Mana Charger? I barely know her! -GooGooDa

Hey Yall! This is going to be my first time posting a story online.

For some context, this story is placed in a modern urban world with it’s own magic system, I might write more about it in the future but for now I won’t elaborate too much on how magic works in the setting, Fluffies are a common type of magical creature in this world and not very valuable. Please feel free to offer feedback as I’m not too experienced in posting online.

A young magical user is looking for subjects for their magic studies in the ruins of an old city. Destroyed during a magical disaster.

“Ugh, what a wasted trip…” I say under my breath as I kick a small rock forward.

As a young magic user I have to learn as much as possible to get ahead of my peers in this world. Even it it means exploring the fucked up remains of some magical disaster from 10 years ago. What even happened here?..

Well who cares, the city is all debris, dust, and magical beasts doing whatever they can to survive, I can’t seem to find anything interesting for miles! So much for exploration…

“P-pwease mummah… nu go foweba sweepies…”

“Oh?” As I hear the distant sound of a creature babbling in an infantile voice from a nearby alleyway, I make sure to hide my approach and observe

“Huhuhu… fwuffy am su sowwy… nu wan tummy huwties… nee’ nummies…”

I can see the small creature’s… mother, I think? Is barely breathing, probably starving slowly to death as it’s child, a skinny pink foal, hugs one of her dry teats, probably hoping for a last drop of milk

“Babbeh… dun wowwy… wiww be awight… we cawl daddeh soon… fix evewyfin…”

It seems to have entered some state of delusion from hunger. The mother seems to not have much time left, I come out in the open and reveal myself to the two creatures, approaching them slowly. The mother is the first one to notice me-

“Eeeekkkk!!! Scaaaawwy hoomin! Gu 'way! Nu huwt!”
And then the Foal does, jeez how is it so loud?

I continue to walk forward, the small creatures both look terrified. Seems like the mother doesn’t have the strength to stand up; The foal tries to stand his ground and look as intimidating as it can, puffing it’s cheeks, but can’t help pissing himself at the sight of a human. They must have had bad past experiences with humans it seems… anyway

“[Arcane Bullet]” I point at a spider golem that was lurking above me, it’s web held between the two buildings around the alleyway, it was using the fluffies as bait, easy enough to notice.

A simple wind element Arcane Bullet spell was enough to eliminate it though, the seems even more afraid as the spider Golem blows up into pieces above them, but the foal…

“Yayuh! Munstah am gun! Fankyu mistah!! Be nyu Daddeh?” It seems quite happy, getting on it’s hind legs and doing a half second “dance”.

“You seem glad just because I destroyed that thing, did that golem kill the rest of your family?”

The foal seems sad when I ask the question
“Well then, I think you are both going to starve now, do you understand?”

“Nuuh!… n-nu stahv… babbeh fin’ nummies… am gud fwuffy!”

“It’s the truth, this is a total wasteland, there’s no food left here, at this rate your mother is going to die from starvation, and so will you. Unless…” I start making some conections in my mind, it’s just a half-assed idea but…

“Huhu… uness…?”

“Healing magic won’t really work if you’re starving, and I’m not giving you any food so… Either you or your mother can be saved, only one will survive. That’s the best I can do for you.”

“Mmmm…” The foal seems to think for a second, though I’m sure he can’t grasp the stakes of the situation “Pwease sabe mummah… hu hu huuu… mummah pwotect gud babbeh…” Not gonna lie, it’s pretty cute actually.

I chuckle “Awww… Are you sure little fellow?” I watch as the mother tries to protest, not having enough energy to talk to her offspring"There’s no coming back from this… And you can still save yourself, but do you want to save your mother instead anyway?"

“Y-yus… s-sabe mummah…”

“Well then, I’ll try to make it so this doesn’t hurt… too much” I surround the small Foal in a small water sphere as it’s mother watches in Horror, the foal trashes about, it’s inherent fear of water making it horrified of the experience.

“NUUU!!! STAHP EET!!! WEAVE BABBEH AWONE!!!” I watch in awe as the mare stands on her hooves and puffs her cheeks out at me, such admirable resolve, but it looks like that was the last bit of her energy.

“Oh? Are you saying you want to take it’s place?” I let the Foal’s head out of the water as it coughs for air, letting it hear it’s mother

“Babbeh… yu wiww be awight… we fin’ nummies… pway togdeh agin… yu desewve betteh lif…” She’s starting to slur her words, I guess it’s now or never.

I let the foal go and envelop the mother in the water sphere
“You heard your mother little one, sorry.”

The foal falls to the floor with a wet thump, and it’s mother closes her sad eyes, fighting her instincts to run away from the water.
“Nuuu!!!”

“[Arcane Bullet]” With a twist of my wrist the Fluffy mother gets shredded to bits inside the water sphere as if it were a blender, to the point that the sphere becomes completely red.

“Nuu!!! Mummah!!! Nu go fowevah sweepies!!! NUUUU!!!”

“Well, a pact is a pact, even if she didn’t realise she was making one.”
I grasp the foal with one hand and move the sphere close to it, molding the water’s shape with my free hand so that a string of the bloodied mass of liquid attaches itself to the screeching foal’s mouth against it’s will, forcing it to drink it’s mother’s remains to regain sustenance.

“Phew! That’s fucking grim, huh?”

The Foal screams and fights against the blood-filled water sphere but it’s efforts are in vain, soon enough it has no choice but to swallow bits of it’s mother

I cradle it in my arms, it cries and shivers as it drinks what used to be his caretaker, it’s eyes closed the entire time, unwilling to accept it’s reality.

“Well this was a welcome surprise… maybe you creatures are worth studying…”

“Fwuffy nu am huwt… but am wowse den befow?”

“Hm? You’re worse than before? You might be right, but your mother wanted this… So you should be grateful champ!”

“befow we pway togdeh, have funsies an nummies… nuw… n-nuthin’…”

“Sorry, I’m not interested in your backstory”
I rub the little Foal’s head with a smile on my face
“Did you know Fluffies like you are used as magical batteries by some mages?”

“Nu… huh? Batahies??”

“Haha, yes, but the batteries’ Mana production becomes inneficient once fluffies reach the infamous ‘Wan die loop’, Mana is only produced in good ammount when there’s a will behind the one doing it, you know?”

“Nu…” The foal keeps sobbing, unconsolable.

“But I just just learned something thanks to you and your mother, you know what that is, little guy?”

“Wha…” It opens it’s eyes at me in confusion.

“After forging that small pact with your mother her will for you to live is now attached to you! She unknowingly made you a flawless magical battery!” I grin widely at the foal.

The foal starts shaking in fear as it’s new purpose is revealed to it, it whimpers softly and tries it’s best to hide it’s face pressing it against my body.

A week later

The foal is safely trapped inside a Crystal sphere, submerged in a slow-healing breathable solution, partly originated from it’s mother’s remains. It won’t die of hunger, being constantly fed by the solution through it’s mouth and nose, and it’s excrements are extracted safely with a tube coming from the base of the sphere.

It now has no fluff, eyes, ears or legs, it jus floats silently in the sphere, a few magical glyphs have also been burned into it’s flesh, making the Foal release Mana constantly.

“Well then, steady Mana production, and almost no need for maintenance. You are trully amazing!”

I tap the Crystal sphere with a finger, terrifying the sightless foal with the vibrations in the water.

“N-nuuu… nu amazin… huwt… nu hapwiess…” The Foal thinks in silence

“Not a whole lot of power though… I guess your Mother’s will was only just enough to turn you into a good Phone charger…” I plug the charger cable coming from the sphere’s mechanism into my phone, which starts charging slowly.

The Foal feels the slight tug on his body as I use him to charge my phone, it hurts but it is unable to move or fight back, constantly feeling the sensation of it’s mother’s love sucking the strength out of it’s body.

“Huhu… Wan’ die…”

4 Likes

Ooh, I like how this world is going, and the use of fluffies as tools. This was a good read!

1 Like

Forgot to respond to this, thanks!!! You can expect more stuff like this in the future lol.