How long would it take for almost all fluffies to die out?

Ah, gotcha.

If your story is smart and responsible human filled? Within a year is possible provided they commit the resources.

If it’s the usual assortment of fluffy humans? Never. They’d rather harass and massacre them than eradicate them.

2 Likes

I would love such changes in setting. Seeing them in an American neighbourhood/forest have became stale a long time ago. That’s why Muthu and stories from a secret Russian library are so special to me

1 Like

Legally the extermination is basically a toy recall

3 Likes

That’s actually part of the story, the fluffies that still live need to have somewhere to hide

2 Likes

Where did they manage to hide if not in the middle of American wilderness?

1 Like

I’m thinking an abandoned building in a dead forest, a place people only go to for ghost sightings or dystopian pictures. Unlike the normal forested places, food is scarce as the forest died long ago and the only trees are dry and brittle. The only real shelter is the dilapidated structure that used to have some use a century ago.

1 Like

I DON WIKE DEM PUTTIN CWEMICULS IN DA WATER, DA TURN DA FWICKEN FWUFFIES GEY

3 Likes

If you want to have fluffies hidden in an area where they’re not likely to be found, you could always use the limestone caverns. There are thousands of uncharted ones in the north east of the US, and it’s unlikely they would be found if they used one as their shelter

2 Likes

As much I don’t want to be that guy but isn’t that the conceit of the question? Unless you already have an answer in your head and just putting out the question to just fish for interest isn’t it the point that we’re answering the question in a “realistic”/headcanon form?

1 Like

I suppose, but I want there to be some leeway for creativity considering the things that are canon. I had thought it would be possible at some point for people to be able to use the chemical in the same way rain forms naturally, instead of a piece of dust or other particle for the water vapor to cling/freeze to before growing too heavy and falling. The chemical would spread everywhere the rain landed, and this along with putting it in as many water sources as possible.

I had figured a chemical that caused 99.999999999999999% infertility to fluffies only would be the best way to create a world where these type of fluffies are like finding a living Tasmanian tiger or one of a limited pieces of a super famous recalled product, but you’re welcome to offer suggestions.

i think the only wrong with your plan is that you wouldn’t be able to get a high enough concentraition of the chemical for it to affect the fluffys in any significant way, the chemical would become to diluded over to large an area, especialy if you don’t know exactly were they are, for it to properly work you would need docens if not hundreds of tons of the chemical for it to have a good effect every time a herd is located, and at that point the manufactoring of the chemical it’s transportation and deployment would likely become more expensive than the fluffys themselves.

2 Likes

Well like I said I’m open to suggestions on how to get to the point where I want to be in the story.

What are hasbio and the government able to do to get to where fluffiest could be considered extinct, but there is still a population of literally a dozen left in the world?

My headcannon:

Fluffies can live up to 10 years.

In some rare cases a fluffy has managed lived up to 15 years.

But only if taken good care of.

But In the wild i would say the avaredge age that they die is 4-5 years.

But to teds fluffies, to them applies only cartoon logic, so they can be alive even after 100 years. Because cartoon logic!

2 Likes

In this story normal fluffies live about 10-15 years if taken proper care of, ferals only 3 or 4 at most. However, the replacements will live as long as normal horses.

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

2 days, take it or leave it. :+1:

3 Likes

Extending the lifespan of fluffies is an ongoing project in my headcanon. I’d say it started out at 10-15 years, but they’ve already managed to extend it by 5 years. The longest any fluffy lived in my headcanon was 17 years, and that one only died because he sacrificed himself to save his owner.

And his past self. It’s a long story.

1 Like

Maybe instead of putting it in the water have it aerosolized and released over possible fluffy habitats, like crop dusting

1 Like

If fluffies were unable to reproduce, they would all die out within about five years.
Fluffy 2.0 would be another five years for people to get over the trauma of Fluffy 1.0.

In my headcanon fluffies are too useful to make extinct.

1 Like

Okay, throwing out reality. We still need the fractures of your fluffies life span, intelligence, durability and laws about domestics. if their made of glass, dumb as a rock, and are soap 5 years. 50 if they have basic problem solving skills, and are made like child’s toys, with base law place on them.

1 Like