Gone Guising [By BFM101]

I won’t have the time to properly participate in the Octoberthon prompts, but I figured I might chime in here and there for a few short stories if I can make things work.

This is the third part in the surprisignly expanding Liam Kennedy Series following You Will Believe A Fluffy Can Fly and The Personified Penis Problem

Liam Kennedy sat in front of his TV, he was about half-way through a re-run of Scooby Doo & The Witch’s Ghost, a bit childish for him but his Fluffies Icarus and Clemintine loved the funny talking dog, and he had to admit, the nostalgic viewing was relaxing.

“You ok guys?” He asked the pair resting by his feet.

“Cwem-in-tine am gud daddeh.” Clemintine let out a relaxed sigh.

“Scubbee!” Icarus cried out, his derped eyes wiggling loosely in his dented skull.

Clemintine giggled and licked her mate’s cheek. “Dat wight speciaw-fwiend, am Scoo-bee Doo.”

Liam chucked and gave the pair a quick scratch, enjoying the comfort of a lazy afternoon. He went to take a drink from his cola can when he heard a soft but persistent knocking coming from the front door, almost barely heard over the cries of ‘Zoinks’ coming from the screen. Curious, Liam went to investigate, based on the soft knocking he expected a Fluffy or Fluffies on the other-side so he opened the door slowly to be safe, only to pull the whole thing wide open when he saw a familiar blue and orange stallion standing on his front step, a wide smile on his face.

“TWIK OW TWEAT!”

Liam let out an exasperated sigh as Icarus and Clemintine’s eldest son proved once again to be a fucking moron. “Daedalus… this is YOUR house.”

“Yeh!” Daedalus was practically jumping with excitement at the thought of treats.

“You go to OTHER houses for trick or treating.”

“Yeh?” The excitement slowly left Daedalus at his daddy’s stern voice.

“And you’re not even dressed up.”

“Day-da-wus nu wan be scawy munstah.” The young stallion’s ear drooped in shame.

“AND it’s only October 3rd.”

Liam looked down and saw Daedalus’ lip quivering as his high excitement burned out to make way for disappointment and fear. He rolled his eyes and the idiot and stepped to the side.

“Come on inside ya dumbass, it’ll be dinner time soon. I’ll cook up some spaghetti.”

“Tweat?” Daedalus’ mood perked up just as quickly as it had dropped.

“Yeah fuck it, I’ll give you a treat.”

“YAY! Day-da-wus wub Hawwoween.”

Daedalus ran past Liam to tell his parents the good news, leaving mucky footprints on the hardwood floor as he did. Liam stared at the mud for several seconds before deciding to leave it for now and he returned to Scooby Doo. He knew there was no point in getting angry at Daedalus, even by Fluffy standards the boy was a moron, but his heart was in the right place… most of the time.

Briefly he wondered if he should get the family some Halloween costumes and go trick or treating with them, but then he remembered that Halloween was the reason behind Icarus’ accident and Daedalus was even dumber than his father was back then.

Nah, a quiet time inside with as many kid-friendly horror flicks as he could manage would be just fine for him. Liam smiled to himself and took a drink as he sat back down to finish the film with his three Fluffies by his feet, dumb as they were, they were his and he wouldn’t change them for anything.

“IBAWUS WUD SCUBBY!”

Well… maybe a few minor changes wouldn’t go amiss.

17 Likes

Guising is a British (primarily Scottish) term for Trick or Treating. It’s pronounced Guys-in.

7 Likes

Best have them inside the house, safer and less accident than the accident they might do to themselves :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

ME WUB SCOOBY 'OO!!!

1 Like