Fluffos (Egh9)

Uh? What? So there can’t be likeness in each others art? Is there a rule like that? Honestly I’m glad if you think my sketches are like theirs, but isn’t it what most people do here? Find the general fluffy model and just roll with it? I really don’t know as I’m new here. Is it like, banned to try and replicate each others artsyle?

If you’re going to be this flagrant, at least copy an artist that’s left the community, not someone who has posted within the last few months. You’re either underage, fresh from DeviantArt and have been using doll bases or whatever, or just don’t know basic art etiquette.

The point is that LongFluffering is a very popular and active artist with an extremely distinctive style. Try harder, buddy. There are some really nice tutorials around, especially from InfraredTurbine and others who are happy to share these resources.

3 Likes

There’s only so many different ways to draw fluffies while still observing the basic template of features. Also, there isnt a lot of dynamic posing with fluffies so it is hard to not have something based on simple geometry that looks traced.

The only sketches I have been able to kick out that I was happy with look like Carpediem’s style. Maybe just mention what artists inspired you as a disclaimer.

Edit: I do think it’s cute and hope to see you post more and develop your style. I also don’t think general art styles are copyrighted.

2 Likes

In my previous (and first) post I used a my little pony base. Genuinely asking, is it forbidden to do so? if so, please accept my apologies. I had no idea. I didn’t wish to offend anyone.

Will do from now on. Sorry again guys.

3 Likes

Here, I put ‘Tutorial’ in the search bar and got you convenient links from artists who are going to teach you much better than just eyeballing or tracing. You can do better and be better, you just have to put in some effort.

https://fluffy-community.com/t/drawing-tutorials-by-santanon-5768-5769-5770-11534-11535-11536-11537-11538/47390

3 Likes

It’s okay, you’re new, we all make mistakes when we’re new here. It’s good that you’re willing to listen to constructive criticism.

Seriously, look up Baileybaker2345 for an excellent example of what not to do in this situation. He got caught blatantly tracing, he denied it, and he chose to die on that hill several dozen times. I’ve lost count of how many times he was banned before he finally gave up.

6 Likes

Other community members’ art is not your base. Something like promo art from Hasbro? That doesn’t hurt anybody. Using whoever you want’s and saying it’s yours does. Give the tutorials a go and see what you come up with, play with the shapes you like and construct things from scratch. There’s so much you can do!

2 Likes

IMG_4756

IMG_4760
IMG_4759

IMG_4758

Here’s some stuff to hand to compare with, for anyone too lazy to look up LongFluffering’s work.

5 Likes

I see we’re back to Baileying others works. Gonna add some dancing ogres?

5 Likes

It’s not banned, but if you do then it’s important to say you’ve done so! “I used [link to post/artist] as a reference” would suffice. People who don’t do this tend to try and play it off as their original creation made entirely without reference, which is why people reacted badly.

1 Like

Oh my bad. Should I just tag long fluffering?
To be clear, I never traced or copied their work, I was just inspired by how he drew them so adorably, so after i read some of their comics I tried to replicate their artstyle. My apologies.

Nice trace job.

1 Like

It’s fine, you did well, a few more creative differences help make it more clear it isn’t traced. We just had a bad situation with someone tracing art and getting angry when people pointed it out.

As long as you can admit you didn’t intend to copy, are willing to mention the artist you got the idea from, and try to change things up in the future to develop your own style it’s fine.

Being new is nothing to be ashamed about and we can tend to be really hard on new artists, part of that is we want to avoid having people under 18 on the website and we want to make sure artists can handle the worst of the worst criticism because fluffies aren’t very appreciated by non-members.

Many artists here will be more than willing to help you develop your own style if you send them a message asking for help. It’s always nice to see new artists so don’t let others get you down. We just have a lot of tough love and problems.

3 Likes

Cut the newbie some slack. Give him the benefit of the doubt and let him trace for the time being, he’ll probably find his own style eventually.

@mostlysane But as others stated earlier, if you take inspiration, it’s best to mention it.
And as @Mr_Owl said: put your name in the title, he’ll just warn you now, but he might glue your doors shut the next time.

4 Likes

Oh dear blossom ~ you broke a rule of luv all babies and now your gonna lose them all litter after litter til your sorry days are over

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Don’t apologize, you’re still figuring this out. Imitation is not plagiarism.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same. Too similar to another artist I can’t name off the top of my head

Never thought that i was going to use this doodles again but…

BAYLEY ALERT!!!

4 Likes