Hunger for Bread - II/End - LostDauphin

Kind reminder that this is WeirdBox
Now yes, enjoy it!

The first part is here! And the original post of the competition is here!

Thanks to @Lothmar for his patience with me, it took me longer than I expected, but I really enjoyed this activity and I hope to participate in many more!

Thanks for watching! :heart:

237 Likes

Always love your art :heart:
and this is an existential nightmare given comic form and I adore it.

15 Likes

Thanks! I adore all of you! :relaxed:

9 Likes

the absurdity makes this hilarious, love the faces lmao

11 Likes

I still hate that kid tho :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So, TL;DR: This is great.

The fluffy misery in general was awesome. I especially liked the panel where the fluffy was being washed. You did a crazy good job making what should be a relatively benign if not wholesome task still seem ominous. Not that all of the grating and eating wasn’t also super grim. And how super weird this whole thing was added a great unerving feeling that I don’t usually get with regular fluffy abuse/ sadness.

Edit: The exceptional cuteness of your art style also does a lot to make this seem disturbing.

8 Likes

I am very happy to read that, I will not deny that I had a lot of fun drawing certain parts and was uncomfortable in others.

6 Likes

The moment of realisation is one of the greatest things I’ve seen: the sudden shift in atmosphere, the girl’s cold and feral expression, the beginning of horror in the fluffy’s eyes. And then just being eaten as it feels how more and more of it is gone. Beautiful. Horrifyingly beautiful.

9 Likes

What would happen if you used two or more Cassafluffs in the recipe?

4 Likes

That’s an interesting question, several things could happen, maybe they would look like Siamese twins, or maybe a single fluffy bread would have two different consciences or it might even look like a full fluffy, with legs.

7 Likes

Lol there were parts that didn’t make you uncomfortable?

Also, follow up question, what are the eyes supposed to be made of.

2 Likes

Haha, well, in the part where he bathes and grates it, I did not feel uncomfortable, it amused me, but the rest was already quite uncomfortable.

The eyes are raised as if they were a cookie or piece of dough that burned almost charred and therefore are very hard to be eaten.

2 Likes

Oh sweet!
Certainly it was a great story

(Whoops I commented on the first part)

Anyways

1 Like

By the way
Sorry for asking that here

Can I translate it or…?

1 Like

@Larur Of course! You always have permission to translate what you like about my work, I have no problems.

1 Like

Excellent art and story-wise, the little creature thought that avoided both death and an existence as an inferior “poopie fluffy” only to lose it all.

2 Likes

So the eyes are inedible…

1 Like

If you like cookies somewhat burnt, then yeah :grimacing:

This gives me very jojo esque Dramatic pose/dab vibes. xD

7 Likes

Dude, if you make a children’s book, with these illustrations, I would totally buy it…

4 Likes