FIC’s sold at flea-markets, fluff-marts and other similar discounted fluffy stores in low income areas, and online marketplaces i.e. Craigslist, Offer-up, FB market place.

• The quality of foals are low quality either runts, unpopular colors, dull colors, etc. These foals are often riddled with genetic defects and health issues generally the life span is around 1 - 3 years if they actually are allowed to live. It’s not uncommon to for “FIC’s” to be dead inside either.

• Although there’s a high end FIC’s vending machines and fluffy stores i.e. Designer Foals, Highest quality foals, Alicorn’s, these FIC’s vending machines are like the Apple and other luxury products vendhing machines. You’ll often find them in affluent areas and will be under tight security good luck breaking into them.

2 Likes

Yup, that makes sense. The foals are otherwise worthless to them, this way, they make something off the foals. Even if it’s just a few cents, it’s still more than they’d make by snapping the poor runty bugger’s neck.

Plus, since they’re more fragile, it’ll easily guarantee repeat customers. One guy in my stories spent a lot of money on canned foals.

And it didn’t even slake his bloodthirst. Fluffies didn’t keep him entertained for long.

Over in Japan they sell ones with live fish inside

And yes, they die inside

1 Like

Not just in Japan, US has started too. With fish, bugs, and pet spiders like tarantulas and jumping spiders.