Last Hope Chapter 3 part 3 Chicago (FluffySadist)

First
Previous
Next

You’re name is Soul you and you’re family have just traveled from from you’re home at the Kingdom of Motor to a new land known as Chicago joining a Knight named Jay who says he and his order need help defeating invaders who have ravaged the land. Once getting there on a airship you entered the city of Swab you noticed as you entered the people there were sick and injured and gave you looks like you weren’t supposed to be there. Following Jay you made you’re way to the headquarters of The Order Of Talon. Going throughout the building you made you’re way to GrandMaster Torres’s quarters. There Jay was given a promotion and Torres explained why we were brought their. Long ago when the former GrandMaster EagleFly was just a Knight he ventured into the heart of Chicago and discovered something he called a weapon something powerful but horrible. The letter also gave the location the weapon at some place called Hasbio Midwest. Jay when hearing this information was concerned claiming going into the heart of the city is suicidality dangerous only agreeing when Torres brought up that there is no other way. After that we all left leaving Swab and beginning our journey we will have nobody else coming with us only having basic supplies and an old map of where the Hasbio building is.

“Everyone remember stay with me believe me when I say you don’t know how easy it is to get lost in this place!” Jay says this as we were walking through the ruins. walking through I couldn’t help but feel a sense a dread/. What few buildings were left towered over us buildings made of metal and glass. Sometimes I would flinch hearing a strange noise coming but kept going knowing there was no time to waste. Trying to find a way to pass the time while walking I noticed Merlin he was looking at Jay blushing. Jay didn’t notice though as he was in the front Monica and Willy were in the middle and we were in the back. So having an idea on what was going on I went to go talk to Merlin. “‘Ou totawwy hab a thin’ fo’ him.” I said in a smartass tone. Merlin looked at me shocked for a few seconds than spoke. “Su what an’ it’s not wike 'ou am much bettew Souw! Yeah Mewwin noticed how 'ou wook at Monica!” Now I was in shock! was I really that obvious? After a few seconds I spoke again. “why nu 'ou go tawk to him. get to know him bettah!” Merlin looks down for a bit than back up. “Mewwin nu know whenebah Mewwin twy I get buttewfwies in my stomach. dis wub thin’ am hawd.” I speak “‘ou know Souw been feewin’ dah same way. Guess that makes two of us!” I chuckle and Merlin gives a slight grin and chuckles back “yeah Mewwin guess it does.”

After a few more hours of walking the sun started to set I didn’t know when we were getting set up camp but hoped it was soon. my legs were so tired it was killing me! Trying to to think about it I thought of something else the weapon what was it? I had no idea from the letter it sounded powerful but also horrible you hoped whatever it was it wasn’t that heavy and what is Hasbio? So many questions. Than Jay stopped and spoke “Get Down Now!” Jay spoke like he was trying to yell but also trying not to be loud. Getting down you and the others went over to see what the commotion was. “CMON KEEP URE EYEZ OPEN! LORD STEEDHEART DOESNT WANTS ANY SUPRISEZ WIF DIS FINAL ASSAULT!” Infront of you there were 4 Reborn soldiers. They didn’t see you but were going on a patrol sounded like scouting. They wore heavy dark red leather armor you also couldn’t see what they looked like underneath. The one in the front seemed to be there commander his armor had a dark yellow helmet and was yelling at his squad that looked just as exhausted as you. Than Jay spoke “Be quiet let them pass.” we were watching them there commander just seemed to get even more upset with his exhausted squad “LOOK AT DIS FUCKING PATHETIC! IF IT WUZ NOT 4 U ALL BEAN FAILUREZ WE WUDT HAS BEEN GIVEN DIS ASSIGMENT!” There commander intrigued you as when he finished he began hitting one of his squad members. he spoke not like a fluffy or puffy it made you curious and you weren’t quite sure but when he finished yelling to his squad you heard something that sounded like a hiss. Than after a few more seconds you heard something that made you’re heart sink. A loud noise it was caused by Willy who when laughing at the soldiers without thinking accidently made a piece of rubble fall. All 4 Reborn soldiers looked at us and we knew we were in for a fight.

“IZ TEH ORDR OV TALON! ATTACK U IDIOTS!” They began rushing towards us drawing there swords than Jay spoke. “Dammit! C’mon battle formations!” I pulled out Excalibur with everyone else getting there weapons and us and the Reborn attacked. I didn’t know who striked first but I heard the sound of a swing. One of the reborn soldiers chose me to attack. To be honest I had gotten a bit rusty since fighting in the arena but even still I was able to dodge his attack as it was slow and weak due to exhaustion. I swung next but the soldier dodged as I was feeling the same tiredness as he. A few seconds later I heard Willy give a loud scream as one of the soldiers cut him but doing that was a grave mistake as Willy in a fit of rage responded by ripping off the left arm of the soldier causing him to die and blood to get everywhere. The two other soldiers one I was fighting and the other fighting Merlin and Monica started running screaming repeating the word MUNSTAH! That only left the commander who looking at his retreating squad spoke “GIT BAK HER U MOTHERFUCKERS ILL HAS U BOTH HANGD 4 TREASON 4 DI-” The commander didn’t finish as while he was not paying attention Jay swung his sword as his throat going right through it blood started gushing out as the commander fell dying soon after. I put Excalibur away catching my breath I thought about following the soldiers but they were already gone. Merlin and Monica were treating Willy’s Wound with Jay looking over the commanders corpse. coming up to him I looked down at the dead commander and took off his helmet. Underneath was not a fluffy or a puffy. If I were to give a description it would have been a cat with purple fur and a lots of scars and piercing’s. But other than that he was a lot cuter and more ‘toyish’ than what a normal cat looks like It wasn’t even close. And he was able to speak he had to be a different species than a cat so curious on what he was I asked Jay. “what am he some sowt of cat?” Jay speaks “I don’t know what there species is called all I know is that there a lot more prominent the more west you go. And it’s not just cats they also have dogs, foxes and rabbits to. SteedHeart must have either convinced or conquered some tribe out west and brought them here to fight.” I speak. “Wow” Jay speaks "WE should probably rest Willy seems hurt tomorrow we should be at Hasbio Midwest.

Once awake we gathered our things and ate breakfast. Willy cut had healed and Looking out from our camp I noticed birds picking at the remains of the commander and soldier I tried not to gag. Beginning our walk the next few hours were uneventful mostly just small talk and listening to Merlin rabble on about his awful business ideas. Then Jay stopped we a grin “finally were here!” Looking in Jays direction there was a large building with a blue sign thankfully the structure was still intact. There was also something weird about this place to large barricades and green rusted machines stood outside the place. It was like whoever was here before us was protecting this place trying to keep others out… Or trying to keep something inside. Fin

Thank you for reading my story! I hope to have the next part done in a few days. And of course constructive criticism is always appreciated.

1 Like