"Let There Be Carnage" Part 1 by NobodyAtAll

Note: this is part of the We Am Venom! series.

San Francisco.

The middle of the night.

An alleyway, littered with mutilated fluffy corpses, or at least, what’s left of them.

And clinging to a wall, taking in this gruesome scene, Venom the symbiotic fluffy, looking most unpleased.

The Klyntar speaks up in Tom’s mind.

“I know this LOOKS like our handiwork, but I’m pretty sure we didn’t do this.”

The symbiotic fluffy lands, reverting to normal form, and Tom nods.

“Yus, we nu wud du dis tu fwuffies.”

Tom notices something.

While there’s a lot of blood in this alleyway, he notices a few bits of a red slime, blending in with the blood.

“Du yu see dis? It wook wike bwud, but Tom am pwetty suwe it nu am bwud.”

“Sniff some of it, I can piggyback on your senses. Maybe I can tell you what it is.”

So Tom sniffs the red slime.

A few seconds later, the Klyntar speaks up, sounding very concerned now.

“Oh. OH. Shit. I know what this is, Tom. Klyntar biomass. Meaning someone like US did it.”

“But yu am da onwy Kwyntaw awn Uwf, wite?”

“Well, yes, but-- Oh. OHHHHH. Now I realize why I was feeling so weird a while back.”

“Wai?”

“My kind reproduce asexually. I was about to SPAWN.”

The Klyntar explains what spawning is, and Tom is… skeptical.

“How yu nu cud knu dat yu wuz abowt tu haf babbeh? Wen fwuffy am soon-mummah, fwuffy awways knu!”

“Yeah, well, I’M not a fluffy. And the Klyntar don’t have a lot of, ah, nesting instincts. We don’t pay much attention to our spawn. Plus, this is my FIRST spawn, I didn’t know the signs.”

“Mebbeh yu shudda bin pay-in att-en-shun tu dis spawn.”

“…I can’t say I don’t see your point…”

Meanwhile, across town, in another alleyway…

CHOMP

“NU! WAST BABBEH! HUU HUU HUUUU!”

Carnage, the other symbiotic fluffy, devours the last foal of the litter he stumbled upon.

He broke the mare’s weggies and made her watch.

Her despair will make her so much tastier.

Carnage leers at the mare, his long, slimy tongue slithering across her face, tasting her tears.

“Nu make saddie wawas… yu gun see yu babbehs again WEAW suun.”

CHOMP

Carnage bites her head off.

Venom swings across town, following the scent of the other Klyntar.

Tom is not happy about this, because they were trying to track down Tom’s owner, and this is preventing him from focusing on that.

And the Klyntar isn’t happy either, because another Klyntar running around, wreaking havoc like this, might draw unwanted attention to Venom.

Neither of them is happy about the innocent fluffies being slain.

As they swing past one particular building, they completely fail to notice Michelle, Tom’s former owner, who is burning the midnight oil again.

This time, she sees Venom swing past the window. Which is closed again.

Otherwise, Tom would have smelled her.

“I gotta stop pulling all-nighters, I think I’m starting to hallucinate.”

Venom lands in the alley where Carnage just ate the feral family.

All that’s left is splashes of blood and chunks of fluff.

“Da bas-tuwd wuz jus hewe.”

“Then we need to keep moving! We need to find them! We need to STOP them, before they hurt any more fluffies!”

“We nee tu KIWW da bas-tuwd!”

“Damn right, Tom!”

Venom continues pursuing their prey.

In yet another alleyway, Carnage, having reverted to his usual form, approaches a hobo, sitting on the floor against the wall, drinking a bottle of hobo wine.

Carnage tries to get into character.

“Huu huu. Wood-ee am wost. Pwease hewp Wood-ee fine housie. Huu.”

He’s not trying that hard.

The hobo, having little better to do, decides to walk off with the “helpless lost fluffy”.

This is a mistake.

Carnage isn’t as picky as Venom is, when it comes to victims.

Venom keeps following the scent trail around town, and eventually, finds the source, in an abandoned house.

It was abandoned when the occupants came down with a sudden case of being eaten by a psychotic symbiotic fluffy.

When Venom gets inside, they find the culprit, happily devouring the hobo’s corpse.

“Cawnage awways um num wike da bonesies, dey am num num nice an cwunchy…”

Were you hoping it was Victor in disguise?

He’s not even on Earth right now. At least, not this Earth. He’s on Primal Earth, having a booty call with Loana.

It’s been one of his most successful relationships so far. If Iokans weren’t generally lukewarm on the idea of marriage, Victor would propose.

He thinks it would be the best marriage he’s ever been in. But this is Victor we’re talking about, his litmus test for a successful marriage is whether or not he can remember getting married.

More than once, Victor started a night of drinking as a bachelor and woke up as a married man the next afternoon.

And more than once, he got out of the marriage by faking his own death and discarding whichever false identity he was using at the time.

He’s used a lot of false identities, it being the only way an immortal can get around without being asked uncomfortable questions like “Hey, why don’t you, y’know, age?

Victor’s a man of many talents, and one of those talents happens to be forgery. You name any kind of document, he can forge it. Driver’s license, birth certificate, letter of permission from your parents for a school field trip, he can do it.

And of course, Victor didn’t learn how to forge documents for no reason. It’s a necessity, if he wants to prevent the wrong people from learning about his eternal life and targeting him.

People would notice if he used an ID card with his actual date of birth on it, after all. It was a rather long time ago, and Victor certainly doesn’t look his age, nosiree. People notice the discrepancy when a kid looks thirteen but his ID says eighteen, don’t they?

One of Victor’s deepest fears is a nebulous government agency capturing him and subjecting him to endless vivisection, in order to figure out what makes his immortality tick.

This is why he doesn’t like the idea of the few people he trusts with the secret spilling the beans.

A lot of people know that Victor is hard to kill by now, but most people don’t know just how hard it is to kill Victor. They know about his regeneration, they don’t know about his immortality.

And this is also partially why Victor cultivates his tough-guy image: so nobody who knows gets any stupid ideas.

But this story isn’t about him.

Let’s get back on-topic, shall we?

Venom’s Klyntar half speaks up in Tom’s mind again, sounding worried.

“Oh shit! That’s a RED one!”

Well, Venom should have known that already.

Carnage hasn’t yet noticed his “guests”.

Venom decides to make their presence known.

“Su wut did he du tu dee-sewv dat? It bettah have bin weawwy bad.”

Carnage, finally noticing that he has company, swallows his mouthful of hobo.

GULP

He smiles at them.

“He did nuffin. Cawnage wuz jus hungwy. Hewwo… DADDEH.”

Part 2 (FINALE)

4 Likes