Imagine a Fluffy Breeding Sim

Oh no, don’t worry, I’m not annoyed with you. It’s just a thing I find curious, since as mentioned everyone seems to hone in on that exact niche genre and there must be some reason why it happens. And as you explained – it’s not even an easy genre! AI, morality systems and various events, there’s a lot more than meets the eye to making a breeding game.

1 Like

don’t apologize people are big boys if a tread annoys them then it is up to them to not read it. i just find it odd that after so many failures people still gravitate to a breeding sim whit the only completed fluffy games have not been breeding sims

1 Like

since we are now talking about it how would you handle penalizing overly abusive breeders what mechanics besides money would you see being used to keep players from just being overly nice how would you see forcing the breeder to make hard decisions that would be seen as abusive

1 Like

Ignore

1 Like

Well, I can only really speak for Lioden but the system actually kind of “awards” abusive players in a way.

There’s a karma system and you play as the lead male, so you recruit and breed with the females for better stat/looking cubs. Beating on or killing your lionesses, killing your unwanted cubs instead of adopting them out or selling them, etc, lowers your karma and makes you evil when your karma gets low enough. And having that super low-karma evil status isn’t a hindrance but just kind of changes your game experience. You get different NPC encounters, random events, quests, items, etc for being evil vs. good. That way there’s equal appeal in being cruel or kind and neither makes you “miss you.”

A collosseum/battle arena to fight fluffies against each other for profit, resulting in injury and death, is also an idea for an abuser’s way to breed and utilize better-stat fluffies. Fluffies that battle could “earn” scars and cosmetic items of missing eyes, ears, etc. That happens in Lioden or Wolvden where after a battle your character can end up with a huge scar or a missing eye and it’s visible.

They also have babies that can be born with mutations, like mermaid syndrome, which will kill the baby if you can’t use an item to “freeze it.” But you get messages about how heartbroken and sad the mom is watching her baby suffer.

So I guess all that, in my mind, could be fun and interesting with fluffies. But I also understand that games like that take a lot of time, effort, and HUGE server space that costs a lot of money to maintain. I don’t think it could ever work longterm as a real game.

But I promise I will think of fluffies every time my bright and rare coloured mothers birth a low-tier baby who has to go in the garbage!

1 Like

It also helps for it to be online and allow breeding/battling with other players and not just your own stock. Community-driven. It’s dead end altogether I think if it had to be single-player focus.

Personally I’d love to see a fluffy dating sim. You’re a fluffy and you’re trying to find your very own special friend. Have a pool of 6 or so mares and stallions,let you do very basic design of your MC fluffy, and go from there. It’s kind of a weirdbox idea,but it would be fun. If I knew how to make games,I’d definitely try to make it.

2 Likes

Now this game I can get behind! That or something like Nintendogs like I draw up that one time.

2 Likes

That actually would be neat. A fluffy dating sim with like 5 mares/stallions to woo with stupid gifts and nummies and the goal is to have babbehs even though your owner said no.

1 Like

A fluffy game where you just take care of the fluffies and have basic interactions with them would be fun too. Food bar, cleanliness bar,happiness bar,etc.

The little gifts aspect would be fun to add. MC fluffy could go on “fetch quests” in the nearby woods or a human house,or maybe you could do a mini game to earn them. It almost makes me want to learn how to make a simple game just to try,haha!

1 Like

Fluffies are pets, people want the experience of owning a fluffy. Having a tower defense game or side-scroller game with fluffy characters wouldn’t really be scratching anyone’s fluffy itch. The tower defense thing could potentially be fun for abusers if the focus was predominantly on creative ways of killing the fluffs and not on creating a challenging hardcore game.

It exists already, you can find a link to it under the games tag

a pet sym fluffy game why focus on the most mundane aspect of a fluffy for a game

You mean something like Chao Garden? I can’t say it enough, fluffies and Chao have so much in common.

1 Like

Here ya go

2 Likes

This is my go-to for a fluffy breeder game

It lacks a lot in visuals, but it’s pretty well made

2 Likes

Hear me out Star Citizen but fluffies

2 Likes

I forgot about this. Thank you!

This guy gets it

1 Like